Chapter Three

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Daehyun sighed deeply as he walked into his office Monday morning. He ignored the looks his VP was giving him as he plopped down at his desk, turning on his computer. His VP followed him into the office, closing the door behind him to block them off from any of the other employees. He then locked the office door for further measures. Whenever one of them was upset, without having to say anything, they always helped each other out. The blond VP turned back on Daehyun, walking over and sitting on top of the man’s desk.

“Talk to me,” the VP said, placing his hands in his lap as he stared at Daehyun.

“We’ve been over this,” Daehyun said, turning away from him. “We can’t do this anymore. Your boyfriend wants to kill me. You already live with him. And you’ve been helping him raise his son. We need to stop this.”

“I’m not stopping anything when I know you’re upset,” the blond man said, refusing to budge. “I’ve been by your side since Jungkook’s mother went to jail and you had to take custody of him. I’m not leaving your side anytime soon. I don’t want to stop this.”

“But what about your best friend?” Daehyun asked, biting his lip. “He---”

“I know you saw Youngjae,” the blond said, avoiding his question. “I know you were in an accident with his son.”

“I was,” Daehyun said, sighing and sitting down at his desk, staring right up at the man. “I also had a blind date. With him.”

“And?” The man asked, tilting his head to the side in curiosity.

“He hates me,” Daehyun said, a tear running down his cheek. “He hates my guts. He doesn’t want to talk to me.”

“Hey, Jung Daehyun,” the blond said, jumping off the desk and taking a hold of the other man’s chin in his fingers and looking into his eyes. “Hey, I don’t think he hates you.”

“Yes, he does,” Daehyun muttered, causing the man to sigh and lean over, giving him a soft kiss on the lips. A gesture he did many times to get him to calm down.

The two of them had an odd relationship. They weren’t attracted to each other, they didn’t have romantic feelings for each other, but they always went to each other for comfort. Comfort being talking, sometimes skinship, sometimes kissing, and when they really needed it, . It helped them click. It helped them get their emotions out so it wouldn’t cloud their work. And in this case, it distracted Daehyun from missing Youngjae.

Daehyun wrapped his arms around the blond, pulling him onto his lap as he kissed him back. He knew the blond’s boyfriend was gonna hunt him down after this. But Daehyun really needed this. He couldn’t push his VP away. Especially because of how heartbroken he felt. He didn’t care how wrong this is.

“Jongup,” Daehyun whispered, pulling out of the kiss and looking into his eyes. “Is there any chance Youngjae still likes me at all?”

“He’s never stopped liking you,” Jongup told him with a smile. “I think it’s time you won him back. But please. Don’t hurt him again. Or else I’m gonna have to kick your .”

“We’re going to have to stop this if I do win him over,” Daehyun said, wiping the tears out of his eyes. “He’s your best friend. And I would never dream of hurting him again.”

“Well, let’s make right now worth it,” Jongup whispered into his ear.

“No,” Daehyun said with a deep sigh, pulling away from him. “I can’t. Not now with Youngjae being back in my life. I’m sorry, Jongup. I can’t.”

“Right answer,” Jongup said with a grin just as there was a knock on the door.

“Right answer?” Daehyun asked in confusion, watching as Jongup walked towards the door. “Were you testing me?”

“Of course I was,” Jongup said, unlocking the door and opening it up. “Youngjae’s my best friend. I’m going to protect him with everything I got.”

“You know Youngjae?” A young boy said from the door, causing Daehyun to frown. His youngest son was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. “How do you know him?”

“We grew up together,” Jongup told him. “What’s going on, Jungkook?”

“Well, I needed to ask my dad something,” Jungkook replied. “But since you’re here. You know Taehyung pretty well if Youngjae’s your best friend. Is he a violent person?”

“Tae? Violent?!” Jongup asked with wide eyes, glancing at Daehyun. “God no! That kid’s an angel! He doesn’t have a violent bone in his body! Where’s this coming from?”

“Taehyung kinda punched his best friend yesterday,” Daehyun replied.

“Taehyung?! Really?!” Jongup asked with raised eyebrows. “I don’t know if I believe that. My godson is the sweetest kid I know! Well, besides his brother.”

“Jimin has been kinda rude to him,” Jungkook said, shrugging his shoulders. “But Jimin’s now scared Taehyung’s going to hurt him again.”

“He doesn’t need to be scared of him,” Jongup assured him. “Youngjae would murder him if Taehyung hurt anyone. Jaehyun and Taehyung are scared of angering their father. So it’s safe to say that he will be okay.”

“Just also make sure Jimin stops taunting him,” Daehyun added. “He should treat him better if he has a crush on him.”

“I’ll talk with him,” Jungkook said, nodding his head. He then pointed at his father with a smirk before turning to leave. “You should fix that up Dad. Before your employees see. I’ll talk later. I’m already late to school.”

“Jungkook!” Daehyun cried out, but his son was already gone. He then looked at Jongup, who was staring at him with raised eyebrows. “What?”

“Well,” Jongup said, closing the door and locking it again, “you have a little friend peeking through.”

“What?” Daehyun asked, looking down and seeing a bulge poking at his pants. Daehyun blushed deeply and covered the bulge with his hands, sitting down on his chair. “My son saw this?! God, I’ll never be able to face him again!”

“Daehyun, we’re all men here,” Jongup said, walking over to him. “I’m sure he understands. Now, let me help you with that.”

“Jongup, please, we can’t,” Daehyun begged.

“Was it me who turned you on? Or was it talk about Youngjae?” Jongup asked, causing Daehyun to sigh and shake his head. He knew it was just the pure thought of Youngjae, but he wasn’t going to say anything. All he could think about now that the other man was back in his life was him. All the feelings he had years ago were back. “Let me help you with your issue there.”

“Jongup,” Daehyun said again, biting his lip. He watched as Jongup kneeled down in front of him with a smile. Daehyun closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. “Fine.”

 

Jimin made his way into school with his head down. He wasn’t in the mood to mess with any of the freshman. He was scared he would get hit again by Taehyung. He never imagined that he would get to the point where he would actually make the other boy get violent. But he had to admit that he was messing with Taehyung’s brother. And everyone knew not to mess with Jaehyun. Especially around his protective brother.

“Hey! Jimin hyung!” a voice cried, causing Jimin to look up and find his and Jungkook’s best friends running towards them. Choi Youngjae, who was actually in Jimin’s grade, sprouting a red button up shirt with black polka dots and dark brown hair. Kunpimook Bhuwakal, aka Bambam, with his stylish black hair with red highlights and a concert shirt. Kim Yugyeom with bright yellow hair and a graphic tee of his favorite anime. Both of them were in the same grade as Jungkook, Juniors.

“Hey, why do you have a bruise on your face?” Choi Youngjae asked with wide eyes, reaching out and touching the boy’s bruise on his jaw. “Does it hurt? Are you okay? What happened?”

“Taehyung punched me,” Jimin said, pushing him away. Youngjae was like the mother of their small group. He always wanted to take care of them ever since the rest of their friend graduated the year before. Even though Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter