Chapter Four

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After school that day Jungkook and Sangyeon made their way to their father’s work. Because Jongup called out for the rest of the day, Daehyun was staying late into the night. And Jungkook wanted to explain to him everything that happened. Jungkook knew his father was going to be upset with the news. And he knew it was his fault for saying something. Jungkook’s never been one to really have a filter.

However, when Jungkook and Sangyeon arrived at Daehyun’s office, someone was already there. The door was cracked open, so they could both hear what was going on. They didn’t want to eavesdrop, but whoever was in there was screaming pretty loudly. Sangyeon walked over and closed the door that led into the offices so people wouldn’t come and investigate. They both knew their father didn’t need the embarrassment.

“You were sleeping with my boyfriend?!” they heard an angry voice shout. “How dare you! After everything you’ve done to me and Youngjae in the past! Now you decide to go sleep with Jongup? Are you trying to tear us apart? Are you trying to hurt Youngjae?”

“Junhong, please,” their father begged the other man, “I wasn’t meaning to hurt you or Youngjae. I’m sorry this all happened. I’m sorry I let this happen. I tried stopping it, I really did. I didn’t intend for--”

“For me to find out?!” Junhong cried. The two boys heard something crash, and they realized Junhong either threw something or shoved something off Daehyun’s desk. “You ruined my whole relationship! I was going to ask him to marry me! But if he was sleeping with you, then that means he doesn’t love me! And Youngjae said this was going on for TWO YEARS?!”

“He loves you, Junhong,” Daehyun said, calmly. “He really does.”

“I really didn’t want you to get tangled in with my life again,” Junhong said. “I was tired of seeing Youngjae being hurt by you. And then you suddenly came back into his life. Youngjae was finally happy.”

Despite Sangyeon’s protests, Jungkook decided to push the door open and slip in. His brother sighed in defeat and followed him in. They both stared at the tall black haired boy standing over his father. There was papers all over the floor and a cracked laptop laying next to Daehyun’s feet. Daehyun was staring up at Junhong with confident eyes. Jungkook could tell that he was trying to stay calm and collected.

“Junhong, please listen to me,” Daehyun pleaded him. “Please.”

“Don’t be mad at him,” a new voice spoke up, causing everyone to spin around as Taehyung walked in. He bowed politely to everyone before walking up to Junhong and placing his hand on his wrist. “Uncle, you promised you wouldn’t go hard on him.”

“Taehyung,” he said, calmer this time. “I told you to wait in the car.”

“I was waiting until I saw Jungkook and Sangyeon go in,” Taehyung told him. “Look, I know you’re mad. But I was there when dad found out. So was Jungkook. Jongup was angry with Jimin because his friend beat me up. He was even yelling at Jungkook about it. And so Jungkook spoke up. He didn’t mean to, but he blurted out something about Jongup blowing Daehyun. And of course that angered my father. But the thing about it, Uncle, Jongup swore that none of this is Daehyun’s fault. He said for a long time Daehyun tried pushing him away. I talked to Jongup afterwards. He said it only started with conversations and cuddling because times were hard. I know when he’s lying, Uncle. I’ve known you and Jongup my whole life. He never intended for any of this to happen. Neither did Daehyun. Please calm down.”

“Tae-”

“Sit down here in this chair,” Taehyung said, pulling a chair out from behind Daehyun’s desk and helping Junhong sit down. He then glanced at Jungkook and Sangyeon, who both understood and walked over to their father, helping him to his own chair. “Okay, no more yelling. No more arguing. Let’s just take deep breaths and actually talk.”

“He’s your father,” Junhong said with a deep frown. “Whose side are you on?”

“I’m on the side of my father’s happiness,” Taehyung told him. “And I want you to get along with Daehyun. And I want my father to get along with Daehyun. Because ultimately, Daehyun’s going to be the one who makes him happy. I know my father and you know him too, Junhong. Now I think we should let Daehyun tell us his side. And why all of this started in the first place.”

“Fine,” Junhong said, glaring at Daehyun. “Why are you trying so hard to get him to like you when you cold heartedly rejected him so long ago?”

“Because I regret rejecting him in the first place,” Daehyun told him, nervously biting his lip. “I know how much he loved me back then. And… I loved him too. A loved him more than you can even imagine. And when he confessed to me, well, the timing was all wrong. I was going to leave for the US the next week for training to take over this business. I didn’t want him to have to wait for me. I thought it would be for his best interest. I had no idea how long I would be in the States. I had no idea I would be back the next year. I rejected him harshly cause I thought that would make him forget me. I wasn’t aware that I would actually hurt him. I wasn’t thinking. Of course it would hurt him. I regretted it every day all these years. Because after I left him that day I was aware of how hurt he actually was. And I couldn’t face him. I didn’t have the guts to face him.”

“Then why were you an to him when we worked under you?” Junhong asked, still not buying anything Junhong was saying.

“Because that’s how I was as a boss back then. You know this,” Daehyun told him. “I try and keep my employees on their toes. It was never to hurt or scare Youngjae. I admit there’s many things I could have gone with differently. And I was also aware that he forgot me. I know he didn’t forget what happened. But he forgot what I looked like. But after that talk I know he knew who I was. And I couldn’t talk to him again after he left my office. Because he never wanted to see me again. He didn’t want to go down the road of getting hurt again. Of those feelings from highschool. I understood that. That’s why I didn’t reach out for these last 20 years. Jongup made it very clear that I could never reach out to Youngjae. And it hurt. Every single night I think about him. I never loved anyone the way I love Youngjae. I promise you, Junhong. I can’t say I would never hurt Youngjae, because I already did. But I do want to fix everything. And I promise, I’ll stay away from Jongup. I’ll make sure he gets a job that pays the same, or even higher, and get a different vice president for this company. I’ll do everything I can to show you how sorry I am.”

“And Uncle, you have to understand that both Daehyun and Jongup are just as guilty in this,” Taehyung spoke up. “So don’t just hate Daehyun for this. I love you and I love Jongup equally. Jongup’s my godfather. You, well you practically raised me alongside my father. I consider Sanha my baby brother. I’ve been there with you through everything. I was there with you during your divorce 3 years ago.”

“Wait, you had a divorce 3 years ago?” Jungkook asked with a frown, pushing into the conversation. “How long ago did you and Jungkook get together?”

“18 months,” Junhong told him, causing Jungkook to frown.

“And dad, you and Jongup started this… mess… up 2 years ago?” Jungkook asked, turning on his father. “How long… Exactly how long has this been going on?”

“A little over 25 months,” Daehyun answered, honestly. Jungkook nodded his head and looked at Junhong.

“I know that doesn’t make the situation much better,” Jungkook told him. “But this has been happening long before the two of you got together. Dad, have you been having with him these last 18 months?”

“...Yes… Six months ago,” Daehyun admitted, causing Jungkook to sigh and close his eyes. “I know how bad this sounds. I know. I’m truly sorry Junhong. You don’t have to believe me. But I am.”

“Fine, I believe you,” Junhong said, standing up. “Doesn’t mean I can forgive you. Not right now. If you fix things with Youngjae and you do end up making him happy, then I might forgive you. But only time will tell.”

“I can accept that,” Daehyun said, nodding his head. Junhong nodded and started walking towards the door. “But Junhong?”

“What?” Junhong asked at the door, his back facing the older man.

“Please don’t hate Jongup. I know you’re hurt and I know it’s going to take some time to get over this,” Daehyun told him. “But please don’t turn your back on him. Jongup loves you with all his heart. And yes he’s had his urges and yes we’re both guilty. But know that he always thought about you. He always talked about you. You and your son mean the world to him. Just please remember that before you walk out of here, Junhong. He shouldn’t have cheated you. I shouldn’t have let this continue. And I’m very sorry.”

Junhong nodded before fully walking out of the room. Daehyun closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. Jungkook then looked up and met Taehyung in the eye. Taehyung was avoiding his gaze, but to his scared self Jungkook saw at the school. That’s when Jungkook realized Taehyung was also scared of him. Taehyung didn’t trust him.

“Taehyung,” Jungkook said, causing the boy to shake his head and back away.

“I need to go…” he whispered. “Junhong is my ride…”

Before Jungkook could get a word out, the other boy ran out of the room. Jungkook sighed deeply, hating the roller coaster day he’s had. There was so much drama and it was giving him a headache. He just wanted Daehyun and Youngjae to sit down and talk so they could get this all over with. He didn’t know how much longer he could handle all of this.

“What actually happened?” Daehyun asked, staring after the boy in worry. “Did Jimin-”

“Jimin’s not the reason that Taehyung is all beaten up,” Jungkook said, shaking his head. “I mean, technically he is, but Jimin didn’t have a say in it. You know my friend Yugyeom… Well he got all protective when Jimin said the bruise under his jaw was because Taehyung hit him. So Yugyeom went psycho and went after Taehyung. When I got there, Jimin was trying to stop Yugyeom, but Yugyeom was already beating him up. I stepped in between them to get Yugyeom to stop. And that’s when Sangyeon sent Yugyeom to the principal’s office. But needless to say, I think that worsened Taehyung’s trust in Jimin… And now even me.”

“If I end up succeeding in pursuing things with Youngjae, you and Taehyung need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter