Chapter Twelve

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook awoke to a loud moan of pain. He opened his eyes in confusion, letting himself adjust to the light. He then slowly turned his head to find some doctors standing around someone’s bed. It seemed like they were pulling something out of the other person’s leg and the person didn’t seem to be quite pleased. Jungkook thought doctors would sedate someone before pulling stuff out of people. It didn’t make sense.

“I got a hold of the bullet,” the head doctor said. “Mr. Kim, are you okay?”

“No,” the person muttered, his eyes scrunched shut in pain.

“Hold still,” the doctor told him. “It’s almost out.”

The doctor slowly pulled the tool he was using, trying to keep it as painless as possible. When he finally had it out of the boy’s leg, Jungkook caught sight of a tiny bronze bullet. He then realized the boy was shot. But what he didn’t understand was why the boy was even in his room. He didn’t know him, did he?

“Got it,” the doctor said, smiling at the boy on the bed. “We’ll get this bandaged up right away.”

“It’s not going to need stitches?” the boy asked, his teeth clenched from pain.

“It depends on if the bleeding stops,” the doctor told him. He glanced at the boy’s wrist, which was pointed in a weird position. “It looks like your wrist is broken. Let’s get that casted up for you.”

“Taehyung’s father is coming in,” a nurse said, leading in a man with brown hair. The boy looked up at his father with wide eyes.

“Dad,” he said, causing the man to give him a soft smile and walk over to him. “Did… Did Daehyun talk to you?”

“Of course he did,” the man said with a deep sigh. “He and Jimin both.”

Jungkook frowned, wondering how the two of them knew his father and his best friend. He had no recollection of who these two were. He was so confused about what was going on. Everything seemed so strange, and something definitely didn’t feel right. He sat up to get a doctor’s attention. He needed to figure out what was wrong with himself.

“Jungkook’s awake,” the boy said, nodding at Jungkook. The man him in surprise, jumping up.

“Jungkook!” the man cried, rushing over to him. “How are you? Are you okay? Your father’s worried sick about you.”

“I--” Jungkook said in confusion, watching as one doctor walked over to help put a cast on the boy’s wrist as another nurse left the room. Probably to get Jungkook’s doctor. He stared in the man’s eyes, who had a look of genuine worry. Jungkook really didn’t know what to say to him. He didn’t know who he was and he felt bad, because the man obviously knew who Jungkook was. And he was focusing on him, even though his son, who was apparently just shot, was sitting right there. “Um… I’m sorry… Who are you?”

“Just as I feared,” a doctor said as he walked into the room with Jungkook’s father following closely. “When you hit your head today, it looks like you suffered a brain injury.”

“What does that mean?” Daehyun asked, staring at the doctor with wide eyes. Jungkook noticed Daehyun give the other boy in the room a quick glance, giving him a smile of support before turning his attention back to the doctor. “What’s wrong?”

“Mr. Jeon here has a small case of memory loss,” the doctor said, nodding at Jungkook.

“Jungkook, what all do you remember?” Daehyun asked softly, walking up to his son and sitting down on his bed. He took a hold of his hand, giving it a soft squeeze.

“I know I got in a fight with Yugyeom and that’s why I’m in the hospital,” Jungkook said, causing Daehyun to frown and glance at the man who was now standing at the edge of the bed. “We were playing games and then we argued about something. And I remember my tv crashing to the ground. I also remember getting shoved into my bookshelf and it following on top of me.”

“But you don’t remember Taehyung and Youngjae?” Daehyun asked, causing Jungkook to shake his head.

“Never heard of them,” Jungkook replied, causing the boy on the bed to let out a small chuckle.

“Figures,” the boy said as the cast was put on his arm. “I go through hell today and one person I’ve pretty much considered my brother now forgets who I am. What about Sangyeon? Did he forget me too? Or Jaehyun?”

“Of course Sangyeon didn’t forget you,” the boy’s father said, rolling his eyes. “And your brother would never forget you, Taehyung.”

“Yeah, but the guy who says he likes me left me at a place full of thugs,” Taehyung snapped. “So if the guy who has a crush on me, the guy who could be my brother, if the two of them forget me, then it’s possible that my little brother would forget me too.”

“What’s going on?” a new voice asked as Jungkook’s older brother walked in, followed by Jimin and a kid Jungkook didn’t recognize.

“Your brother doesn’t remember who I am,” Taehyung said, closing his eyes and sighing in frustration.

“Taehyung,” Jimin said, walking towards him. He reached his hand out towards him, but Taehyung slapped his hand away. “I… I thought you weren’t mad at me..”

“Oh, I’m mad, Park Jimin,” the boy said, opening his eyes and glaring at him. “I can understand why you left. Of course I can. I would do the same thing for my baby brother. But I’m pissed. Of course I’m pissed! You left me alone! They harassed me, Jimin! They molested me! They ing shot me! And you took off with my car! With my phone! I’m glad you went to Daehyun and that he saved me, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m pissed at you. I was terrified, Jimin. I thought I was going to die.”

“Okay someone humor me,” Jungkook said, catching everyone’s attention. “Tell me what the hell is going on and who this brat is please.”

“Son,” Daehyun said, sighing deeply. “Taehyung… He’s the son of my boyfriend, Youngjae--”

“Oh and you guys are TOGETHER now and I wasn’t informed?!” Taehyung suddenly shouted.

“Kim Taehyung,” the boy’s father, Youngjae, hissed, glaring at him. “That’s enough. I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but you need to chill out.”

“What do you THINK is wrong we me, Dad?!” Taehyung shouted, his voice carrying. The nurses and doctors in the room all flinched, each of them backing out to give the group some space. “Huh?! First I’m cornered in a ing alleyway being THREATENED to deliver drugs! If I didn’t then my baby brother would be and a boy would be dead! And then you get all mad at me cause I was hanging out with Jimin! Because you don’t trust him and you decided that you want to investigate him for no reason at all. And then I have to go face these thugs and I get LEFT there! They steal my money, break my wrist and pointed a ing gun at my head! And then I get shot in the leg! Yeah, no nothing’s wrong with me.”

“You know what,” Sangyeon spoke up, causing everyone to look at him. “How about we just have a little brotherly chat? Just me, Jaehyun, Jungkook and Taehyung. Everyone else out so we can talk.”

Jungkook watched a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter