Chapter Six

We Are Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin walked through the mall with a baseball cap covering his eyes. He honestly looked like a hot mess after everything that happened Friday night. After rushing out of Jungkook’s house, he went to his cousin’s house. His cousin was a huge clubber and ended up sneaking the boy into the club he frequented. And to say Jimin got very drunk was an understatement. And now he had to go to work, which was the Hot Topic in his local mall. He was very hungover and felt like crap. He honestly didn’t know he was even going to make it through work.

“Ah, Jimin,” his coworker said with a bright smile as he walked in. “It looks like it’s just you and me this morning! Minho called in.”

“That’s nice, Sana,” Jimin said with a sigh, walking towards the backroom to clock in. He wasn’t really in the mood to deal with his coworker. She was very flirtatious with Jimin, and she couldn’t take the hint that Jimin didn’t swing that way. And at the moment the only way he ‘swung’ was towards Kim Taehyung. But even now that was ruined thanks to a certain friend of Jimin’s.

Once he was all situated, Jimin made his way back into the store side, noticing a group of teenagers walk in. They were all freshmen from his school. Jimin gave them a small smile, bowing respectfully. Each one of these boys he has verbally bullied at least once. And after everything with Jaehyun and Taehyung, Jimin couldn’t feel anymore guiltier.

“Park Jimin,” one of the boys, Kim Donghyun, said with a frown. “What are you doing here?”

“I work here,” Jimin said, giving him a small nod as he made his way to the counter. “Uh, if you guys need help, just shout out to me.”

“Like we would ask for your help!” Choi Bomin said, glaring at him. Jimin recognized him as one of the boys in student council who hung out with Sanha and Jaehyun. “You chased out my best friend.”

“I wasn’t the one that chased Jaehyun out,” Jimin said, biting his lip nervously.

“He was the one that saved his life,” a new voice said as Sanha came running into the store. “Sorry, I got distracted by the shoe store.”

“You always get distracted by shoes, Sanha,” the boy’s boyfriend, Park Minhyuk, said with a laugh. He looked Jimin up and down before glancing at Sanha again. “What do you mean he saved Jaehyun’s life? Why would he? Doesn’t he hate Kim Taehyung’s guts? Why would he help the man’s little brother?”

“I need to get to work,” Jimin said with a deep sigh, not really wanting to discuss anything Taehyung related at the moment. He glanced at the other two freshmen in the group, Hong Joochan and Kim Jibeom. They were usually the loudest in the crew, but they seemed to not be saying a work. Joochan especially looked at a loss for words.

“Um,” Joochan spoke up, looking around nervously. “Can I talk to you, sunbae?”

“Uh, I need to get to work,” Jimin said, glancing around the store. No one else seemed to be coming in at the moment. He looked back at Joochan who looked a little disappointed. Jimin bit his lip and glanced at Sana. “Hey, Sana, I need to step aside for a moment. Are you able to hold down the fort?”

“Go ahead,” she said, giving him googly eyes. Jimin wanted to puke. The older boy sighed and turned to Joochan, gesturing for the young boy to follow him. Once they were away from everyone else, Jimin him with a frown.

“What’s going on?” Jimin asked him.

“I know the guy who was threatening you guys,” Joochan said, biting his lip. “And I know where he went.”

“What?” Jimin asked with wide eyes.

“His name is Hong Chansoo. He’s my older brother,” Joochan said, glancing around in alarm. “He… He and his friends are staying near the North side of Seoul in a rundown apartment in the shady side of the area.”

“Why haven’t you told anyone?!” Jimin asked with wide eyes, taking his phone out. He had gotten Youngjae’s number from Jongup the other day and he was about to call the older man to pass on the news. “Why didn’t you tell your friends? Or Jaehyun? Or Youngjae?”

“Because I was scared,” Joochan said with tears in his eyes. “My brother threatened he would kill me if he found out I told anyone. Especially cause he knows Jaehyun is one of my best friends.”

“He won’t know you told anyone,” Jimin assured him. “But I need to tell Jaehyun’s father. And Jungkook’s father.”

“I know,” Joochan said, nodding his head and glancing nervously at his friends.

“Go ahead and go back to them,” Jimin said with a small smile.

“You’re not as mean as everyone says you are,” Joochan said, bowing politely. “I was scared to talk to you.”

“I know,” Jimin said, sighing deeply. “Everyone always is. I’m sorry for the things I said to you.”

“Thank you,” the boy said, running off to his friends. Jimin stared at his phone, debating on what to do. He had to report this to Youngjae as soon as possible. But he was nervous to even talk to him. Because he’s Taehyung’s father. With another deep sigh, Jimin dialed Youngjae’s number, placing the phone to his ears. After a couple rings, the man picked up.

“Hello?” he asked in confusion.

“Yoo Youngjae?” Jimin asked. “Hi, I know you’re the private investigator in the case of finding the boys who threatened your son. I know where they are.”

“Who is this?” Youngjae asked in confusion.

“Park Jimin,” Jimin told him. He glanced at the freshmen before walking away to find a more private place in the otherwise crowded mall.

“How do you know I’m a private investigator?” Youngjae asked him. “You don’t talk to my kids.”

“You probably already know from Taehyung that I like him,” Jimin said, biting his lip nervously. “So I know alot about him. And his family. I know you work undercover at the police station. And I know you took on this case after the meeting with the principal. My older brother actually was the original officer working on the case. But you don’t have to look far for these kids anymore. I know where they’re at.”

“How, Jimin?” Youngjae asked, sounding suspicious.

“A unanimous source,” Jimin said, knowing he was treading on the the wrong territory at this point. He knew he shouldn’t be admitting this to an officer. “Youngjae, please, this boy threatened your son! With a knife!”

“Fine, where is he?” Youngjae asked with a deep sigh. Jimin glanced around before relaying Joochan’s information to him. All he wanted was for Taehyung and his family to be safe.

 

 

“I need you to look up something for me,” Youngjae said, walking into his office as he walked straight to his computer. He wasn’t supposed to go into work today, but after everything Jimin told him he knew he had to. He needed to get to the bottom of everything and find the man who tried to hurt his son. But he also needed to know how Park Jimin found out about his job. Even Taehyung’s and Jaehyun’s closest friends knew nothing about his job. The only people who knew were his kids, Himchan, Junhong and Jongup. The officers weren’t even aloud to give out the names of the private investigators. Because of the work they did, they had to keep a low profile. Keep an alias. So even Jimin’s brother wasn’t supposed to give out his name.

“What is it?” his coworker, Kim Myungsoo, asked, looking up from his computer. “Why are you even here?”

“I got a lead on where Hong Chansoo is hiding,” Youngjae said, sitting down at his desk and opening his computer.

“The drug dealer?” the man asked with a frown, causing Youngjae to nod his head. After Youngjae found out who the kid was that threatened his son, he found out that the kid was also an infamous drug dealer he’s been trying to find for a very long time. Which is why he took over the case in the first place. This kid was part of a gang that’s been causing havoc all over the city. They dealt alot with drug dealings and even some human trafficking. He didn’t realize that a few kids at the age of 17 and 18 were even part of this gang.  But Youngjae has definitely dealt with weirder.

“Yes, the drug dealer,” Youngjae replied. “But that’s not what I need you to look into. I need you to look into a boy named Park Jimin.”

“Hyung, why?” Junhong asked as he walked into the office, frowning at his friend. “Jimin seems like a good kid.”

“You’ve heard everything our kids said about him,” Youngjae said, glancing at Myungsoo. “Please, Officer Kim.”

“Officer Yoo, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter