Ch 12

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung invited Junghoon to a cafe where they met for the first time. It was not the same cafe but it gave out similar vibes to the one in Singapore. Junghoon sat across Chaeyoung, exactly in the same position as before. The waiter gave them the menu for them to choose before walking to the next table to serve other customers. Chaeyoung excitedly picked up the menu and flipped it open. Junghoon pulled down her menu and asked, “Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Why did you suddenly ask me out?”

Chaeyoung shrugged, “Why? I cannot ask you out now?”


“Not exactly, I am agreeable to all outings except drinking sessions. You are basically banned from drinking.” Junghoon rested his chin on his palm, eyes fixated on Chaeyoung. “Was I that bad?” Chaeyoung chuckled. “I have not drank for a long time so I might be uncontrollable.”

 

“Well,” Junghoon folded his arms. “Apart from calling the wrong name, it’s all good.”

 

“What do you mean called the wrong name?” Chaeyoung signalled the waiter to come over to take their orders.

 

“Like, Junghoon.” Junghoon leaned towards the table. “My name is Jeon Junghoon.”

 

“And so?” Chaeyoung passed the order list to the waiter. “What can I call you apart from Junghoon?”

 

“You called me Kim Junghoon.”

 

“Ah-really?” Chaeyoung laughed nervously. “I was drunk. I had no idea.”

 

“Right? I thought so too.” Junghoon laughed, “I thought you really mistook me for somebody else.”

 

“Who else can I mistook you with?”

 

“I don’t know. Your boyfriend? Ha ha. You are so attractive, I won’t be surprised if you have one just that I have never seen him yet.” Junghoon faked a laugh. Deep down he was reminded of how Chaeyoung told him that she has a boyfriend. “I don’t have any, actually.” Chaeyoung said, pouring more water for herself. “Nobody likes me, I guess.”

 

“Ayyy, you’re lying.”

 

“Yea, I am.” Chaeyoung did not even deny it. “In fact, I had just rejected someone recently.”

 

“Really?” Junghoon pretended to be shocked. “Why did you reject him?”

 

“Isn’t rejection common?” Chaeyoung leaned back on her chair. “If we don’t like a person or have someone in our heart, the next step is rejection.”

 

“But who do you have in your heart?” Junghoon was expecting an answer but was interrupted by the waiter who came with their food orders.

 

The two started eating without continuing their previous conversation. Chaeyoung took the opportunity to switch the topic. After about two hours of non-stop talking and desserts, Chaeyoung and Junghoon decided to take a stroll along the beach.

 

“Doesn’t this feel like when we first met in Singapore? Too bad, we don’t have the same food here. I am dying to have some local Singaporean food but wells.” Chaeyoung had her hands behind her back all the time as she talked to Junghoon. She had no idea how to bring up the topic of her leaving soon. By right it should have been easy for her to bring it up but something seems to be pulling her back.

 

“It’s alright. The food is different but the sky's the same, isn’t it? All skies are the same everywhere.” Junghoon pulled her to the ground. “I’ll prove it to you. First, we lie down.” Junghoon laid his head down on the sands. Chaeyoung was skeptical, “it’s dirty, though.” Junghoon begged her to sit down and do the same. “Fine, if I am getting bitten by anything tonight, you are responsible.” Chaeyoung laid right next to him. “Now, look properly.” Junghoon pointed to the sky. “Isn’t this the same sky you see every night through your window in Singapore?”

 

“How can you tell it’s the same?” Chaeyoung chuckled at his naivety. “With your heart.” Junghoon confidently answered. “I marked the sky there when I was there and saw the same mark here.” Chaeyoung shook her head in disbelief, “You’re so naive sometimes it’s actually funny.” Chaeyoung and him continued looking at the sky, just breathing the fresh air after a heavy dinner. “Junghoon-ah, will you be my boyfriend?” Chaeyoung suddenly asked while looking at him straight in the eyes. Junghoon did not know how to react. “What do you mean boyfriend? You mean friend that is a boy? I am already one.” Junghoon let out a nervous laugh.

 

“We are both adults. You know what I mean. You like me too, don’t you?” Chaeyoung was adamant. “I don’t know what you are talking about.” Junghoon lied, turning his head around to continue watching the sky. Chaeyoung tapped on his shoulders, making him turn to her again. This time, Chaeyoung planted a kiss on his lips. Junghoon sat still, eyes widely opened. Chaeyoung pulled herself away from Junghoon. “Wow, your lips reminded me of somebody else.” Chaeyoung giggled. “Like whose?” Junghoon asked, expecting him to mention Jungkook but she did not say anything.

 

“Just someone.” She said, wiping her lips. “Sorry, I guess you hated the idea of dating me. I won’t ask again, don’t worry.” Chaeyoung was about to stand up when Junghoon pulled her down again. He pulled her head closer to his and kissed her deeply. Chaeyoung thought of pushing him away but deep down, she actually liked it and kissed him back. They both pulled away from each other after a while. “So, today is our first day?” Junghoon asked, blushing. Chaeyoung giggled at the corny question, “You bet.”

 

That night, Junghoon sent Chaeyoung home. He was reluctant to see her leave but it had already passed midnight. Chaeyoung waved her hands at him as she walked herself to the door. “Wait,” Junghoon stopped her. He ran up the mini staircase in front of her door. “You forgot this.” He said. Chaeyoung was puzzled, “forgot what?” Junghoon sneakily planted a kiss on her lips. “This.” he giggled. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, “bye”. Chaeyoung hurriedly went into the house without looking back. She shut her door and exhaled loudly. Her cheeks were blushing red and her heart was racing. She peeked through the door’s hole to watch Junghoon leave. She saw how Junghoon skipped down the staircase after that sneaky act and laughed. “Was he always that cute?” Chaeyoung thought.

 

Junghoon could not stop smiling to himself as he waited for Hyosin by the road to pick him up. When the car arrived, he immediately removed his disguise. In the car, he kept giggling as he recalled how Chaeyoung confessed to him. “What are you so happy for?” Hyosin asked, hands on the steering wheel. “You totally look like a boy in love.” Jungkook, who was sitting in the passenger seat, moved his head forward to the driver’s seat. “Is it obvious?” He asked. “Are you really in love?” Hyosin stepped on the brake a little too hard. Jungkook was not amused. “Easy! It’s just falling in love, what is wrong?” Hyosin drove themselves to a safer side for a short conversation.

 

“It is that girl, isn’t it?” Hyosin asked, with a super serious face. Junghoon nodded, “She said she likes me. I like her too. So, why not?” Hyosin was speechless, “So was she in love with Junghoon or Jungkook?” Jungkook was silent. “It’s Junghoon, isn’t it?” Hyosin let out a heavy sigh. “Junghoon and Jungkook are not two different people. Have you ever thought how she would feel when she finds out you guys are the same person? She will go bonkers.”

 

“Nobody would know if nobody spills the bean.”

 

“Really?” Hyosin scoffed. “Who do you think you are? A normal person? Even in that disguise you had earlier on, I can tell that you’re Jungkook. I’m not sure how you pulled it off perfectly in front of her. Trust me, she will be the cause of your downfall.” Hyosin hit the steering wheel out of frustration.

 

“Hyung, let me be.”

 

“If I let you be, don’t you think that CEO of yours will let you be?”

 

“Even if it’s for a few more days, I still want to be with her as her boyfriend.”

 

Hyosin sighed knowing that nothing he said would be able to change Jungkook’s mind. Jungkook was determined, that’s a positive yet a negative trait of his that Hyosin wished he could cut it off a little. He stepped on the pedal, and drove Jungkook back to his apartment.

Chaeyoung sat on her bed, rubbing her head with a towel. She thought a lot about what had happened earlier on. She cannot help but let out a chuckle whenever she recalled how Junghoon reacted upon her conf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter