Ch 18

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stupid door!” Screamed Yerin in Korean. The closing door almost hit her forehead. Everyone in the washroom turned to look. “What are you looking at?” She glared at all of them. “MOVE!” Yerin pushed a woman away to wash her hands.

“Excuse me?” Said Chaeyoung in Korean. “You seem to be a Korean. Can’t you be courteous to others?” 

“Ah, you’re a Korean. That’s good.” Yerin rubbed her palms with soap. “I don’t care if you are a Korean, Mexican or Spanish. A good dog does not block the road.” Yerin washed her hands and grabbed a tissue. 

“A dog?! Excuse me?” Chaeyoung was offended. Yerin smirked, “You are excused.” Yerin bumped her shoulder against Chaeyoung’s shoulder. Chaeyoung was getting furious but Yerin was far gone. She wiped her hand with some tissues and went out of the washroom. 

Chaeyoung walked back to the dining room with a frown on her face. All the food had been served and the mess had been cleaned up. Jooyoung watched Chaeyoung as she pulled her chair out to sit. “Are you alright?” He asked. Chaeyoung told him about what happened while stuffing all the food into . 

Jooyoung kept adding dishes to her plate while actively listening to her story. “So, she called you a dog?” Jooyoung laughed. Chaeyoung glared at him, “What’s so funny?” Jooyoung stifled a laughter, “Well, I suppose if you were a dog, you’d be one of a kind. I’d definitely have a hard time to keep you.” Chaeyoung threw a spoon at him, “You deserve that.”

“Have this.” Jungkook scooped some dishes for Namjoon. “I’ve tried this before. It’s delicious.” Namjoon took a bite and nodded in agreement, “when did you try this? Didn’t we come here together and had the same dishes?” Jungkook thought of Chaeyoung. She was the one who introduced a lot of delicacies while he was here. “I stayed here slightly longer than everyone the last time round, remember?” 

Just then, Yerin stormed in. She sat next to Jungkook who ignored her presence. “What a ridiculous woman. Just because I am a Korean and she is too, I am supposed to be courteous?” She scoffed. “Ridiculous. Who does she think she is?”

Everyone continued eating and pretended they did not hear what was Yerin babbling about. Yerin stood up and hit the table, “Hello?! Does anyone not care about me?” Hyosin pulled her back to her seat, “Just eat.”  Yerin pushed away his hand, “Whatever!”

At last, everyone had polished off all the food on the table. Feeling the weight on their stomach, everyone waited for a while to digest their food. Yerin walked out of the private room first to pay the bill. At the counter, Jooyoung was about to pay for the lunch when Yerin pushed him away to pay first. 

“Ladies first.” Yerin smirked and waved her card at the staff’s face. “Room 3 please.” 

A perplexed Jooyoung walked up to her, “Excuse me? Do you know the meaning of ‘first come, first served?’” Yerin shrugged, “No, only losers think that way.” The staff passed her card back to Yerin. “Here, you can go and make your payment now.” Yerin flipped her hair and walked away. 

Chaeyoung saw what had happened and went to Jooyoung. “You had a row with her too?” She asked. Jooyoung gaped, “I can’t believe such a person exists. What do you mean ‘too’? You mean that was the woman who called you a dog?” Chaeyoung nodded, “shall we teach her lesson?” 

Yerin walked back to the room and took her bag. “I am done with the payment. We can leave now.” Said Yerin. She walked to the door to leave first. The minute she stepped out, she slipped and fell on her because of spilled water. “MY !” She screamed, causing everyone to rush out to see what had happened. All the members burst out laughing when they saw her on the floor. 

Yerin furiously looked around. She clearly remembered there was no water outside of her room and it was impossible for anyone to walk past the room with water since their room is at the corner. At the corner of her eyes, she spotted people peeking from the side. “IT’S YOU TWO AGAIN.” She shouted. 

Chaeyoung and Jooyoung  took off at the speed of light before anything else happened. “Come back here!” Shouted Yerin as she pointed to the corner. Everyone turned to the side to see but failed to see who it was. Jungkook ran to chase but only caught a glimpse of their back. 

Namjoon and Hyosin helped Yerin to walk while others were ahead of them. “Did you catch the person?” Jimin asked. Jungkook shrugged, “There were two of them but I failed to see who.” Jimin nodded, “It’s alright. I guess they were Heaven-sent to play tricks on this woman.” Everyone laughed in unison. “I HEARD THAT!” Yerin screamed from afar. 

Chaeyoung and Jooyoung ran back to the venue. They finally stopped running when they reached the entrance. “Th..That was fun.” Jooyoung and Chaeyoung high-fived each other while gasping for air. “May we not meet each other. EVER AGAIN.” Said Jooyoung. After calming themselves down, Chaeyoung and Jooyoung went around the venue again to help out. 

The members made their way to the venue. Even though it was a short twelve minutes walk from the hotel, they had to travel by car to avoid being followed by the fans. Upon reaching the venue, the members took a break in the waiting room while waiting for the stage to be set proper before rehearsals. 

“Don’t you think something feels different than before here?” Jimin laid down on the sofa and scanned his surroundings. Yoongi jumped and fell on Jimin’s legs, causing the latter to scream in pain. “What feels different?” He asked. Jimin pushed Yoongi off his legs and sat down properly, “Ah, the smell of this room. I remember it smelling like the toilet but I guess they changed it. Not bad.”

“They even stocked up on the amount of water before we even asked.” Namjoon opened the carton of water with his bare hands. “Hoseok-ah, catch!” Hoseok caught the bottle thrown by Namjoon, “I feel like this arrangement is much better. Did they change the organizers or something?” 

“You’re right. They did change.” Jimin looked at the poster of the concert pasted on the wall. “No wonder.” Just then, a staff member came in with a box of chocolate doughnuts. She passed it to Namjoon and told him that the non-chocolate flavour belonged to Jungkook before leaving. 

“How did they know you don’t take chocolate?” Namjoon looked at Jungkook suspiciously. Jungkook shrugged, “I came here with you guys at the same timing. I don’t know either.” Jimin took one doughnut and stared at it, “Could the staff member that arranged this be your fan? They seem to know everything.”

“You know that’s impossible. Only we know about this.” Jin took a bite of the doughnut. “Suspicious, but oh wells.” 

Chaeyoung and Jooyoung were at the last stop of making their rounds when Jooyoung’s phone rang. He answered the call from his dad and hung up after. Jooyoung tapped Chaeyoung’s arms, “We need to go back to the waiting room.”

“Why?”

“The guests are here, that’s why. My dad could not make it to greet them so as his son, I have to.”

Chaeyoung froze. She had forgotten that they were coming over for rehearsals at night. However, she was not ready yet to meet them. “Can’t you go yourself? I don’t feel like going.” She begged. Jooyoung shook his head, “My dad wants the BOTH of us to go over together. I cannot refuse that.” 

“You can just lie that I went with you.” She pleads with her eyes. Jooyoung held Chaeyoung’s hands and dragged her to the waiting room. Few steps before reaching the room, Chaeyoung begged to go to the washroom first to wash her face. Jooyoung relented after much persuasion. Chaeyoung went to the washroom and walked back and forth. “What am I going to do?” Chaeyoung questioned herself several times. 

A staff member came out of the washroom with  a mask on and washed her hands. Chaeyoung watched her take off the mask and changed into a new one. Chaeyoung ingeniously thought of an idea to get through tonight. “Hi, can I borrow one from you?” She asked the staff. 

Chaeyoung went out of the washroom with a mask on and went to Jooyoung. Jooyoung watched her as she tried to wear her mask properly. “What are you doing?” He asked, folding his arms. “Long story. Let’s just go in and greet your guests.” Jooyoung shrugged and went to knock on their door before entering. 

Chaeyoung followed Jooyoung like a cat. Both of them finally entered the waiting room where only the boys were inside resting. Everyone stood up to greet Jooyoung and Chaeyoung when Jooyoung introduced himself. “I am Kim Jooyoung, the son of the CEO. I am representing my father who could not be here himself to welcome all of you. Please accept our apologies.” Jooyoung passed a basket of tonics that a staff had passed to him while Chaeyoung was in the washroom. 

Namjoon accepted the basket on behalf of the group and thanked Jooyoung. “It’s alright. We would like to thank you too for setting up this place nicely. We feel really comfortable here,”said Namjoon. He pointed to Chaeyoung and asked, “and this is?”

Chaeyoung’s eyes wandered. Jooyoung pulled Chaeyoung forward, “Oh this is Chae…” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter