Ch 10

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I really hope you enjoyed this story so far. It gets a little difficult to write as the story progresses. Please do leave some comments and I hope you guys are doing well amidst the ongoing pandemic. Please stay safe everybody!
 

Chaeyoung chewed the doughnut in and swallowed hard. Her eyes had never left Jungkook’s. The audacity of him to force her eat something she does not like. Not in this way, at least. Jungkook’s smirk was not helping either. Out of anger, she grabbed the half filled bottle of water on the table and splashed it on his face. 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” shouted Jungkook, as he desperately wiped the water off his face and clothes. 

Chaeyoung dropped the bottle on the ground and raised her hands to cover . “Oops, sorry.” She grabbed a packet of tissues out of her pocket and used it to wipe the water off. “I thought the lid was closed.”

Jungkook paused for a moment and looked at Chaeyoung. “You blind?” 

“Who asked you to threaten me with the things I trusted you with. I was mad.” Chaeyoung apologised again. “But,” she laughed. “You really look super funny right now.”

“Go ahead, gloat over my misfortune.” He rolled his eyes, and continued to clean after himself. His clothes were awfully wet and there were no extra clothes to change to. “Now, what?” 

Chaeyoung felt guilty. “Hmmm,” she looked around the room for ideas. “RIGHT!” She screamed, pulling Jungkook to the makeup table. “Don’t move.” 

Chaeyoung plugged in the hairdryer and set it to maximum heat. She began to blow dry his clothes directly with the equipment. “H-hot!” Jungkook flinched at the direct heat. He stood up, hands ready moved in the direction of his buttons. He slowly ed his shirt, one by one, only to be stopped by Chaeyoung. “W-what are you doing?” Chaeyoung turned away immediately from looking at him. Her cheeks were getting red. 

“Opening my clothes so that you can dry it without me suffering from the heat? Duh?” He continued to . “Jeon Jungkook, if you’re going to open it right in front of me, you’re going to blow dry it yourself! At this juncture, I would rather be fired” Chaeyoung said at a speed of light. 

Jungkook saw everything Chaeyoung did through the mirror. He started to laugh hysterically at Chaeyoung’s reaction. “You really think I’m going to show it all to you?” He scooted closer to her, “I would, if you agree to be my girlfriend.” 

“Girlfriend?” Chaeyoung laughed even harder in awkwardness. “I will go for anyone but you.” 

“Who is anyone?” Jungkook turned to face her and sat on the table, with arms crossed. “Hyung?”

“Why should I tell you?” She put the hairdryer down and sat on the chair in front of Jungkook. 

“Because I am sincere in making you mine.” He said it with the last bit of confidence he had. “So, tell me, who is my rival?”

Chaeyoung blinked a couple of times at his answer. “You will never be able to beat him at all. Never.” She stood up, and shoved the hair dryer to him before leaving the room. 

Chaeyoung walked to the furthest toilet there was. She went into an empty cubicle and closed the lid of the toilet bowl and sat. Tears started to stream down her eyes. All of a sudden, she misses the late Junghoon. 

Not long after, the event continued again. Jungkook looked all over for Chaeyoung but to no avail. She was supposed to be standing beside him and assist him like before but she was nowhere to be found. Just then, he could feel the presence of a person standing behind him. Out of excitement, he turned around thinking Chaeyoung came back. “Chae,” he stopped. His face fell upon seeing another person’s face instead. “Where’s Chaeyoung?” He asked, before the next fan arrived. 

“She said she was not feeling well so I let her leave.” said Casey. 

“She was?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “How did I not notice that?” A part of him was feeling guilty for what had happened. It felt as if he was the reason why she left. 

Chaeyoung stood in front of the train door with her earpiece on. As she waited for the train to arrive, she stared at her reflection. All she noticed was a haggard looking person looking at her back. “How did I turn this way?” She thought to herself. 

She just felt horrible. The thought of letting her tears fall in a public space was not what she had in mind. Chaeyoung turned her head to the side and wiped her tears away. Soon enough, the train came. How timely. The train was not full, in fact, it had a lot of seats around. She chose to stand near the train doors.

Chaeyoung had her arms crossed, body leaned slightly to the glass door. She could stare at the scenery for ages, and not get bored. All she wanted was just a breather. That was what she, at least, thought. 

She was not mad at Jungkook, just mad at herself. All these while she was not able to accept another person in her life, let alone Jungkook. Furthermore, no matter how many times she questioned herself, she only felt irritation at the thought of Jungkook. How could that be love? 

Just then, she received a text from Junghoon. 

Busy? - Junghoon

“Why is he texting me all of a sudden?” She thought. They have not seen each other for a long while. This text came as a surprise to her. Chaeyoung decided not to reply just yet. She just wanted some peace for herself. At least for a while more. 

Jungkook stared at his phone for a while. “Why isn’t she replying to me? Is she okay or is she still mad?” He mumbled to himself. He was getting anxious by the second. He wondered if he should apologise as Jungkook or just let it be. “Maybe she just needs some time alone.” He sighed. 

That night, Chaeyoung lied on her bed. Her mind went blank as she stared up the ceiling. She tossed, and turned but she barely slept. Gradually, she turned her body around. Her face was buried in her pillow. She had no idea what this feeling was but she hated it so much. It was so hard for her to fall asleep. Before she knew it, it was time to wake up for work. 

She breathed heavily when she heard the sound of her alarm clock. “Did I even sleep?” she pushed her blanket away from her, and stood up to get ready. It has become routine-like. After the usual morning getting ready situation, she headed to the nearest train station to work. 

It was the rush hour. Chaeyoung ran to the nearest seat just to avoid standing up for twenty two stops. Her head was heavy, likely because of the lack of sleep. She refused to fall asleep in the train regardless, in case she overslept. Chaeyoung took out her phone and decided to play games to keep herself awake. 

After about nine stops, many people alighted the train since it was the central business district. As a result, the train was no longer full of people. Chaeyoung paid more attention to her games, oblivious to her surroundings. Just then, a man sat right next to her. It was normal, till she felt someone was pushing her legs away. Startled, Chaeyoung peeked through the side of her eyes to see what was going on. The guy who was sitting next to her has been trying to open his legs widely. It was not much of a deal to Chaeyoung, at first, not until she realised the man was extremely skinny. He was wearing a mask too, so she could not take a closer look at this face.

He does not look like he needed that much of a space from the start. Chaeyoung was starting to feel paranoid. She kept moving to her right to avoid any chance of the knees brushing against each other. Suddenly, the man turned his legs to the side, giving Chaeyoung more space as the passenger next to him left. Chaeyoung heaved a sigh of relief, thinking it was just coincidence. 

The next stop, a passenger came in and sat right to the man, making him sit like he did from the start. Chaeyoung was getting super uncomfortable. Her legs are tightly closed, hands clutching her bag. It only made the man gets even closer to her and suddenly, she felt a touch on her stomach. Chaeyoung was perspiring so much by then. She wondered, what if she were to stand and scream, would people help her? What if it was all a misunderstanding caused by her lack of sleep? Chaeyoung decided to stand up and walk to the other cabin, in fear of what would happen next. 

She felt like crying but did not want to attract any attention. “Maybe I am just being paranoid. Calm down” she thought to herself. She inhaled and exhaled repetitively to calm herself down. She even stood at the train door, unwilling to sit down. Just when she thought it was over, the man walked over to her cabin and stood at the train door opposite her. 

Chaeyoung could feel a lump in . “Why is he here?” She thought. She turned around to face the train door but could still see his reflection through the glass doors. All of a sudden, he started walking over to Chaeyoung. 

Chaeyoung shut her eyes tightly, unwilling to think about what was going to happen next. She just wishes someone would come and save her. The man was about to get closer when someone called her name. 

“Chaeyoung!” 

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and turned to the voice. Junghoon came over and hugged her from the front. “I’m sorry, I could not find which cabin you were in earlier.” He purposely said it out loud, causing the man to move away and exit at the next stop. 

Chaeyoung hugged Junghoon tightly upon seeing him. Her tears were uncontrollable. It rolled down her cheeks and eventual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter