Ch 13

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Tuesday morning, it was the day to see all the efforts not being put to a naught. Chaeyoung and the rest of the finance team gathered at the function hall again to make sure everything was organised and flawless. From the appearance to the food catered, everything was taken care of fully. 

All the members gathered at the company to celebrate the success of the recent events. Events such as BTS successful fan signing events, pop-up stores etc. What Chaeyoung had in mind was totally different since they said it was a mini event. She had expected it to be like a small gathering with staff and the CEO would be right in front giving some speech, announcing things like profits they made in the last quarter etc. and end it off with QnA. Never did she dream that BTS would be around to what they call ‘a small event’. 

She was partially right about the whole speech thing but the amount of people who showed up was not little at all. The chairs prepared were not even enough to cater to everyone. However, Heesu managed to secure a seat for Chaeyoung who joined in a little later than the rest. The finance team sat right at the back to avoid attention. Shortly after Kai gave his opening speech, he invited the group on stage for a mini award ceremony. All the members were wearing formal clothes unlike Chaeyoung who wore something casual. A man sitting a couple of tables away from Chaeyoung caught her eyes. Chaeyoung was surprised to see Casey sitting on the other table but she was thrilled to be able to see him again. She tried to wave her hands to catch his attention but his eyes were fixated on the stage. 

Just then, Kai called up the staff that helped during the event. When Casey was called, nervousness was visible on Chaeyoung’s face. Thousands of thoughts started running in her mind. “Would this idiot suddenly call my name and get me up on stage too?” Chaeyoung wondered. She stared at Kai, hoping he’d get the idea that she just wants to stay lowkey.  

“Next,” Kai cleared his throat. “We have Park Chaeyoung who also contributed to the event. Not only did she help out physically, she also made this event possible by suggesting her ideas during the planning stage! We would like to name her the best employee of the month!” Kai announced. Chaeyoung’s eyes widened at the sudden announcement. Thunderous claps can be heard across the room. Heesu pushed Chaeyoung from the back to get her to stand up and receive the award. Chaeyoung was still in a daze. She scurried to the stage without much thought. 

The minute she climbed up the mini stairs, Jimin came over to her to the middle of the stage. Chaeyoung shook their hands one by one to thank them for the award, not realising the one who ultimately hands out the award was Jungkook. Chaeyoung naturally stepped back when she met Jungkook face to face. Jungkook let out a wide smile and held out his hands for a handshake. Chaeyoung hesitated but forced a smile out of herself. Jungkook pulled her hand in for a handshake and passed her the certificate and gift. Kai passed the microphone over to Chaeyoung to say a few words. Chaeyoung was stunned, why would an intern be able to say something at an award ceremony? Is it obvious that the CEO is favouring an intern because which CEO would come out and give out such an award? 

Chaeyoung took the microphone and gathered her thoughts. Jungkook took a step back and let her have her moment. He hid his hands behind his back to avoid people noticing how badly he was fidgeting. It was his first time seeing her after she confessed to Junghoon. If only she knew who Junghoon really was, would she have acted the way she did earlier on? Nevertheless, Jungkook could not hide his happiness but it was naturally seen as being happy for Chaeyoung because of her achievement. 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath before beginning her speech, “Firstly, I would like to thank the company for giving me such a huge opportunity. To an intern, it’s really something to be able to get a big exposure like this especially to be working with big stars. Too big of a surprise.” Everyone was focused on Chaeyoung. Even the stars. Chaeyoung laughed, “I am very overwhelmed right now but I would like to say a big thank you to everybody. Thank you for making my internship a better one. This week is my final week here, I hope to see you guys again someday.” Chaeyoung bowed to end her speech, gaining a huge round of applause from the audience.

The finance team ran up to Chaeyoung and congratulated her again when she exited the stage. The rest of the members also went back to their seats for the closing of the ceremony. While all the members were happily discussing the ceremony, only Jungkook seemed to be really confused. “How could it be her last week already? Does that mean she will be going back to Singapore already?” The same questions kept repeating in Jungkook's mind. His heart sank upon hearing those words. “Was that what she wanted to tell me tomorrow?” he wondered. This was the news that made him feel uncomfortable being kept in suspense for the past two days. 

The event finally ended and the members can finally walk around the company freely. They left without staying around for the mini buffet that was prepared for everyone. BTS decided to visit Chaeyoung who had also left without eating. Jungkook followed the members without asking much. In the office, everyone was busy preparing for a mini surprise party for Chaeyoung. It was also an early farewell party since it was nearing the end of the month again. The week where the staff dread the most. 

“Did the food arrive already?” Namjoon asked Jennie who was busy pasting decorations. “Yes, it’s in the pantry! We will bring it to the meeting room after this!” Jungkook was confused again, “what’s going on?”

“It’s Chaeyoung’s farewell party! We had planned this before!” Yoongi answered, picking up some balloons to help with the decorations. “You mean, all of you already know it’s her last week this week?” Jungkook asked, a bit too loud. “Jimin-ah, did you not tell him?” Namjoon pumped some air into the balloon. Jimin lightly smacked his forehead, “I’m sorry. I haven’t seen you in a while. I had totally forgotten all about it!” 

Jungkook turned to Taehyung who whistled his way in with food. “Even you knew?!” Jungkook exclaimed. “Chaeyoung told us personally. Did she not tell you?” Taehyung arranged the food on the table. “Why am I the only one in the dark? It feels like this surprise party is for me instead.” Jungkook mumbled to himself. “Surprise!” Jimin popped the balloon next to Jungkook. Jungkook pulled the chair in front of him and sat down. He could feel himself getting mad but it was more of disappointment. He could not decipher why she would do this.

Jennie went to Namjoon to get him to write what they preferred to drink because she had planned to get drinks from the coffeehouse nearby. Namjoon wrote down everyone’s preference on the piece of paper she gave. It was all  He even specifically wrote no decaffeinated hot chocolate drink for Jungkook. He even reminded Jennie one last time before she leaves to get the drinks. Everyone helped out to finish the decorations and whatnot before Chaeyoung arrived. Heesu was given the task to keep her busy while waiting for the signal to come up to the office. Namjoon directed everyone to be in their position. 

Jongin texted Chaeyoung to come to his office to retrieve her gifts for her colleagues. She asked Heesu to come and help her out to carry the gifts back to the office. Upon reaching the CEO office level, Heesu’s pace started slowing down. Chaeyoung stopped and turned, “why are you walking slowly?” Heesu ran to drag Chaeyoung back to the lift lobby, “Do you know where we are? We cannot be here without official business!” 

Chaeyoung giggled, “Kim Jongin, come out with my items.” Heesu looks at her in confusion, “Who are you calling?” Just then, Kai came out with two boxes of gifts. “Can you wait?” dragged two boxes at the same time. “M-M-Mr Kim?” Heesu stuttered, “You called him by his full name?!” Chaeyoung smirked and walked to Kai, “Are you always that scary in front of your employees? He seems to be scared of you.” Chaeyoung playfully smacked his shoulders, much to Heesu’s surprise. 

“Come here,” Kai told Heesu. “I don’t bite. We are actually childhood friends.” 

Heesu’s jaw dropped. All the random assumptions he had made about Chaeyoung turned out to be true. Chaeyoung had both her hands on her hips. She walked to Heesu who was standing still in front of the lift lobby and dragged him to help. “Don’t worry, I’ll tell you more about it later and clear your doubts. It’s nothing like what you had assumed. Just keep this to yourself and help me carry these gifts!” said Chaeyoung. 

Heesu walked over and carried one box to only put it back. “W-wait!” he said, “I need a word with Mr Kim.” Kai raised an eyebrow, “me?”  Heesu nodded, “I’m sorry to offend you but please come with me.” Heesu pulled Kai to a corner. Chaeyoung wanted to follow but was stopped by Heesu. Heesu took a deep breath and whispered to Kai. He explained what was happening and the need to stop Chaeyoung from going back to the office for a while. Kai nodded and decided to play along. Kai walked over to Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter