Ch 5

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One more time!" shouted Jaebeom. "Do you think you still can do it?"

"Just what am I lacking?" Jungkook said over the microphone.

"You are not lacking. It's just that your voice don't seem to be at its best today." Jaebeom sighed. "You are sick, aren't you?"

"Am I?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"Are you really asking me about your own body?" Jaebeom sounded serious.

"I'm not sick. I can continue." 

"Then, did you sleep last night?"

"No," Jungkook put down his headphones. Frustrated, he came out of the recording booth. "V-hyung, you go first." Jungkook grabbed his bottle, ready to leave the room. Taehyung stopped him. "No matter what you do, do not drink coffee." Taehyung insisted. Jungkook nodded his head and just left the room.

Jaebeom shook his head. "There he goes again. Pretending to be strong when he is not. When will he ever learn?"

"I am honestly getting worried too. He did not look that good at our last concert." Taehyung stood up, getting ready for a vocal warm up.

"I don't know. You guys really need more than just a few days break, don't you think?" Jaebeom sighs. "Could it be the same issue as the last? I certainly hope not."

Jungkook walked around the company to take a breather. "Sick?" He laughs in disbelief. "I need caffeine. That's it." He walked the nearest vending machine, ready to choose his favourite hazelnut flavoured hot coffee. He completely ignored Taehyung's advice earlier on. He inserted a coin and pressed his selection. While waiting, he heard someone coming by.

"There, it is where employees can hang out during free time." said Heesu.

Jungkook turned around to see Chaeyoung and Heesu walking towards him. Jungkook was confused. "Am I hallucinating?" He thought.

"Park Chaeyoung?" he asked.

Chaeyoung froze upon hearing her name. That voice sounded so familiar. She slightly turn around to see Jungkook casually standing next to a sofa, staring at her, waiting for an answer. "L-let's go somewhere else." Her voice trembled. She held Heesu's hands to turn to the other way. "What's that place?" She pretends to be interested.

"Why? We have not seen the hanging spot yet." Heesu was clueless but followed her lead.

Jungkook's eyes widened at the audacity. "Yah, Park Chaeyoung!" He runs to her and grabbed her hand to stop her from walking. "Where are you going?"

Chaeyoung turned to Jungkook. "I'm sorry, but I don't know you."

"Don't know me?" Jungkook laughs. "Don't make me laugh. Where is my jacket?" 

Heesu looked at Chaeyoung in shock. So many thoughts running around his head but he did not want to jump in to conclusions. 

"Heesu-ssi," she begged. "Let's hurry and leave."

Upon noticing her discomfort, Heesu pulled her to his back. 'Isn't this our artiste?" Heesu asked. "Nice to meet you, I'm Heesu." Heesu bowed politely. Chaeyoung's eyes widened at his question. "Our artiste? As in, they signed a contract with JK Entertainment? Since when?" she thought to herself. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I don't care who you are. I just want to know why is she acting like she doesn't know me?" 

"I'm sorry. I think there is a misunderstanding here. She is our new intern from overseas. I think we have to get back to work too." Heesu bowed again. "Have a good day." 

Jungkook tried to grab Chaeyoung once again but Heesu was faster. He held her hand firmly and dragged her away hurriedly. Jungkook was left more confused than ever. He groans in frustration. "I just want my jacket back. What is wrong with her?"

Ignoring what had just happened, he went back to the machine to grab his coffee. He took a sip of it and smiled, "coffee is my best friend."

Heesu kept pulling Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung did not resisted. She just kept following Heesu. They kept walking and walking before halting in front of a mirrored hallway. Heesu realises he was pulling her too much  and released his grip. "I'm sorry." he muttered. "Does your hand hurt?"

Chaeyoung laughed lightly. "Other than sweaty palms, not at all."

Heesu frantically apologised. "I was not aware my palms were sweaty. I was just nervous. I just thought of leaving faster."

She smiled, "it's fine. In fact, thank you for helping me."

"I'm glad. You're welcome." Heesu laughs. "But, can I ask you a question?" Chaeyoung nodded. "Do you know Jungkook personally?"

"I-" Chaeyoung scratched her head, "uh"

"Don't worry. You can trust me." He assured. 

"I really do not know him." Chaeyoung slowly walked to the lift. "I met him before but we just had a little misunderstanding. That's all."

Heesu followed her steps from behind. "I don't know what was I expecting but okay. I get the rough idea." He laughs. 

"If you say so." Chaeyoung giggled. "But, since when was BTS a part of our artistes? I thought they were in other company? Am I missing something?" 

"You did not know?" Heesu raised an eyebrow. Chaeyoung shook her head. "The so called company they were under was bought over by JK Entertainment. So, now, we have full rights over the group."

"I see." Chaeyoung pursed her lips. "I guess I really need to read up more about this company. I feel so disconnected."

Jungkook went back to the recording booth, throwing evidences of caffeine consumed by him. He sprayed lots of perfume on his body and even brushed his teeth. He took a deep breath and opened the door. 

"You're back." Jaebeom sung. "You took slightly longer than usual today." 

"I'm good, now. Let's begin." Jungkook beamed.

Taehyung scooted over. He tried sniffing Jungkook's clothes for potential caffeine smell. "You sure you did not had a sip of coffee?" he questioned Jungkook. 

"Don't worry. I know my own condition." assured Jungkook. "Let's start now before it starts to become dark."

Taehyung just nodded. "Good."

The recording went on for few hours. Jungkook's heart started beating very fast. In that recording booth, he slowly began to feel suffocated. He just wish to leave the place as quickly as possible. He peeked to see the screen Jaebeom was working on to check on the progress. Upon noticing he was finishing the final touches, Jungkook made excuses to leave the recording booth. "I will see you guys tomorrow. I gotta go." The rest of the members who came later on did not notice how pale he looked in the dark room. He grabbed his phone and left the room. 

Jungkook ran out, furiously looking for an open space just to breathe properly. The recording booth is located on the 20th floor where it is more quieter compared to other levels. Jungkook pressed the lift button repetitively, anxiously waiting for the lift to reach that level. 

“I will see you in 10 minutes at B2 carpark.” - Jongin.

Chaeyoung looked at her phone’s time. “6.10p.m.? What am I working so hard for on my first day?” 

After saving her last piece of work for the day, Chaeyoung shut down her laptop immediately. She packed her stuff, cleaned her table and pushed her chair in. One thing felt weird. She was the only one who was ready to leave. Everyone else’s eyes were still fixed on their computer. Heesu even came back to the office with a cup of coffee on his hand. 

“You’re leaving?” Heesu asked, sipping on his coffee. 

“Yea, are you guys not knocking off yet?” 

Heesu shook his head. “See you tomorrow.” he waved at her. 

Chaeyoung waved back and quietly leave the office without telling her supervisor who was aggressively typing on her laptop like a mad person. Honestly, she had enough shock for the day. What could be worse than this? 

The lift arrived after a few minutes of wait. It was empty. “Does anyone not wish to go home?” She thought. Just then, the lift stopped at level 20. The door slowly opened, revealing a lethargic Jungkook. Chaeyoung froze. She was not ready to be confined in the lift with him. However, Jungkook did not seem to realise her existence and pressed the 'close' lift button.

Chaeyoung moved backwards till the icy cold wall hit her back. Jungkook just stood there, with his hands folded and his head rested on the wall. His eyes were closed as he waited for the lift to reach B2, too.

“Is he okay?” Chaeyoung wondered. She tried to sneak a peek but was afraid to be found out. “Should I ask him?” She fidgeted.

Just then, Jungkook's phone rang. He groaned as he put his phone to his ear. "Have you reached?" he asked the caller with a seemingly weak voice. "Twenty minutes more?!" Jungkook hung up without saying anything else. Chaeyoung continued to observe him meekly. The lift is far from being near B2. The atmosphere was awkward. Jungkook's eyes were shut and he was holding his chest tightly. 

 Heavy breathings could be heard from Jungkook. Chaeyoung was getting worried. What was going on? All of a sudden, the lift stopped, much to everybody's surprise. The light was still on but the lift did not continue moving. The frustrated Jungkook pressed all buttons furiously and even banged the lift door, startling Chaey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter