Ch 16

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Curiosity kills the cat.” Taehyung took a step back and sat again. “At first I wasn’t sure, but when I see you over reacting, I am positive.”

“Did Hyosin hyung told you about this?” Jungkook’s breath was getting heavier for some reason. Taehyung shook his head, “He knows it too? Sadly, you accused the wrong person. You gave yourself away.”

“When did I?”

“At the hospital, I already felt suspicious. You’re never the type to be irrational. I mean, I know you can be unpredictable but for someone like you, only big things can get you moving.”

“Cut the chase.” 

“The day you left the hospital. In a rush, you forgot your phone. I saw it, I read it all. I couldn’t understand anything at first. I don’t understand why she would apologise to Junghoon when you’re clearly Jungkook. Then I recalled she came once looking for her friend.”

“She came to the hospital looking for me?” 

“She didn’t mention names but everything seems to point to you. She went to every hospital but unfortunately, the Jeon Junghoon she was looking for had never existed in this world.” Taehyung crossed his legs,  “I got even suspicious when you secretly begged Hyosin hyung to include Singapore in the tour. Need I say more?” 

Jungkook had his elbow rested on the table, palm on his forehead.  “What are you going to do with that information of yours? Tell everybody and ruin me?” Taehyung gave him a perplexed look, “Are you really asking me? You’re the one who started all this. I never wanted to ruin anybody.”

Jungkook’s heart felt heavy, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said. I am just lost on what I should do next.” Taehyung patted his back, “Tell me everything that has happened between the two of you.” He knew trouble was brewing when he saw the message but did not expect it to be bigger than what he thought when Jungkook explained everything clearly. 

“Hyung,” Jungkook stared straight at Taehyung’s eyes. “I love her. I know you do too but I cannot control my emotions. It’s killing me slowly.”

Jooyoung and Chaeyoung teamed up for an event run by Jooyoung’s father’s company. It was a small scale business event but Chaeyoung agreed anyway. It was the school holidays before results day and finally, graduation. She decided to do interesting things in Singapore before going back for good. 

“We will be in charge of ushering guests in.” Jooyoung said while pointing at the entrance where the guests would enter. He took two staff passes and passed one to Chaeyoung. All decked in business outfits, both of them stood opposite each other and got ready to greet the guests. Maybe it was because of the nature of the event, Chaeyoung felt at ease for not having to deal with screaming teenagers. 

Minutes later, guests started streaming in one by one to attend the business function. Chaeyoung gasped in awe when she saw how stunning female guests were despite it being a small event. Suddenly, she felt underdressed. Then again, she was only working for the company, not the guests. Jooyoung purposely threw a rolled up paper at Chaeyoung’s head. Chaeyoung turned to look at him and frowned. “Concentrate!” Jooyoung mouthed. Chaeyoung let out a cough and continued to welcome the guests with a smile on her face. 

After the event had ended, Jooyoung offered to send Chaeyoung home as usual but she refused. “I might just miss living here in the future. The morning rush, the quiet train rides at night. Everything.” Chaeyoung explained. Jooyoung bit his lower lip, “I shall take the train with you then.” Chaeyoung shook her head, “Don’t be ridiculous. Who is going to drive your car home?! Plus, our trains go the opposite direction. Just go home.” Jooyoung gave up instantly, “Alright then, text me when you reach home.”

Jooyoung and Chaeyoung waved goodbye to each other before going their separate ways. Chaeyoung walked for about ten minutes to the nearest train station. Thankfully, there were others who were going on the same way as her. The eerie walk to the station was not so bad after all. 

Chaeyoung tapped her card in and ran when she heard the announcement for the last train ride. Thankfully, she made it in. She sat at the center of the row of seats and took out her airpods. She plugged both into her ears and the music before slowly shutting her eyes for a few minutes rest. Her playlist started shuffling and played lo-fi songs. 

She opened her eyes and just stared into space. Thoughts of Junghoon flashed through her mind. She recalled the day Junghoon saved her in the train, and the day he saved her from harm. Somehow, he was there whenever she needed help. Maybe it was just pure coincidence but she was grateful. Chaeyoung alighted after the 15th stop. The event venue was totally out of the way but she was still willing to go. She ran to the bus interchange to catch the last bus but missed it by a few seconds. Had it not been for her aching feet, she would have catched it. Chaeyoung sighed, “Is this a big slap to my face that I should’ve just accepted Jooyoung’s offer?”

“It’s not too late!” Jooyoung waved a packet of hot banana fritters to her face. “You’re here!” Chaeyoung hugged Jooyoung out of happiness. Jooyoung’s heart fluttered a little but he brushed it off. “What are you doing here?” Chaeyoung let go of Jooyoung and took a piece of the banana fritters. 

Jooyoung smirked, “I knew you cannot live without me so I bought you food because I know you will end up missing the bus anyways. SO SAY THANK YOU TO YOUR MAJESTY!” Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, “thanks dude.” She turned and started walking briskly to find his car. “Hey, wait for me!” Jooyoung chased after Chaeyoung who started running, “You’ve not said thank you to YOUR MAJESTY.” 

 

It was late night but Taehyung’s eyes barely closed. He was still thinking of the talk he had with Jungkook. He blamed himself for not realising all the mini interactions that had meant more than it seemed. His frustrations began ever since reading the text message. The day Jungkook left the hospital, Hyosin ran out immediately as if he knew where to find Jungkook.

Taehyung’s suspicion grew since then and he followed Hyosin secretly to find Jungkook. True enough, Hyosin knew where exactly to find him. Something that not even the members knew, Hyosin knew everything. Taehyung saw how Jungkook, in his weak state, walked out of a house and even fainted right after. After some digging, he found out whose house that belonged to. He was left devastated. 

A part of him wanted to confront Jungkook immediately but he just could not do so. He would watch Jungkook’s actions silently and linked his behaviour to Chaeyoung. He still did not want to give up and held onto the hope that someday, Chaeyoung and him would meet again and he would confess. However, Jungkook’s confession threw him under the bus. Taehyung did not want to lose the friendship he had with Jungkook over the years neither does he not want to ruin the team’s hard work.  What else can he do?

The sun rises again, signifying the start of yet another day. Taehyung ran into Jungkook by the lobby in the company. Jungkook walked towards him, wanting to say something about yesterday. He was interrupted by Jimin who ran to press the lift buttons.  “I think we are going to get scolded big time today!” 

Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other before looking at Jimin. Jimin gestured to the both of them to hurry up and enter, “Some of our unreleased songs were stolen!” The trio hurried and rushed to the CEO’s office. 

In the office, the rest of the members were already waiting. The three of them joined the rest and form a line facing the CEO. Jongin sat on the chair with his seat facing the wall. It was dead silent that you could hear a pin drop. “J-jongin ah..” Jin tried to explain things. “We are in the office. Call me CEO Kim.” Jongin said, the seat still faced backwards. 

“Look, we have no idea how this happened. There must be someone in the company who leaked the songs!” Namjoon explained. “So, what are you going to do now?” Jongin turned his chair around and faced the members. Everyone looked at each other, unsure of what to say. Yoongi stepped forward, “We will delay the comeback.” 

Jongin stood up and slammed the table, “delay? Do you have any idea how much money and time were spent for this comeback? You’re telling me to delay? Out of 8 songs, 4 of them got stolen? Are you kidding me?” 

“Then what are you waiting for?” Jungkook monotonously asked. “Rather than reprimanding, I rather you find the perpetrator and sue the heck out of them. I bet you’ll receive more money than intended.” 

Jongin sat back on his chair and folded his arms, “I see you’ve gotten braver now. Forget it. I had already come up with a solution. We’re going to use a ghostwriter.” Everyone protested but was immediately shot down by Jongin. Jongin called someone and told her to come into the room. “Everyone, please welcome Go Yerin.” Jongin announced. 

Everyone’s eyes were fixated on the door. A lady whose beauty was on par with current female idols entered the room. Her presence sent chills to Jungkook’s spine. “Hello everyone,” she greeted with a big smile. “Hi Jungkook. Nice to see you again.” Yerin waved enthusiastically to Jungkook who seemed really surprised. 

Jongin walked over to Yerin and shook hands with her, “Let’s work well together.” Namjoon spoke up, “Why are you letting her be a ghostwriter for us? We are top stars. What do you think will happen when they find out we don’t write our own songs?” Jongin looked at Namjoon unpleasantly. “We are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter