Ch 7

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before we start, I hope you can leave me a comment at the end of this chapter. I really appreciate comments and ideas. Thank you very much. :D Also, to avoid confusion, I'm using "Junghoon" to depict Jungkook disguising as Junghoon. They are the same person. However, if I were to refer to the Junghoon from Chaeyoung's past, I used the term "late Junghoon". I hope that clarifies. So, here we gooooo~

A couple of hours has passed, Chaeyoung was still engrossed in her newly found book. Smiling and laughing at funny story lines, something she can hardly write these days. As much as writing is a form of stress reliever for her, deep inside she wants to be appreciated for her writing. She wrote a few pointers on her notebook, in case she forgets all about it. Just then, a notification popped up on her phone screen. Her text tone was loud enough, earning stares from students on the other table. She meekly apologise, head slightly bowed. Cheyoung swiftly turn on silent mode and check her phone. It was a text from an unknown number. 

“I hope you don’t forget about our date tonight. I’ll see you at the restaurant in Pavilion Hotel at 7! - Taehyung”

Chaeyoung mentally smacked her head. She had forgotten to let Junghoon know about her supposed ‘date’ tonight. “Pavilion Hotel? That’s just beside this mall….” She thought. Chaeyoung bit her lips nervously. How was she going to tell Junghoon? She clicked on the message and typed a reply to acknowledge Taehyung’s text without delay. After pressing the ‘send’ button, she put her phone down, wanting to let Junghoon know about her date. However, she found an asleep Junghoon instead.

Chaeyoung blinked a couple of times in confusion. “I thought he likes to read, too?” Chaeyoung giggled silently when she realised it was one-sided. She thought for awhile on how to wake him up. His sideburns look funny every single time she looked at it. Something about it feels off, like, it looks different to her every time. Her fingers were so close to touching it but she was afraid to wake him up instead. She was confused again. She wants him to wake up but found serenity instead. 

Chaeyoung took a look at her watch. It was only 4 in the afternoon. “There’s still 3 hours to go. If I were to continue reading for about another 2 hours, I should be able to make it on time.” She planned ahead, borrowing the books she wants to first in case she has no time later. She made a quick trip back and forth the counter, in case Junghoon wakes up. Chaeyoung continued reading and making notes with her earpiece on. As time passes by, Chaeyoung’s eyelids are getting heavier by the second. She slowly laid her head on the table, subsequently scribbling words that nobody could fathom. Soon enough, she gave in to exhaustion. 

Taehyung’s eagerness to meet Chaeyoung was evident on his face. He had waited for this day for a very long time. The amount of times he had stared at his phone ever since the night in Singapore was countless. He typed and erased words he wanted to say to Chaeyoung several times but never had he sent a message. He told her that he would text, but that was delayed for way too long. It was only when he saw her for the first time again on the lift when she reported for work that he found himself practicing how to approach her. 

“I wonder what she likes.” Taehyung picked up a stalk of rose but put it back again. “Would it be better if I give her Baby breaths instead? Or would I scare her instead?” He walked several rounds around the flower shop but nothing seems to suit his liking. He walked to the shop owner who was arranging the bouquets of flowers. “Halmeoni, do you have something that’s impressionable?”

“Child, are you giving it to your girlfriend?” The shop owner teased. Taehyung scratches his head in embarrassment, “she’s not my girlfriend yet…”

The shop owner laughed as she takes out a box from a drawer. She passes it to Taehyung who then opened the box. “Here’s a lucky bracelet.” The owner said. “I handmade it.”

Taehyung took a good look at the bracelet. He was impressed. It was made of a waxed cord but was beautifully designed. There’s even a pendant made out of wood but nothing was carved on it. “It’s beautiful.” Taehyung commented. “I love it.”

“If you get this, I’ll carve a word of your choice on the spot.” The shop owner offered. Taehyung was amazed, “really?” He was ecstatic. He quickly pen down Chaeyoung’s name on a paper. 

Junghoon woke up from his nap hours later. He peeked his surroundings, confused by the unfamiliar atmosphere. He stretched his arms while his brain processes what had truly happened beforehand. “Right, I came here with Chaeyoung,” he finally realised. He closed the book he was ‘reading’ earlier on and checked on his disguise, in case it fell off while he was napping. He heaved a sigh of relief upon noticing his disguise are still intact. More and more people started packing their bags, ready to leave. Junghoon read the time on his watch, his eyes widened when he realised he had fallen asleep for a good four hours.  “There goes my sleep tonight” he said, slightly loud. 

Chaeyoung woke up upon hearing his voice. “You’re awake?” She cracked her neck that was stiff. 

“You fell asleep too?” Junghoon laughed. 

“I slept way later than you did.” Chaeyoung smiled. “Why didn’t you tell me you don’t like books?” 

“Sorry,” Junghoon rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. “I had never came here before too. So I thought, why not?” 

“I’ll tell you a secret.” Chaeyoung moved her head closer to Junghoon. “I don’t watch movies that often either. I once slept throughout the entire movie.” She whispered. 

“But you did not sleep the other day!” 

“I honestly would but that dude was disturbing me too much. I was kept awake eventually.” Chaeyoung pouted unintentionally. “I guess it’s a blessing in disguise. I mean, I cannot imagine what would happen if I fell asleep beside him.” Chaeyoung organised her books neatly, not wanting to read anymore. 

“There’s me, though.” Junghoon said confidently. “I would have protected you nonetheless”

Chaeyoung laughed at his confidence. “Yea, sure.” She scanned her surroundings to find a lot of people making their way to the exit. “What time is it now?”

“6.50p.m.” Junghoon casually answered as he replied a text. 

“What?!” Chaeyoung sprang up from her seat. “I’m so sorry. I really have to leave now.” She hurriedly kept her books in her bags and cleaned up after her mess.

“Where are you going?” Junghoon asked as he helped to clear the table too. “We are not going to have dinner together?”

“I have a da-, I mean appointment with a friend that I had forgotten to tell you about. I’m so sorry I can’t eat with you.” 

“It’s alright.” Junghoon was disappointed, but hardly shows.  “Do you want me to send you?” 

“No,” Chaeyoung pushed her chair in. “It’s nearby. I’m sorry, I’ll leave first.” Chaeyoung waved goodbye before walking briskly, hoping she can make it next door before 7. She still has to fix her hair and makeup, not wanting to look bad in front of a superstar. 

Junghoon was curious as to who she was meeting. “Is it Kai?” He wondered. He decided to follow her silently. 

Chaeyoung walked into the bathroom, applied more lipstick and brushed her hair properly. She checked her phone, in case Taehyung texted her. After spraying perfume all over her body, Chaeyoung resumed her brisk walking to the hotel. Thankfully, it was near. It was about 5 minutes walk from where she was. She checked the hotel map to find the restaurant but could not understand a thing. Chaeyoung went over to the counter to ask for help. Junghoon hid behind the newspaper stand, unable to fathom what was she doing in a hotel. 

“Hi, I am actually looking for this restaurant but I have no idea where is this.” Chaeyoung pointed on her phone screen to the staff. The staff decided to her instead, much to her delight. Junghoon continued following her, curiosity got the better of him. Junghoon stayed at a corner whilst Chaeyoung wait for the lift to arrive with the staff. He patiently waited for the lift to arrive at the level Chaeyoung pressed and boarded the next lift. 

Chaeyoung was clueless. What kind of restaurant is located at the 20th level of a hotel? “This way, please.” The staff ushered her to a room. “Mr Kim has already arrived an hour ago. He has been waiting for you.” The staff told her. “Why didn’t he tell me?” Chaeyoung wondered. Chaeyoung followed his lead, however, she cannot help but feel nervous. “I thought we are supposed to go to a restaurant?” Chaeyoung asked the staff. “Mr Kim had originally wanted to but there are a lot of people today so to be safe..” his voice trailed off as they reach the room.

“Oh,” Chaeyoung simply said. “We arrived?” 

The staff knocked the room door. “Please come in.” a voice said over the door. 

“Please,” the staff opened the door for Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung went in, not knowing what to expect. The staff closed the door as she walked in further. The room was grand, good enough to be a small apartment. Just a few steps in, she was afraid of dirtying the place. “Hi…?” She greeted Taehyung who was on the table with a glass of wine on his hand. 

“Finally,” Taehyung stood up from his chair to bring Chaeyoung to her seat. He pulled out the chair and asked her to sit. Chaeyoung sat awkwardly. 

“I’m sorry that I’m late. I overslept.” Chaeyoung apologised. Taehyung shook his head, “no, I was too early. I hope you don’t mind this place. I wanted a quiet place. Do you want wine or water?” 

“Water, please. I can’t drink wine well.” Chaeyoung held up an empty glass for Taehyung to pour some water. “It’s fine.” Chaeyoung took a sip of water. “I know how famous you are and all. You could’ve told me. I would probably recommend other places than here. Maybe next time?”

“You mean, I can ask you out next time?” Taehyung blushed. 

“I- mean” Chaeyoung choked on her water. “Y-yea, I guess? We are considered colleagues now, aren’t we? I think it’s normal for us to meet during staff dinner and all.” Chaeyoung was relieved she managed to think of an answer spontaneously. 

“Oh,” Taehyung took off the covers, revealing delicious food served before Chaeyoung arrived. “It arrived on time before you came. Let’s dig in.” Taehyung would come up with random topics to get to know more about Chaeyoung. From why she is here and many more. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, mainly replied not more than two sentences. Not that she hated Taehyung, she just had no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter