Ch 19

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hi guys sorry for the delay, I just ran out of motivation to write these days so it took awhile :'( hope you guys enjoyed it regardless. Thank you for reading. :D

After all the chaos, the trio had finally reached the venue safely. At the lobby, Chaeyoung told Jooyoung to head up first while she had to talk with Taehyung. Both of them waited for the next lift to arrive instead. 

Chaeyoung had her eyes on the floor all the time. She had no idea how to start the conversation. Taehyung noticed how uncomfortable she had looked. “Do you have something to say to me?” Taehyung asked. 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath before looking at Taehyung in the eyes. “Actually, yes.” Taehyung glanced over to see which level the lift is at, “Sure. We have time.” Chaeyoung fidgeted, “I was hoping you pretend that you don’t recognise me.” 

“Why is that so?” Taehyung asked. Chaeyoung averted her gaze elsewhere, “I know this is abrupt but I have my own reasons. I met the other members yesterday and introduced myself as Chaeryeong instead of Chaeyoung.” 

“What would I get in return for keeping a secret?” Taehyung asked. Chaeyoung thought of a while, “I don’t know. A favour, I guess?” Taehyung jokes, “Is this how it’s going to be? Favours after favours? I accept that, but are you going to run away again? Our friendship has now changed into a debtor-creditor relationship.” 

Chaeyoung laughed, “This kind of relationship will end when the debt is cleared.” The empty lift opened its doors and the both of them entered. Chaeyoung prepared herself by wearing a mask to meet the members. When the lift opened, Chaeyoung brought Taehyung to the waiting room where the members were before the second rehearsal started. 

Chaeyoung stood outside the door with Taehyung behind her, nervously. She repeated taking deep breaths for a couple of times before knocking the door. She opened the door slightly to check before entering. 

“Hi, I brought your last member here.” She announced. Taehyung walked in after her and pulled his luggage in, “hi guys.” Everyone stood up in shock, “You came here alone?!” They shouted in unison. Chaeyoung stood there awkwardly as they hugged Taehyung as if they had not met for several years. Dramatic, we know.

“Why did you choose not to call me when you arrive? I would’ve fetched you.” Hyosin said while helping Taehyung to put his luggage aside. “Hyung actually got that annoying woman to fetch you instead.” Jimin whispered to Taehyung. Taehyung looked around, “I am already here. Who is she going to fetch?” 

“That’s the point.” Hyosin laughed, “Nobody.”

Chaeyoung was confused. Who was this woman they were talking about? Why would they not want her to come? “I shall take my leave. If you need anything, you can call anyone to help you.” Chaeyoung bowed and left the room. Jungkook cannot help but stare at Chaeyoung ever since she entered the room. Taehyung noticed but did not mention anything. 

Chaeyoung walked out of the room and bumped into Jooyoung. “Hey, what a coincidence.” she smacked his shoulders. Jooyoung had his arms folded, “I’ve been waiting for you since just now. Would you care to explain what is going on?” Chaeyoung deliberated his question for a while. “Do you really want to know about it?” Chaeyoung asked.

She was only acquainted with him for about half a year ago. However, their friendship was at the point whereby they could share almost everything. Jooyoung shared a lot about his pasts, his missing aunt and more. What was holding her back from telling more about herself?

Jooyoung nodded, “I do, but if that makes you uncomfortable then I don’t.” Chaeyoung came into a decision, “I can tell you. Only after everything is over. Can we focus on our current situation and continue calling me Chaeryeong?” Jooyoung thought of it for a while before agreeing. “Alright, Chaeryeong. Let’s get it.” 

Back in the waiting room, Taehyung came back after changing his clothes into something more comfortable. His black hair never looked so good despite not doing anything at all. “Have you guys eaten? It’s lunch time.” He asked. Everyone shook their head, “they have not sent anything yet.”

“Should we get coffee? I don’t see any instant coffees here at all.” Jin asked, rummaging the snacks prepared. “I should have brought some from our room.” 

Taehyung opened the door and called a staff member in. Namjoon helped to communicate with the staff, “Can you help us order iced coffees and one decaffeinated iced chocolate please?” The staff member took down their request and left the room. 

“Why do you always order me an iced chocolate? There are so many things to order.” Complained Jungkook as he continued playing games on his phone. Namjoon answered, “Either you drink that or drink plain water.” Jungkook shrugged, “you win.” 

While on her way to the washroom, someone stopped Chaeyoung. “Hey, can you help me get this for the members? I have to go and finish another job before I get scolded.” A staff member slipped a list to Chaeyoung’s palm. Before Chaeyoung could say no, the staff member had already walked away. 

“Iced coffee… Iced coffee… Iced chocolate?” She read the list aloud. “Could the iced chocolate be for Jungkook again?” Chaeyoung put the piece of paper into her pockets and went to the washroom first before heading to a nearby café. 

Yerin came back to the venue after three hours of waiting, fuming with anger. She kicked open the waiting room door and found Taehyung sitting with one leg up while reading a magazine. “YOU!” She shouted, pointing at him. “YOU MADE ME WAIT FOR YOU FOR HOURS FOR NOTHING?!”

Jungkook closed the door quickly to prevent any onlookers. “You are blaming the wrong person, don’t you think so?” Jungkook went back to his seat. “Ah, really? Then who should I blame? You?” Yerin pointed at Jungkook. “No, just yourself. The flight arrived ages ago, you were the one who came late.” Jungkook lied. 

Just then, Chaeyoung came in with a tray of iced coffees and a smoothie for the seven members exactly. ”Oh! Chaeryeong, you came!” Jimin came forward to carry a tray to ease her burden. “Great, a smoothie.” Yerin saw the cup of smoothie and attempted to take it but Chaeyoung managed to dodge. “Here’s your coffee. I’m sorry, Miss. This cup of smoothie is not for you.” Chaeyoung said as she distributed the coffees.

“The smoothie is for you, sir. They ran out of iced chocolate.” Chaeyoung lied. Chaeyoung passed the smoothie to Jungkook. Jungkook looked at her suspiciously, “You’re not the girl from before. How did you know I ordered an iced chocolate?” Chaeyoung panicked, “I.. uh.. I guessed so. Everyone took their iced coffees except you so, I guessed so.” 

“Do not assume everyone knows everything about you. It’s a coincidence.” Taehyung butted in. Chaeyoung felt slight relief when Taehyung helped her out of the sticky situation. “Alright then,” Jungkook took a sip of the smoothie. “It’s nice.” 

“Glad you find it nice. I figured that you need something to boost your day so I believe smoothie would do the trick.” Added Chaeyoung. Yerin stood in front of her, extending her arm. “What about me? Do you not order for managers too?” 

Chaeyoung scanned Yerin from head to toe, “have we met before?” Yerin flipped her hair arrogantly, “you wished. Now, go and get me an iced coffee too.” Chaeyoung gasped, “ahh… sure.” She finally recalled meeting Yerin in the restaurant but not at the fact she became their manager. “What about the other manager? Should I get anything for him?” 

“No, that old man can get it for himself. Make it snappy.” She ordered. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes when she left the room. “Iced coffee, huh? I’ll give it to you.” 

Jungkook held up his smoothie and stared at it for a long time. “She’s too suspicious.” He thought. Yerin interrupted his alone time and sat next to him, “We could’ve been on stage together.” Jungkook noticed her gaze on him but turned away. “The three of us.”

Jungkook kept a poker face, successfully masking his fear. Yerin leaned over and whispered to his ears, “I bet they never knew what it takes for a person like you to come this far. The amount of things you’ve sacrificed, including your friends.” Jungkook pushed her away slightly, “Know your boundaries. I’ve told you, it’s been a long time. What is done is done.” 

“Keep telling yourself that. I would never understand how you could stand on stage daringly without any guilt.” Yerin stood up and fixed her skirt before walking away. Jungkook’s hands curled up into a fist, he could feel the back of his shirt dripping wet from nervousness. 

A staff member entered and informed everyone that the rehearsal shall begin soon. Jungkook kept his calm and put away his drink. The other members did some light exercise before heading out to the main stage area. 

While walking, Jungkook spotted a woman talking on the phone from afar. She looked familiar to him but did not go further to see. He turned his eyes away and continued walking. “I’m already waiting here. Where are you?” Chaeyoung told the other party over the phone. “I’m here.” Someone shouted from afar. He ran to Chaeyoung with a cup of iced coffee. “Here’s your order, iced coffee with extra ingredients.” Jooyoung passed the coffee to Chaeyoung. 

“What special ingredient?!” Chaeyoung smacked his arm. “It’s just… extra coffee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter