Ch 6

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Junghoon, we are safe now." Chaeyoung tapped on his strong hand that was pulling her away from the movie theatre. Junghoon stopped walking when he realised he was already outside of the mall. He coughed as he released his hand from Chaeyoung's. "Sorry, are you okay?" he smiled awkwardly.

Chaeyoung took off Junghoon's jacket and passed it to him. "I'm fine, thank you. What were you doing there?" 

Junghoon wrapped his jacket around his arms. "A little girl told me someone paid for the ticket so-"

"You're the lucky one?" Chaeyoung guessed. Junghoon nodded. "I was the one who paid for it." She smiles. 

"Ah," Junghoon snapped his fingers. "You're that person who told that girl to give it to anyone she SEES?" He emphasised on the last word. Chaeyoung blinked her eyes a few times. "Ye...s..... That's true." Her hesitation made Junghoon burst into laughter. "Why?!" Chaeyoung poke his arm for an answer, making the latter laugh even more. Junghoon took a deep breath before answering her. "Nothing, nothing. Just thought that it would be funny if the girl decided to give it to a grandfather instead. You'll be going on a date with your new sugar daddy then." Just the thought of it makes him laugh hysterically.  

"Stop, it! I didn't give much thought to it!" Chaeyoung playfully smack his arm. "I didn't know it was a seat next to mine. I just thought it would be nice to help out a little." She forcefully made a smile. "Anyways, it was nice to have you instead."

"Next time, if you want to come out, ring me instead." Junghoon points at her phone. "It could have been dangerous for you to be watching alone."

"I do this all the time back in Singapore." Chaeyoung folded her arms. "I usually walk home after that too. It was fine." 

"So, are you planning to walk home this time too?" Junghoon asked. "In the middle of the night? I bet your house is nowhere near here too." 

Chaeyoung scratches her head when she realised she is no longer in Singapore. "Right.. I guess I'll take the bus then." She giggled. "What about you? Where are you going after this?" 

"I...uhmm" Junghoon hesitated. "I actually came out for a walk. Watching a movie was never my intention." 

"How about supper?"  Chaeyoung offered. "You paid for my clothes the other day. It is only right that I return this favour."

Junghoon took a quick look on his watch. "Nah, you have intern tomorrow, don't you? How about next time?" 

"Can I really call you next time?"  Chaeyoung asked. 

"Anytime, I'm always right here." Junghoon assured.

"How about this Saturday at the library? I've always wanted to visit a library here but never dared to since I am always alone." 

"Library?" Junghoon paused to think. "S-sure, why not? Hahahaha. Saturday at 2?" Junghoon panicked. As Jungkook, he had never stepped in to a school library, let alone a public library, He was never the studious type. Any form of books will just make him fall asleep. In short, he was the total opposite of Chaeyoung. Seeing how Chaeyoung looks estactic and hopeful when she asked him, Junghoon cannot help but agree. However, the thought of a book date, wait, date? Junghoon was down for it. At that moment, he had long forgotten about how he thought Kai and Chaeyoung are possibly in a relationship. Junghoon sent her to the bus stop, waiting with her for the next bus home. It was a long wait, but he was willing.

He could have drive her home but his car was full of fan gifts that he had no time to clear recently. He hopped into his car minutes later and followed the bus at a safe distance, just to make sure Chaeyoung is safe.  When Chaeyoung reaches home safely, he left immediately. 

Chaeyoung came home to a quiet and dark house. She took out her shoes and arranged them neatly. Suddenly, someone the lights, frightening her. "OH MY GOD" Chaeyoung screamed, falling backwards. 

"Where did you go?" Jiyong had his arms folded, standing behind Chaeyoung. 

"M-movies?" she softly replied. " Why are you still up at this timing?" Chaeyoung slowly stood up. 

"Nothing, just thirsty. Have you eaten?" Jiyong asked. 

Chaeyoung bit her lip. "Not really." Her stomach growled. "I forgot all about dinner." 

"Go up and shower. I'll reheat the food and get you some rice. Have your food and sleep." Jiyong ordered. 

"No," Chaeyoung stopped Jiyong. "I'll just have some soup and sleep. It's too late for heavy food."

"Alright, then." Jiyong head to the kitchen. "I'll bring it to your room, don't worry." Chaeyoung thanked him in a soft voice, but loud enough for him to hear. That was enough for him. So long as Chaeyoung is not ignoring him, he feels good. 

Chaeyoung ran up and took a quick shower. She dried her hair and brushed it before coming out of the the bathroom. The smell of the chicken soup was making her stomach growl even more. She hurriedly sat down and took a sip of her soup while browsing the internet for news. While doing so, her mind cannot help but wander to the events that happened on her very first day of work. So many things happened in just a day. First, Jungkook. She just happens to always be there whenever Jungkook needed help. It is always in a situation she had never expected to be in or wanted to. Secondly, Junghoon. Someone who is the exact opposite of Jungkook. He is always there whenever she needs someone instead. Maybe this was just once instance but her instincts tell her that it will not be the last time. 

Chaeyoung was, however, clueless as to why Jungkook wanted to her to acknowledge him so bad. Would it not be fine if they had pretended as strangers and live their own lives? What good can come out of acknowledging each other? Chaeyoung spun around on her three-wheeled chair and sighed. Just then, she spotted something. "Right," she stood up. "It must be because of you."

The following day, Chaeyoung brought Jungkook's jacket along just in case she meets him again. As soon as she reaches the office, Heesu told her to wait in the meeting room. Chaeyoung was puzzled. "Do interns need to attend meetings too?" she thought. 

She put down her stuffs on her desks before making her way to the meeting room. She was surprised to see the room empty. "Did I enter the wrong room?" she wondered. Chaeyoung paced up and down in the meeting room, not knowing if she should sit down or stand up. She was nervous.

"What are you doing?" Jennie, her supervisor, walked in with a cup of coffee on her hand. Chaeyoung stopped. "Nothing, what are we doing here today?" Chaeyoung walked over to Jennie, who seemed to be struggling to pull out a chair. "Let me."

"A meeting." Jennie put down her coffee on the table. Chaeyoung exerted more strength to help her. "With BTS." Hearing that shocked Chaeyoung as she fell down while pulling the chair. "WHAT?!" She succeeded, though.

"Are you alright?" Jennie laughed. "Are you a fangirl? Why are you shocked?" Chaeyoung quickly stood up and wiped off the dust off her skirt. "No, I'm not. I- I am just shocked. Why am I having a meeting with them?" 

Jennie sat down on the chair and tapped on the other chair, hinting Chaeyoung to sit too. "They want to hear opinions from young people on how to market themselves better. So I thought, why not?"

"But we are from the finance department? And what can I do?"

"Yea, it's normal actually in this company. They go one big round to ask opinions so that everyone can feel like their opinions matter. But truthfully, do I look like I have the time?" Jennie laughs. "I rather have a break than feeling a part of the company. You? Just for more exposure. There is more to life than just facing numbers" Before Chaeyoung could say anything, more and more people started coming in. BTS's Manager, a representative from the management team and BTS themselves entered the room. The room was not that big to begin with. 

The meeting table was rectangular in shape. Everyone greeted one another and sat down. Sitting right opposite of Chaeyoung was Jungkook. As if that was not daunting enough, next to her was Taehyung. "This is our new intern, Park Chaeyoung. She comes from Singapore." Jennie introduced to everyone to break the ice. Namjoon kept staring at Chaeyoung. "I'm sorry. Have we met before?" he asked. "You look very familiar but this is my first time seeing you here, isn't it?"

Chaeyoung could feel everyone looking at her. What could she say? She denied being Korean during the concert. Would Namjoon think she was making fun of everybody that day? She looked around to think of an answer. That was when her eyes met Jungkook. She was practically begging Jungkook to save her with her eyes. Jungkook just smirked as he tapped his fingers on the table, much to her annoyance.

"She was one of the staff during our Singapore concert recently. Charis, remember?" Taehyung interrupted, much to her relief. "I am guessing, she moved back here?"

Chaeyoung took a deep breath. "Yes, that was more of a part time job? I had nothing to do so I decided to sign up." 

"No wonder! You looked so familiar, I thought I was wrong. You're the one who was paired with Jungkook, aren't you?" Namjoon chirped. "You are a Korean after all." Chaeyoung could only scratch her head in response. Jungkook smirked, "I remember her well."

"That's good." Jimin continued. "Since you already had an exposure of how our concerts work, you probably know a little bit about us. Wait, are you our fan?" Chaeyoung shook her head shyly. Although she told herself she is not interested in groups anymore, there are 7 supposedly charming guys staring at her, wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter