Ch 11

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Thank you for everything last night - Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung texted Junghoon who she assumed had sent her home yesterday. She tried to recall everything that happened last night but nothing seems to stay. “What if I had puked on him?” She wondered, “maybe not. I would’ve smelt so bad when I woke up.”

She put down her phone and lay down on her bed to rest after breakfast. Part of her was feeling guilty towards Junghoon but she was also apologetic to her mother. Her mother may have not told her but Chaeyoung could see it through her heavy eyebags that her mother had not slept the whole night. 

You’re welcome. Please do not drink again. If you really want to, please call me. ㅋㅋㅋ - Junghoon

Junghoon texted her back. Chaeyoung laughed upon reading the message. She pulled down the notification to check other messages but was surprised by the date. “Wow, wait. It’s mid November, already?” She clicked on the calendar application to check and let out a heavy sigh. “I can’t believe my internship is ending. What have I been doing the past few weeks?” 

Chaeyoung got up on her bed and went to her laptop. She went to search for gifts for her colleagues who had done her best to give her things to do despite being super busy. Chaeyoung the radio to accompany her while she searched for gifts. 

Chaeyoung grabbed her bag to find her wallet but took out a box instead. She was puzzled but quickly recalled that Casey told her Jungkook had wanted to give it to her. It just so happens that BTS’s song was playing on the radio. “Wow, what a coincidence.” She said while opening the box. “I wonder what this is.” After much struggling, she finally opened up the box. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” Chaeyoung pulled out the scarf from the box. “I went to work selling your merchandise and you actually gave me this?!” 

It was the personalised scarf Jungkook had designed to be sold during the event. Chaeyoung chuck it aside without giving it much look. 

While she had thought it was just a scarf, Jungkook had actually personally stitched Chaeyoung’s initials as well under his name. However, it was totally not seen by her at all. Chaeyoung knew he gave the scarf to her as an apology but she had never really had hard feelings against him. It was all on her.

Seeing the scarf reminded her that she actually owes Jungkook a gift too. “He’s right, though.” Chaeyoung rested her back on the chair. “He helped me in finding a gift for Taehyung. I can’t be an ungrateful human and not return that favour, right? But I can’t afford another expensive keychain.” 

Chaeyoung continued googling for gifts but nothing caught her eyes. “I mean, he’s a rich man. What does he lack?” She thought hard, but nothing seems to be special for her. She slid across the room to grab her phone and texted Jongin.

Oppa, can we go out today? - Chaeyoung

What for? - Jongin

I just feel like taking a breather. - Chaeyoung

All Chaeyoung wanted to do was actually come out and search for gifts without telling Jongin. Knowing him, Jongin would swipe his card without hesitation for Chaeyoung. That was not what she wanted. She simply just wants to survey the price. 

It was another day filled with schedules for BTS. This time, it was a surprise concert for an event. In the car, Taehyung sat beside Jungkook who had his AirPods on. Taehyung’s mind was filled with the incident from the other day. Ever since that day, they never really interacted with one another. 

“Here you go.” Jimin passed two bottles of water to them who were seated right behind. “Why are you guys so quiet? That’s so unlike the both of you.”

Jungkook removed one of his AirPods, “what did you say?” 

Jimin shook his head, “I said, drink up.” Jungkook and Taehyung grabbed the same bottle. “Wow, you guys. There are two of these, no need to grab the same one.” Jimin laughed. Taehyung let go of his hand and grabbed the other bottle.

Hyosin stopped at a rest stop for the members who had wanted to go to the toilet. All of them left the car except the two at the back. It was dead silent. Taehyung grabbed his bag to find his portable charger. He took everything out and placed it on his laps. The keychain caught Jungkook’s eyes. “Nice keychain.” Jungkook spoke for the first time. 

“Ah, this?” Taehyung held up his keys. “Thanks.”

“Was it a gift?” Jungkook asked, knowing fully where it was from. 

“Yea, someone gave it to me.” 

“Oh really? Was it a fan gift or someone special gave it to you?”

“A fan gift.” Taehyung lied through his teeth. Jungkook did not understand. Did Taehyung not see Jungkook nearby when Chaeyoung gave it to him?

“Ah, I thought you usually reject fan gifts.” 

“I do, but this was too nice to reject.” 

“Too nice to reject? Hmm.” Jungkook nodded his head, “The one who chose it sure has taste.”

“Yea…” Taehyung was starting to get suspicious. “Why are you so interested in my keys?” 

“Nothing. I just like it too, that’s all. I was just wondering, we have the same taste in things. I wonder where will this lead us to?” 

“What do you mean?” 

“Well, I’m just saying. We could be liking the same things now, what if we eventually like the same person?” 

Taehyung laughed awkwardly, “what do you mean like the same person? How is that possible?”

“Exactly, that’s what I am saying too.” Jungkook smirked, “will you give in to me too?”

Taehyung was taken aback. Before he could even say anything, the members entered the car. It ultimately ended the conversation, and it was back to silence. 

“Why am I being dragged here?” Jongin let out a grunt. “Imo scolded me for bringing you out on your rest day!” 

“Excuse me?” Chaeyoung opened the car door and alighted. Jongin did the same. “I’m giving you a chance to be closer to me since I am ending my internship soon!”

Jongin locked his car door and walked alongside Chaeyoung. “So fast? Twelve weeks going to be over soon?!” 

“I know right, I was so surprised too. That is why, you should enjoy the day with me before I return to Singapore to finish up the semester!” Chaeyoung pressed the lift button. “Two more weeks, and I am officially done!” 

“Are you that happy to be leaving?” Jongin raised an eyebrow. “How can you be happy leaving me again here alone?” 

“Stop acting like a kid, Kim Jongin.” She rolled her eyes, “I have to eventually come back, don’t I?”

“So, have you decided to come and help me in my company or are you going to venture out?”

“Honestly, zero idea. I might play around and head for university.”

“Why waste the time?”

“I cannot stop at diploma, can I? But then again, I am so sick of studying. Should I be continuing?” 

“I don’t know,” Jongin shrugged. “It’s your life, after all. If you really want to choose, I have an idea.”

“What idea?”

“You can get married to me, and enjoy the life of a lady boss.” Jongin stuck out his tongue and ran into the lift before Chaeyoung could hit him. 

“You wish!” Chaeyoung walked in grumpily and pressed the lift buttons. 

The lift opened its doors at basement two, revealing many men waiting to go in. “Hey, it’s you!” Namjoon chirped as he walked in. Chaeyoung raised her head to see who it was. “What are you guys doing here?” Chaeyoung asked. Jongin and her was already being pushed to the back as all of them tried to squeeze in. “Jongin-ah, even you are here!” Hoseok slapped his shoulders in excitement. “Are you guys here for the event?”

Everyone seemed happy to bump into them except Taehyung and Jungkook. “What event?” Jongin asked. “You don’t know? We are performing here soon.” Yoongi butted in. 

“Here?” Chaeyoung timidly asked. All of them nodded. “Let’s go to our makeup room and have a talk!” Namjoon said. 

“Talk about what?” Jungkook monotonously asked. “Can’t you guys see they are here together in home clothes?” 

“Do you guys know each other?” Taehyung finally spoke. “Are you guys dating?”

Jimin whistled, “wow, you guys are actually a couple?! No wonder!” 

Chaeyoung vigorously shook her head. “We are just childhood friends, that’s all.” 

Jongin wrapped his arms around her neck, “maybe someday we might be more, y'know. We’ll follow you guys to your event for a while.” Chaeyoung glared at Jongin to hint him to move his hands away. Realising he did not get the hint, Chaeyoung stepped on his feet when everyone looked away. Jongin silently groaned in pain and forced a smile. “I will remember this.” He whispered at her ears, much to Jungkook’s jealousy. 

When the lift arrived at level five where the event is to be held, everyone left the lift first except Jungkook and Chaeyoung. Jungkook stopped Chaeyoung from leaving quickly. “What’s the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter