Ch 9

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally Tuesday, the day Chaeyoung will finally get busy. She skipped out of the subway station to find her new working venue. She grinned at the thought of not having to work with Jungkook or the rest. Jongin gave her three choices. Being a slave for the company through the pop up store or the finance department or being a slave to the group. She chose the pop up store, obviously. Ever since the company finished doing up their annual report, there was barely anything for Chaeyoung to do. 

On certain days she will just fall asleep, and the CEO of other departments would come to look for the investment manager  to clear his doubts. Clearly she got caught but interns were the least of his concern. Chaeyoung would rather face thousands of fans than facing seven males and run errands for them. Dressed in an all black polo T-shirt, she reports for work at the biggest mall in town. The Grand City. Like the name suggests, it was grand. Chaeyoung being Chaeyoung, she got lost. It was almost 9.30 in the morning. The mall does not open before 10am. She sat down at the nearest sit outside the mall and wondered how to get in for a good ten minutes. "Don't these people sleep?" Chaeyoung looked at the long queue outside the mall, presumably queuing for the limited goods. "Clearly I cannot enter through here, AT ALL." 

Jongin told her the day before that she can look for this person called Casey if she has doubts. However, it was only her first day. Although she came the day before, it was during the late afternoon whereby almost everything has set up except the goods. Just then, she spotted a guy who wore the exact same shirt as her. “Here’s my chance.” She thought. Chaeyoung stood up and started following him. When the guy stopped for a second to drink some water, she stopped too. Her obvious actions caught the attention of the guy she was following. 

He continued walking as fast as possible to confirm his suspicion. True enough, his instinct was right. All of a sudden, he decided to stop walking causing Chaeyoung to bump into his back. “Is it your first day today?” The guy turned around to ask her. Chaeyoung scratched her head in embarrassment. “Yea, I’m so sorry. I assumed we were going to the same place so I thought following you might be easier.” 

He chuckled, “I knew it. Come with me.” 

Chaeyoung continued to follow him like a lost puppy. He led her to the back of the mall where the security is. He pointed to the security door that was guarded by an old man. “Next time, if you ever need to arrive early, come through here.” He advised. 

“Thanks.” Chaeyoung smiled. “I’m Chaeyoung, an intern working temporarily in this store.” She stretched out her hand for a handshake. 

“I’ve heard of you. Park Chaeyoung, isn’t it? I’m Casey Kim, a full timer working in events by the company.” He introduced himself as he return the handshake. 

“Your name is weird.” she remarked. “Casey.." she repeated his name. Something about it felt familiar. "OH," she screamed. "YOU'RE CASEY." 

"Yes?" His lips formed an awkward smile. "I am Casey."

Chaeyoung was dazed, "So you're the in charge! I thought Casey was a-"

"Female?" Casey laughed. "You're not the first and definitely not the last. And no, I am not the in charge. I just happen to know more about events so I can guide you along." 

"Sorry," Chaeyoung scratches her head in embarrassment. "You're a Korean?"

“Korean-American.” Casey corrected. 

“Really?! That’s so cool. I am actually a full Korean interning here but my school is in Singapore!” She told him, full of joy. 

As Casey taught her how to enter the security door and apply a staff card for herself, Chaeyoung could not help but continue asking about himself. They talked about the difference about living in two different countries, their favourite places and more. The ice was melted pretty quickly between the two of them. Chaeyoung was in awe as she entered the store. Clearly, the company was wealthy enough to have a store bigger than her house to showcase the merchandises. 

Casey continued showing her the ropes as they arrived the store even though he was not obligated to. It was the first day of the event but the in charge was pretty busy the handling of the merchandise and all. As a result, Chaeyoung could not learn anything from her yet. Slowly, other workers came to help out as well. The event starts at noon. Chaeyoung was on her feet the entire morning trying to display the merchandise and keeping track of where the stocks are located so that they can be quick. Casey was more of a backstage person. His job scope mainly involves replenishing the stocks when the shelves are empty. The event barely started and Chaeyoung was already envious of his position. 

After what seemed like an eternity, the event is finally starting soon. “Everybody, stand by at your position.” the in-charge shouted. 

The queue was getting longer and longer outside the store. Everyone were practically screaming outside as they peeked at the merchandise through the glass doors. The screams scared Chaeyoung so badly. Just then, she realised she had not asked where is she stationed at. She hurriedly ran to the in-charge to ask about it. 

“You’re Chaeyoung, isn’t it?” the in-charge scanned through the floor plan. “You’re supposed to stand there, at Jungkook’s merchandise.” Chaeyoung’s eyes widened. “Hurry up get in position we are opening soon!” exclaimed the in-charge. Chaeyoung sighed and walked briskly to her position. She cannot believe her luck. Even on days she can escape from the man himself, she cannot escape from his merchandise. 

Chaeyoung scanned through Jungkook's merchandises to be sure of what she is selling. "Wow, he really took my advice huh?" She chuckled when she saw a Jungkook doll with a stern looking face. She picked up the other personalised merchandise. "Wow, is this the first time someone actually sells a scarf as a merchandise?" she thought. It was light blue in colour with his initials sewn on it. 

“Okay, ready?” Then security guard asked. The place were filled with security who are tasked to not let everybody enter at the same time and to prevent theft. The in-charge signaled a yes and the store finally let its shutter up. The fans who were let in for the first round ran in and started pushing one another to get the limited edition merchandise. Everyone was only allowed to buy one of each product to execute fairness. Chaeyoung was almost invisible to them as she was pushed to a corner of the store. In a matter of minutes, her station was almost empty and everyone was rushing to pay. Before the next batch was allowed to enter, she squatted to take out the goods under the table to replenish the goods. It was only the first day but the constant action of standing and squatting was tiring her out. 

Few hours went by in a blink of an eye. Chaeyoung heaved a sigh of relief after the last customer left the store. It was only the first day but the goods were sold out in a matter of 4 hours. The tables were almost empty too. Just when she thought she can finally go home, she was informed that her shift has not ended. It was just a short break to replenish the goods below the table & early dinner break. Chaeyoung sighed. 

After her dinner break, she walked slowly to the store room whereby all the merchandise are located. The amount of boxes to bring out sure startled her. Chaeyoung’s legs were already starting to feel sore but she had to continue since it was her job. She pulled a trolley close to the merchandise and tried to pull a box full of Jungkook’s merchandise. The weight was too heavy for her. 

“Man, this job is exhausting.” She wiped the perspiration off her forehead. No matter how hard she pulled the box, it would not budge. She inhaled sharply, and gave it one last pull. The box was pulled so hard that it almost fell on her. Casey stopped it in the nick of time. “Careful!” He shouted. 

“Th-thanks.” Chaeyoung stuttered. Casey carried the box down with minimum effort. He turned to her and shook his head, “Next time, just wait for me. I’ll help.” Chaeyoung only nodded her head, too tired to say anything at all. The entire night passed by so quickly, that she fell asleep immediately after lying down. 

The next morning, Chaeyoung arrived at the store and arranged the merchandise, as per her job scope. She could barely feel her legs. Despite the fatigue from the previous day, she came early instead of sleeping in. The crowd does not seem to be any shorter than yesterday too. Everyone was earlier than her. Casey came along with a bunch of new goods to restock Chaeyoung’s side. 

“Are you alive?” That was the first thing that Casey asked. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, “Probably not.” Casey laughed out loud while arranging the merchandise. “You’ll get the hang of it.” He assured. 

“Maybe I’ll get hanged instead” Chaeyoung said, with a faint smile. “Get yourself to the store room in fifteen minutes. I think I heard BTS themselves are going to come as a surprise later, so you have to be ready.” Casey whispered. 

“Huh?” Chaeyoung looked at Casey in astonishment. “What do you mean they are coming?!” 

“You will know when the in-charge tells you more.” Casey smirked as he walked back to the store room. 

Several minutes later, Chaeyoung dragged herself to the store room where other staff members were already gathered. “Ah, so is everyone here yet?” The in-charge asked. 

“Yea.” Casey answered, after making a headcount. “Alright guys, this is your in-charge. Her name is Hayi.”

“I hope we can make good memories together.” Hayi bowed to greet everyone. “So, BTS will be coming soon to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter