Ch 8

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "What gift?" Jungkook asked, raising an eyebrow. Chaeyoung coughed, "well. It is for a guy actually." She admitted. "Who?" Jungkook coolly asked, turning away for a second to hide his jealousy. 

“Some guy I know.” Chaeyoung rested her back on her chair. “I just want to reciprocate, that’s all.”  She shrugged her shoulders. “Is it the guy who gave you this bracelet?” Jungkook pointed to her wrist. She shook her head. "Just somebody." “What if I refuse?” Jungkook asked. Chaeyoung turned herself to face her laptop and started to move her mouse around, “It’s alright. You’re not the only guy I know.” 

Jungkook turned her chair around to face him. He bent over to meet her eye level causing their faces to be so close to each other. Chaeyoung gasped, “What are you doing?” Jungkook did not even blink. His stares were intimidating. “You are not allowed to call other guys. I will go with you.” Jungkook warned. He stood up straight, and smiled, “I will you at the carpark at 6 today.”

Jungkook left as if nothing big happened, rendering her speechless and breathless over his actions. “I am fine.” Chaeyoung told herself. 

Jungkook head over to the washroom in excitement. “Yes!” he threw a fist pump.  He considers this a date and thought of various clothes to wear later. He slathered his hands with soap, making bubbles out of it. Although he knew they were going out to find another man’s gift, he cannot be bothered. Every time they get together, it does not end on a good note. He promised to make the day end well, better still, to forget that they are even going to buy a gift for a guy. 

Just then, one of the stalls’ doors open. It was Kai, much to Jungkook’s surprise. His face fell when he saw Kai. “Could it be him that Chae wants to buy a gift for?” He wondered. Kai pumped some soap out of the bottle, snickering. “What made you so happy today? You even whistled.” Kai asked, much to Jungkook’s annoyance. “I can’t believe a CEO like you would be interested to know what makes me happy.” Jungkook monotonously answered as he rinsed his hands. Kai smirked, “I’m just being concerned over my employees.” 

“Maybe,” Jungkook grabbed a tissue, only to be taken away by Kai. “Maybe if you curb your curiosity and stop prying into our private lives, I might like you a little.” 

“I don’t need you to like me.” Kai smiled, infuriating Jungkook. “Just generate some income for my company and I will stay out of your life.” Kai threw the tissue into the nearest dustbin and walked to the door. “And oh,” Kai opened the door slightly. “Don’t let me find out you’re out there causing trouble for me.”

Kai left. Jungkook threw his tissue hard at the door. “How can a guy like this deserve Chaeyoung? He’s despicable. What does she like in him?” 

Chaeyoung waited patiently at the carpark lobby for Jungkook. She munched on the muffin her supervisor bought for her after lunch break that she was too full to continue eating. She waited for a while but Jungkook has not shown up. Chaeyoung took out her phone and typed a text for Jungkook to come quickly. However, a blue car appeared out of nowhere and stopped in front of her. Jungkook stepped out of the car to open the door for Chaeyoung. 

Chaeyoung looked at him in bewilderment. “Are you going for a wedding dinner or something?” Chaeyoung chuckled. Jungkook was decked out in a fancy tuxedo while she was dressed like a normal intern. Jungkook opened the door for her. “Go in,” he said. Chaeyoung shook her head. “You are going with me to get a gift, not a party! Are you sure that you want to go out in these?” Jungkook scanned himself from head to toe. “What is wrong with these?” he asked. 

Chaeyoung was rendered speechless, “are you really asking me what is wrong?” She pulled him to the mirrored lift door. “What do you think will happen if you appear at a mall looking like this?” 

“Make all the girls faint,” Jungkook brushed his hair to the side. “So conceited,” Chaeyoung sighed in disbelief. “Let’s go.” Jungkook pulled her to the car, forcing her in. 

In the car, Chaeyoung refused to believe that she really is out here going out with Jungkook in the open. She thought about how crazy fans were and how her photos are probably going to end up circulating in a Korean news outlet just because Jungkook decided to wear a tuxedo. “THAT CANNOT HAPPEN” Chaeyoung shouted, scaring Jungkook.

“What cannot happen?!” Jungkook looked at her in shock. 

“You!” she shouted. “If you are going to the mall looking like this, I want to alight now.” 

“What?!” Jungkook screamed. “I am not changing!” 

“Oh no, you are.” Chaeyoung forced Jungkook to stop at an empty road. Jungkook had no choice but to comply. He did not want to risk the only ‘date night’ so far.  “Do you have any other clothes with you?” Chaeyoung asked, but Jungkook refused to answer. Chaeyoung smacked his arms to get his attention. “Ouch, what was that for?” Jungkook grunted. 

“If you are not going to tell me where are your spare clothes, you’re going to wear my M-sized jacket.” Chaeyoung folded her arms. 

“Your M-sized jacket?” Jungkook scoffed. “You’re not afraid that I will rip it off?” 

“Truthfully,” Chaeyoung swallowed her saliva. “I am. However, I am more afraid of your fans. I am still young. Don’t drag me in your scandal.” 

“Ha ha.” Jungkook faked a laugh. “The jacket I took back from you should be around here somewhere.” Jungkook stretches his arm and tries to find the jacket on the backseat through his touch. Chaeyoung tried to find with her hands too.  

“I think I felt it.” said Chaeyoung. “It’s like, nearer to your side.’

“Really?” Jungkook moved his entire body to a better position and tried to find again. Instead of grabbing his jacket, he touched something warm instead. “What is this?” he asked, grabbing that “thing” tightly. 

“My hand,” Chaeyoung stared at him. “You idiot.” 

Jungkook pulled his hands away in embarrassment. “Sorry.” he apologised. Chaeyoung pulled the jacket that was dropped on the floor since she does not know when. “I can’t believe you car. Clean it up, man. So many unopened fan gifts!”  She shook her head in disbelief. Chaeyoung threw the jacket onto Jungkook’s lap and told him to wear it. 

“Are you really making me wear this?” Jungkook asked, almost begging her not to force him. “My inner clothes are long sleeved…” 

“You can take it off if you want to.” Chaeyoung answered without thinking twice. 

“Take...off?” Jungkook’s eyes widened. “You want me to take off my inner as well?” 

“Omg, no.” Chaeyoung’s cheeks were turning red. “I mean, never mind. Just wear the jacket over it! It will be cold anyway since it is night!” Chaeyoung let out a sigh of relief for thinking fast. 

“Sure~” Jungkook teased, “I will wear my clothes well so that nobody can see through me.” Jungkook wore his jacket but something still feels not right. Chaeyoung rummaged through the glove compartment and found spectacles inside. “This will do.” Chaeyoung wore the spectacles on him. Chaeyoung rubbed her chin, “Should I add a mustache?” 

Jungkook stared at her in disbelief. “NO,” he shouted. “Let me disguise myself.” Jungkook grabbed a mask and wore it. “Is this enough?” 

Chaeyoung held two thumbs up. “Much better.” Jungkook rolled his eyes, “do you have any idea how hot this disguise is?” 

“Well,” Chaeyoung shrugged. “If you had not decided to wear a damn tuxedo, it might have been better.” She sneered. “You know,” she turned her body to face Jungkook properly. “You really look like somebody I know.” 

“Who..?” Jungkook nervously asked. Could it be that she realised Jungkook and Junghoon are the same person?

Chaeyoung tapped her chin, seriously thinking where she has seen it before. “Nah, I cannot remember. Let’s go.”

Jungkook and Chaeyoung arrived at a mall moments later. Jungkook was annoyed at the fact that he still had to wear a disguise even when he is with Chaeyoung as Jungkook and not Junghoon. Chaeyoung constantly made sure Jungkook wore his jacket properly and not remove his mask. She was on tenterhooks whenever someone stares at them. “Have you ever thought that they might be staring because I am wearing like a fugitive?” Jungkook spoke. 

“I rather they think that you’re stealing something here than have a crowd full of fans.” 

“The only thing I am stealing from this entire mall would be your heart.” Jungkook laughs. Jungkook was glad he was wearing a mask. He could feel his cheek turning red. 

“Very funny.” Chaeyoung pulled him to the nearest department store. They walked around the guys section, hoping something would catch her eye. “Tell me, what do guys like?” Jungkook rolled his eyes when he recalled what was he there for. “Who are you planning to give? A friend or boyfriend?” Jungkook reluctantly ask. 

“A friend that might turn into more?” Chaeyoung answered. The ‘more’ in this in her dictionary refers to “Best Friend” but Jungkook took it differently. “So Kai is not your boyfriend YET?” Jungkook excitedly asked. 

“Kai?” Chaeyoung looked up to him. “Who’s Kai?” 

“You’re asking me, who is Kai?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “You hang out with him often though?” 

“OHHHHHH-” Chaeyoung mentally smacked her head. She had forgotten Jongin is called Kai in the company. “He is just… wait. All these while you were hostile to me because you thought I was his girlfrien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter