even

IMPERFECT

---

If you were a piece of white paper, I'd want to be a crayon

---

"You just had to put the x's here," Jongin said, pointing his two-ringed right forefinger at some of the problems on the worksheet he had made Kyungsoo. He moved his body close to his hyung's so he could show him how to do it.

"I still don't get it, Jongin," the elder grumbled and eyed the black rings on Jongin's finger, the junior smiling at the nickname. "Why do you have two, may I ask?"

Jongin glanced at the rings comfortably hugging his finger, turned to Kyungsoo, and grinned sheepishly, his teeth shining in the sunlight.

"And you have three ear piercings on both of your ears, too." The elder noticed the black dots on the younger's ears.

"To look punk," was all he replied and shrugged.

The elder squinted his eyes at him. "Why would you wanna look so punkish?"

Jongin felt his heart jump at the question and his cheeks burn in discomfit, swinging his head to his right to put his gaze on Kyungsoo. But he was somehow glad that Kyungsoo noticed his rings and piercings.

"It's... It's not of vital importance," he said, already feeling his sweat form on his forehead that was curtained by his fringe, pursing his lips to stop himself from smiling. "You know what, let's just continue."

His hyung shrugged and nodded, still eyeing him. He just winked at Kyungsoo that had him receiving a hard smack from the elder on the back of his head.

"You're so flirtish!" the older of the two huffed, rolling his eyeballs.

"Flirty is the word, babe," Jongin corrected him and sent him another wink.

"Jesus. Whatever. Let's just start over."

"As you wish, your highness."

"Ugh. Why am I even cousins with you?"

"Deal with it."

--

"So... how was tutoring Mr. I-don't-need-your-help?" his cousin Baekhyun, who was older than him by two years, couldn't help but roll his eyes as he sat on the chair across from him. The elder was referring to Kyungsoo in a rude way that had Jongin cringing at his nickname for Kyungsoo. Not that he minded, though. It was just that Baekhyun had been ing about Kyungsoo's shouting at him since yesterday and it was starting to tick Jongin off.

He munched on his star-shaped cookie and looked at his cousin in disbelief. He didn't like the way Baekhyun had described Kyungsoo like he was the plague or something.

"He was not so bad," he gently said, wiping some crumbs off his lips with a napkin.

The elder scrunched his face at him.

"Did you hear yourself?"

"Huh?"

"He shouted at me, Jongin! No one has ever shouted at me like that before... Well, maybe my father once did, but that doesn't matter anymore. The thing is, it was scary. I couldn't sleep that night!"

"I know."

"And you're okay with that?" his hyung stood, throwing his arms in the air as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Jongin glared at him, now losing his appetite.

"Look, hyung. First, he is not so bad like you always say he is. It was just a one time mistake; shouting at you and all that. Second, he needs my help so I'm helping him," he explained, already standing up and fixing his blue top. "Third, stop being such a sissy."

His cousin could only gasp at him. "Are you defending him?"

"No. I'm just telling the truth, hyung," he said while he pointed his finger and turned his back on Baekhyun, grabbing his own bag and was ready to leave. "Till next time. Bye."

And he left the cafeteria, ignoring his cousin's loud protests.

--

The black ink of the pen smudged the pale color of the notebook's page as the doe-eyed boy continued to write things, shutting himself out from his classmates' noisy ramblings in the background. His lips tugged upwards as he read what he had written. But that smile instantly faded as he heard one of his classmates comment about a certain someone he knew all too well.

"Heard from Jaebum-hyung that this loser of a Junior had someone from us Freshmen as his maths tutor."

He heard them snicker like a bunch of idiots. Then he felt his hand clench his pen hard as another classmate of him started to say another remark.

"What a bummer! That's too loser-ish, man. What kind of idiot would want a Freshman as a tutor?"

Jongin couldn't help it anymore. Slamming his hands on his desk, he abruptly stood and whipped his head to stare fiery daggers at the group to his right who were making nasty comments about his cousin, Kyungsoo. His classmates stared back at him with confused expressions, cutting their current conversation.

"Don't you ninnies have other things to talk about instead of gossiping there like the ninnies you all are?" he spat at them, eyes set low.

A loud gasp from one of them could be heard and another one started to storm his way towards Jongin.

"What... did you just call us?" his tall classmate, who he had known to be Namjoon, angrily shouted at him.

He just lifted the ends of his lips to form a smirk, taunting his classmate and saying nonchalantly, "Ninnies."

A strong push from Namjoon made him stagger back in his desk. He answered this with a hard blow to his classmate's chest that had him toppling into the cold classroom floor. Gasps and screams were echoing throughout the place as Jongin sent another hard punch again to his classmate who couldn't even move a leg to stand up.

"What the is wrong with you?!" his classmate only yelled at him in fury, his other classmates giving him looks of disgust. But he didn't care. Not even a bit.

"Don't ever say bad things to him again!" Jongin huffed, pointing a threatening finger at Namjoon. He stepped one foot further that made the pained boy on the floor back off in fear of his life. "Do you get me?"

His classmate could only nod his sweating head several times, his friends helping him stand on his feet and keeping him from reeling.

"Now go talk about other things and not him," Jongin hissed. "Ever." And he went back to sit on his chair in the middle of the classroom, popping his fingers and flexing his arms like none of that ever had happened.

That afternoon, he found himself sitting through the whole detention for one hour, thus, arriving late again at the school park to meet Kyungsoo. The elder scolded him but he only flashed him a smile that immediately shut his hyung up and continued to ramble about other things. He found the act cute so he tried to ruffle Kyungsoo's hair that only ended up on him getting a smack from the elder.

At least I got to touch hyung's soft hair, he thought. It's all worth it.

---

so that I could bring color to your white wonderland