your

IMPERFECT

---

And be with you always

---

"Earth to Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo perked, eyes flying open and taking deep breaths.

"W-what is it, hyung?" he questioned, unaware of the previous events because he had zoned out thinking about certain issues.

"I said that they already sliced the cake," Xiumin said, pointing behind him. "Don't you wanna go out and eat?"

Kyungsoo whipped his head to the side to see that all of them had gone out to the garden where the party was at. He slightly nodded his head as he returned his gaze to Xiumin. The elder had a hopeful look.

"I do, but you go ahead. I have something to do first," he muttered and stood up, fixing his getup once again. "Just tell Seulgi not to eat her cake whole."

Xiumin eyed him weirdly and just chuckled.

"The little girl won't, though we all know how much she would want to," the elder told Kyungsoo and patted the younger's back, turning on his heels to go outside.

"Just let us know when Jongin finally arrives," he added, causing Kyungsoo to feel uneasy again.

He just stared at Xiumin's retreating back and nodded even when he knew his hyung couldn't see him anymore.

Then it struck him.

He clutched his pounding chest and steadied himself on the backrest behind him.

Oh my God, he could only think. How to talk to Jongin?

The last time he had spoken to him was that time when the younger had asked what his favorite color was. Knowing Jongin might had just been kidding him, Kyungsoo had answered what he had seen first in his mind.

And that was black.

And as if on cue, the white main door swung open, revealing a smiling Jongin in a colorful outfit carrying a gift in his right hand.

"Happy birthday, Seul— hey, where is everyone?" the doe-eyed boy asked to himself. He frowned, but lit up again when he saw Kyungsoo on the couch.

He waved at Kyungsoo, grinning from ear to ear.

Kyungsoo wasn't liking how Jongin looked so effortlessly accurate just standing there at the doorway. It seemed that even if he had a tacky outfit on, he still was photoshoot-ready. And that made Kyungsoo's insides boil with envy.

"Hi, Kyungsoo-hyung!" the boy cheerfully said, scratching his head, bangs swaying. "Sorry, I'm late." He looked around with wide eyes. "Where are they?"

Kyungsoo only glared at him, not liking how cute he looked while he scratched his head.

"Follow me," he mumbled, not looking up. He stood on his feet and marched his way to the garden, Jongin trailing behind him with a confused frown.

--

"I want the unicorns to dance! I want 'em, I want 'em!" little Seulgi cried as she pointed her small fingers at Jongdae and Baekhyun who were forced to wear unicorn hats, their faces flushing after. The younger of the two bashfully nodded in approval.

The people around kept on cheering for the two boys to dance to a girl group song that was already playing. The two hesitated for a bit but then laughed it off as they started to dance to Red Velvet's Russian Roulette.

Kyungsoo could only laugh silently as he held his sister's tiny arms to keep her from falling off the pink Frozen chair she was on as she squealed in delight.

"Go dance with them, Kyungie!" his mom excitedly said, putting a unicorn hat on his head and pushing him to the center of the crowd.

His eyes widened and he was about to protest when a hand suddenly grabbed his own. Darting his eyes to the said grabber, he saw Jongin in a hat same as his and was grinning wide.

Does his mouth never hurt? Kyungsoo thought. He smiles too much.

He only stared at the younger, trying to ignore the feeling of his soft hand on his.

"C'mon! Do it for Seulgi," Jongin sheepishly whispered, already pulling Kyungsoo to where Baekhyun and Jongdae were. He started to dance in sync with the two that had Kyungsoo internally screaming profanities to himself for being bad at dancing. He could only watch the three dance gracefully with a sigh. He was never one to dance his heart out. Heck, he never had been a dancer. He was about to leave when a hand pulled his once again, causing him to spin around like a ballerina, only to be caught by strong arms, his face sticking to Jongin's hard chest.

Kyungsoo might or might not have sniffed the smell of the younger's baby cologne as Jongin chuckled heartily.

There was a loud clapping from the people around them and hyped screaming from his little sister.

"Wow, that was awesome!" he heard Baekhyun's loud voice almost echo. "Let's do it again!"

And before he knew it, Jongin was already spinning him to his feet again.

He could swear that in that moment, his heart stopped beating.

And after another round or two of him being spun around by none other than his lovely cousins, he stopped and lifted a hand in surrender. The people, especially his little sister, kept screaming happily after their little act and the cousins went back to where they had been seated before.

"See, Kyungsoo? You should move like that next time on the dancefloor. You almost moved as graciously as your cousin Jongin earlier and that is great news," his mom approached him, patting his back and giving him a proud smile. "But, wow, Jongin just always amazes me everytime he dances. He really is just so good."

Are you really complimenting me or Jongin? Kyungsoo couldn't help but think.

He lazily slumped on his chair, his heart starting to clench at his mother's words.

"You almost moved as graciously as your cousin Jongin. He really is just so good."

Almost.

He frowned and stared at his feet, cursing them for not being as perfect as those of Jongin's.

"Jongin just always amazes me everytime he dances."

Yeah. He's amazing. As always, he thought. What is new?

Why couldn't he just be like his cousin, though?

Why wasn't he perfect like him?

Trying to force his tears back, he slightly gasped for air and slowed his breathing when a red cup of grape juice greeted his sight.

"I thought you'd need this," Jongin beamed, sticking an arm as he held the cup in front of Kyungsoo.

The latter just looked up at him, mouth gaping. The boy bowed his head and looked at Kyungsoo with a lopsided smile.

"T-thanks," Kyungsoo replied and accepted the drink.

But he only choked on it because Jongin... had thought?

---

to wherever dreamland you might go