a.

IMPERFECT

---

If you were a teardrop, I'd want to be the earth

---

"You've got to be ing kidding me," Kyungsoo mindlessly muttered causing Jongin to frown and pout his lips.

"Why? Are you not glad that someone's gonna tutor you, hyung?" the boy asked, looking like a kicked puppy at the doorway. He finally had the urge to sit down so he grabbed one chair in the front and slumped on it, facing Kyungsoo with crossed arms.

Wow, Kyungsoo thought. How can he act like this to me even when we almost had a fight yesterday?

But then, Jongin was never one to hold any grudge. That was one of the younger's qualities that he always had envied. So he just shrugged his thoughts off.

"And please don't curse, hyung," the boy muttered and sighed. "It makes your mouth bad."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the childish remark and glanced at Suho. The elder just shrugged.

"Why are you here, by the way?" Suho asked the young boy that was currently sulking in his chair.

Jongin's head shot up to smirk at him, leaning his legs on another chair. "Passed the club's requirements yesterday. Got to become a new member."

Suho could only gasp at what the boy had told him, steadying himself on a desk.

"No way! It took me two years to join this club, and for them to have accepted​ me! Two years, Jongin!"

The boy just shrugged a shoulder and glanced at Kyungsoo through his fringe that was almost covering his cute eyes. Kyungsoo only stood in shock as Jongin smiled shyly at him.

No . He entered that fast? he thought. Could he be any more perfect?

"So... Are you ready, hyung?" the younger asked, eyes searching for something on Kyungsoo's face that the latter thought was probably his flaws.

Nodding, he stuttered, "S-sure."

--

They were sat on the sea of grass at the school park, notebooks on their laps, hair sticking to different angles because of the harsh wind that was passing to and fro.

Jongin had been laughing ever so loudly every now and then that had Kyungsoo stopping in his writing and facing him with a look of annoyance.

The boy quickly looked away, trying to calm the bubbling sensation in his throat.

"Are you ing laughing at me, Jongin? I know I'm dumb as , but that doesn't mean you have to ing laugh at my face to let me know because I already ing know," his hyung sneered and he winced at Kyungsoo's choice of words.

"Of course not, hyung," Jongin huffed, carding his fingers through his messy hair that had him chuckling again. "I'm sorry. It's just that our hairs were looking so funny right now."

He gazed at the elder's hair that was looking like a vivid version of a super saiyan's hair that he had seen in his comic books.

Kyungsoo scrunched his nose and tugged at his orange hair, fixing it back to normal. Jongin just watched him closely, a small smile playing on his lips.

What a cute hyung, he thought.

"Are you done?" he asked the older one, inching closer to stare up at him. Kyungsoo just glared at him. Jongin put both of his hands in the air in surrender and backed off, not wanting for his hyung to spit out such lovely words again and wounding his ears.

He didn't get why Kyungsoo cursed, though. (His mother always told him that that was bad so he didn't do it.) But that was just one of the things Kyungsoo did that made him so interesting to Jongin's eyes. Kyungsoo was different from all of his older cousins. And he had just got so curious about him that he would do everything just to get close to him and to finally know why, why, and why was Kyungsoo like that; different, but still overflowing with something he couldn't put a finger to. That was why he had to know what that something was.

He'd first seen Kyungsoo at one of their family reunions every summer. His cousin had been so quiet and never really made a move to make some friends. And last summer was no better for Jongin had only seen Kyungsoo walking along the shores alone. He'd wanted to come up to him and speak, but his other cousins always invited him to surf and so he had.

"—Jongin, I said I'm done."

Jongin's eyes flew open and he hummed. Kyungsoo put his hand on his own head and stared daggers at him.

"Right, I'm checking it now," Jongin said and cleared his throat, pulling the notebook from the other's hand gently.

He flipped it open and scanned the elder's work, humming in satisfaction as he saw the correct answers.

"You got 5 out of 20."

Kyungsoo's face scrunched in disbelief, blowing a small puff of air.

"I'm... sorry," he mumbled, picking at his nails and tapping his pen on his thigh.

Jongin's right hand shot out, only to be placed at the elder's shoulder.

"Hey, hyung. It was not so bad. We can always try again, you know?"

His hyung just shot him a pained look, eyes seeming to glitter.

"S-sure."

"Let's start again, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay."

--

"And then the dog said 'meow!'"

Jongin couldn't help but laugh at his own joke, his hyung furrowing his forehead finding the joke not so funny than what he had told him. They were finally done of their first tutoring session and were currently taking a break.

"Wow. I feel so happy, really," the elder sarcastically said, slurping his banana milk.

Jongin cringed at the horrible sound but Kyungsoo just slurped even louder to annoy him.

"Yeah, okay. Maybe another joke?"

"No, thanks."

"But, hey, this one's really funny, I swear!"

"Nah-uh. Now I know that you're bad at telling jokes."

"Fine," Jongin mumbled, getting up and turning on his heel to walk away from Kyungsoo.

"Hey, where are you going?" he heard his hyung yell.

He just continued walking, grinning to himself as he clutched the straps of his backpack.

"Yah! Jongin, wait for me!"

He just whistled to himself, his legs going further as he took big steps. "What? Did I just hear someone call me?"

"I said wait for me—"

He was suddenly pulled from behind and, before he knew it, Kyungsoo was already pinning him to a nearby tree. His hyung had his face distorted in anger and was panting hard.

"Don't you ever ing turn your back on me like that again!" Kyungsoo heaved, his chest rising and falling as he took deep breaths. He had his eyes set on the younger.

Jongin could only gulp as Kyungsoo's breath tickled his nose, his hands hanging on his sides lifelessly. From here, he could see his hyung's tiny freckles on his cheeks and the beads of sweat that were sliding down his chiseled face.

"I'm... I'm sorry, hyung," he muttered, staring at Kyungsoo and showing him his puppy eyes that he knew no one could resist.

The elder only blinked at the younger and covered his face with his good hand that wasn't pushing Jongin.

"Don't look at me like that again," Kyungsoo exhaustedly mumbled and let the younger go.

Jongin giggled, knowing that it had worked on Kyungsoo. "Sure, sure."

"Whatever. I'm going now. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, Kyungsoo-hyung! Take care!"

"Yeah, you, too."

He stared at Kyungsoo's back and chuckled at how small he looked from afar. He lifted his hands and tried to catch his hyung's retreating figure, chuckling at his stupid antics. He got something from his bag and a small blue notebook came into view. He leaned on the tree as he sat down, writing down things into the notebook with a smile on his face.

Tutoring Day 1

He's quite picky...

---

so I could be the first to catch you when you'd jump out from the windows of a human's soul