day

IMPERFECT

---

Together we would be ruling the skies and be bringing life to the sad clouds

---

"Oh, It's the duo!" a boy who was passing by in the library snickered at them who were sat on the floor, their books open on their laps.

" off, Jackson—"

Kyungsoo tried to stop Chanyeol from shouting inside the library so his friend just flipped their Chemistry classmate off.

"He's not worth it," he said, biting the inside of his cheek and flipping his book close. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

Another day, another same old insult.

What was new?

His friend just tutted and glared at him.

"They'll keep calling us that if we let them," Chanyeol told him and leaned back against the wall, still tutting.

"I don't give a ."

"Well, I do because it's not true!"

Kyungsoo did give a care. It was just that he had already been so immune from insults that they didn't affect him anymore. It seemed that those words being thrown at him just melted right in front of his cold eyes and never seemed to enter his senses anymore. He knew better than to make a fuss.

"Whatever. God, my arms hurt," Kyungsoo complained, flexing his arms and wincing at the unbearable pain he had gotten from too much dancing yesterday. If you could call it that, considering he was the one being controlled like a puppet and he really had not danced a tad bit. Maybe that was just the way he was; a puppet.

"We haven't even had P.E. yet," Chanyeol chuckled, eyeing the noticeable marks on Kyungsoo's wrists. He sighed and touched them lightly, earning a hard smack to his head from Kyungsoo.

"Hands off, Park!" Kyungsoo huffed and hid his hands behind him.

Chanyeol could only look at him sadly for a second, but he quickly rolled his eyes. He knew better than to pity him. He knew Kyungsoo wouldn't like that. If there was anything in the world Kyungsoo hated the most, it was pity. And he knew it for he had been friends with him since Freshman year.

"If you have been doing it again, Do, I swear I would happily volunteer to use my chainsaw of a set of teeth and cut you right here, right now," he said while smirking, threatening eyes on Kyungsoo.

The smaller one smacked him on the arm and rolled his eyes so hard he could see the inside of his head.

"Shut up, Chanyeol. You wouldn't 'cause you love me," he stuck his tongue out.

His friend could only chuckle.

"You know me so much."

"I ing do."

"That's why I love you."

"Oh, shut up, monkey ears."

--

It was lunchtime and Kyungsoo just got out of his Chemistry class. He headed straight to his locker to put his books back and was surprised to see Baekhyun leaning on it and staring down at his phone. Well, he was surprised to see someone who seemed to be waiting for him at least.

He cleared his throat once he got in front of Baekhyun. His cousin looked up surprised and grinned from ear to ear.

"Hey, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun casually said, putting his phone inside his pants' pocket. "What took you so long?"

Kyungsoo could only gawk at him, not really feeling very comfortable.

Why did his cousin want to see him anyway?

"You're b-blocking m-my... my locker," he stuttered, clearing his throat and looking down.

"Jeez, sorry," he heard Baekhyun say and saw his legs moving to the other side. Kyungsoo opened his locker to grab some books that would be used that afternoon so he could study them while he ate lunch.

He turned to his cousin who was still smiling like an idiot.

"Why are you here?"

Baekhyun scratched his ear and smiled cheekily, tapping his foot on the floor.

"Xiumin-hyung and the others are at the cafeteria already. We want to have a maths group study with you together."

Kyungsoo's lips twitched.

Had he heard him right?

They wanted to have a group study with him?

Were they out of their minds?

Kyungsoo knew himself that they might have just been joking around because he was just too dumb to even answer some basic maths. He was lucky he had clever Chanyeol by his side to help him live through his math classes. So it was impossible for his cousins to so suddenly invite him to a maths group study without a valid reason.

They are planning something, a voice in his mind told him.

Eyebrows furrowing, he glared at his cousin and mumbled, "Now why should I come with you? You could have been planning to trip me there and embarrass me in front of everyone."

Baekhyun could only gasp in disbelief at what Kyungsoo had said.

"Kyungsoo, why would you think that? Hey, you must not be feeling well, are you?"

Kyungsoo stopped Baekhyun's hand from touching his now sweating forehead, glaring daggers at him.

"I don't need your help, okay? Just leave me alone!" he shouted so loud at his cousin who only nodded in fear.

"Jeez, y-you're sick," Baekhyun stuttered and almost tripped on his feet as he turned his back on Kyungsoo, running through the hallways.

"What's wrong with you?"

Kyungsoo clasped a hand over his beating heart in shock after he heard someone talk behind. Turning around, he set his gaze on Jongin who was crossing his arms at him and cocking an eyebrow.

"Why are you here?" he almost shouted at the younger but thought better not to, clearing his parched throat. He mirrored him and stared at him with the same cold gaze he gave everyone.

Jongin continued to lift his eyebrow higher than before. "Why are you doing this?"

"What's it to you anyway?"

"Why are you pushing people away?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

"Well, why aren't you answering?!" Jongin now yelled, slamming a hand into the locker beside him that had Kyungsoo shutting up. Jongin's face was red in anger.

Kyungsoo silently thanked the heavens for there were only a few students in the hallway this time. He wouldn't want to be in more trouble any minute now.

"It doesn't matter anyway," he muttered, mostly to himself, and started to turn the other way, out of Jongin's sight.

He felt a bit bad for yelling at the junior but he had asked too many questions and that had made Kyungsoo angry.

He continued walking away, ignoring the younger's little "it does" behind him.

Because he knew better.

Jongin was just making him feel bad of himself even more. Heck, everyone was.

He should just stay away from him and the others.

They would just make him more ruined than he already was.

---

so they wouldn't have to shed their tears anymore