it

IMPERFECT

---

Our love was perfect

---

Kyungsoo grumbled at the heavy rain still pouring down on the streets and flooding them, drawing the curtains close. He'd got home an hour ago with Jongdae and Baekhyun coming with him. He'd been quite disappointed that Jongin hadn't been with them, but Baekhyun had told him that the boy might be attending a Math Club meeting earlier. And so that was what Kyungsoo had believed.

He sighed as he carded his fingers through his messy orange hair, looking up at the clock on the wall.

It was already 6:00 p.m. and his mother still hadn't arrived yet. If you asked him what she did, he could only shrug at you.

He was thankful now that the lights in their house were now back and brighter than ever, and the fridge was now full of food. He assumed that his mother had paid and bought everything. He could only sigh again as his eyes landed on one of the picture frames that were on top of the table in a corner. He thought of Seulgi and her toothless smile, feeling tiny pins start to prick his heart. He missed his sister very much.

His eyes started b with tears as he looked at all their framed family pictures hung on the walls. He'd already lost his father, then his sister. He didn't know what he would do if his mother left him, too. He could only shake his head as he sobbed.

A beep from his phone was what brought him back to his senses. Opening it, he read his mother's message that was telling him that she might come home late.

He understood.

Thunders rumbled and he found himself jumping from the couch to the carpeted floor in shock, clutching his beating heart.

He tightened his grip on his phone and an idea crossed his mind. He glanced at his phone screen, the corners of his lips tugging up into a smirk as he dialed a familiar number.

He hoped that the younger would pick up the call.

--

Jumping on his feet, he got to the door too excitedly as he heard someone knocking. He opened the door and saw Jongin on the paved doorway in a red Iron Man raincoat dripping with rain water. The younger was smiling at him, his two front teeth showing like a bunny's. Kyungsoo could feel his heart twitch at the sight. His cousin was just too cute.

"Good evening, Kyungsoo-hyung," Jongin greeted, polite as ever, still smiling wide.

Kyungsoo giggled at Jongin's politeness and pulled the boy inside, not forgetting to close the door as soon as the younger was in. He took the raincoat off Jongin and hung it on a coat hanger hung by the wall.

He faced Jongin who was just wearing shorts and a t-shirt and hugged him tight.

"I missed you so much, Nini," he whispered to the younger's ear, burying his face in the crook of Jongin's neck. He inhaled the boy's strawberry scent that had his insides tingling.

Jongin wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo and patted the elder's head.

"I missed you, too," the younger said with a smile.

"Hey, I have something to tell you."

"What is it hyung?"

"Catch me first."

And Kyungsoo started to run fast upstairs and to his room, ignoring Jongin's shouts from behind him. He giggled as he got to his room and dove into his bed, covering himself with his vanilla-scented sheets. Without the giggling, this was an act all too familiar to him. But this time, it was a happy one so he just shrugged the thought off.

He heard loud footsteps coming nearer and Jongin's cute imitation of a monster's growl that had Kyungsoo giggling even more.

He then screeched like a little girl when the covers were pulled away from him and Jongin was now tickling him.

"Oh, my— p-please stop— hahaha— wait... that t-tickles!" he tried to utter words while laughing like an idiot as the younger attacked his sides, kicking his legs in the air.

Jongin straddled him while gripping his arms to the bed.

"Well, well. What are you gonna tell me now, hyung, huh?" the younger asked, having the chance to finally pin Kyungsoo to the bed, his bangs falling over his eyes.

Kyungsoo just looked at Jongin in shock, realizing that their faces were just mere inches from each other, their breaths already mixing. He felt his cheeks burn at their weird position.

--

Looking down at his hyung underneath him, staring at Kyungsoo's brown eyes, Jongin's breath hitched. He found himself gulping at the sight of Kyungsoo already sweating and puffing small breaths, feeling a warm sensation from inside his stomach.

This picture was exactly what he always thought every night on his bed. And now, it was real and it got him going insane. He couldn't believe it. He wanted to slap himself to see if this was real or if he was just dreaming. But, no. This was really real.

"I... I love you, Jongin," the elder said, staring straight at his eyes, biting his lip afterwards as if he was afraid that the younger might reject him.

Jongin's eyelashes fluttered as he blinked, not quite believing what he had heard.

"W-what? Pardon?" he asked, lips slowly forming a teasing smile.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. And before Jongin even knew it, the elder was already pulling his arms back and pulling him to his body.

Jongin fell on the his hyung's body with a small squeak, but that was already forgotten when Kyungsoo brushed his soft lips onto the younger's wet ones. Jongin instantly caught up with him, fighting for dominance by trying to push his tongue inside the elder's mouth. Kyungsoo complied and opened his mouth just a bit for the younger.

Jongin's heart started racing fast as Kyungsoo put his hands under his shirt and explored his body with it. The younger gasped, and when he did, it was Kyungsoo's turn to delve into his mouth. Jongin gripped the elder's hair as he felt their tongues clashing and he heard Kyungsoo moan, sending him shivers southwards.

They stopped just in time to catch their breaths, limbs tangled with each other, hairs messed up, sweating, lips swollen.

Jongin just stared at the beauty in front of him that was Kyungsoo, lying himself comfortably beside him. The elder winked at him that had his stomach flipping inside out.

"Do you even know that you look so hot right now?" Kyungsoo asked, his lips as he set his gaze on Jongin.

The younger's face flushed, but he ignored it anyway.

"Do you even know that you do, too?" he replied at Kyungsoo with a smirk.

"I don't."

"Hmm? Well, I don't, too."

The elder chuckled, eyes crinkling.

"You look so cute, Nini."

Jongin smiled sweetly at the mention of his nickname and was surprised when the elder leaned close to him. He shut his eyes close. He felt Kyungsoo's eyelashes tickle his cheek.

It was a butterfly kiss.

And then he felt a peck on his nose, then on his cheeks, and lastly on his lips which lasted a bit longer than the others.

He finally opened his eyes to meet Kyungsoo's that resembled half moons.

"I love you, Jongin," the elder said, the solidity of it had Jongin's mind spinning and his insides bubbling with what one could call bliss. It had the boy clinging onto the words like it was a promise.

"I love you, too, Kyungsoo-hyung," he replied, embracing him into a hug, placing Kyungsoo's head underneath his. The elder hummed and giggled, tracing circles onto his chest.

"Hyung, what are we?" he asked the elder.

It was bound to happen anyway. If Kyungsoo wasn't going to ask him those, then he would be the one to spill them. And now, he finally had.

He didn't know what they were, but he was sure of what he was feeling towards the elder.

He felt Kyungsoo's fingers stop in their tracks. The elder now wriggled under him, moving upwards to face him. Kyungsoo's fingers lightly kissed the younger's cheeks as he stared at him.

"We can be anything you want," the elder said, smiling at Jongin, pinching his cheek.

Jongin studied him for a moment, smiling.

"Anything?" he asked again.

"Yes, my boy."

"Like, anything?"

"Yes."

"Well, I just want us to be... us. I don't care what we are anymore, hyung."

"What do you mean?"

"All I care is that I am Jongin and you are Kyungsoo. And we love each other."

The elder seemed shocked for a bit, but he smiled nonetheless.

Jongin mentally took a picture of that smile again and it was his to keep forever. His heart stopped for a bit as he thought of never seeing that smile again, but he brushed the thought away as he glanced back at his smiling cousin.

"You should always do that, hyung," Jongin said, pointing at his hyung's lips. "It suits you. It looks good on you."

Kyungsoo just smiled even wider, eyes turning to crescents again.

"I will, Jongin," the elder replied with a giggle. "For you."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

Then Kyungsoo climbed onto his back, giggling.

"Hey, hyung. Let's take a picture!"

And Jongin was already pulling his phone out and facing the front camera towards them, clicking the red button in the middle to capture them.

"Hey, I wasn't even ready!" Kyungsoo complained, lips jutting out, huffing like a kid. He went back to lying beside the younger.

Jongin just laughed and took a picture of the elder, Kyungsoo trapping him in his arms for a tight hug.

"Hyung?" the younger perked under Kyungsoo's chin.

"Yes?" The latter asked.

"If you were a butterfly, I'd want to be the wind."

Jongin smiled to himself and craned his neck to face Kyungsoo. He took this moment to study his hyung's perfect features.

The elder hummed and asked, lifting an eyebrow, amused, "Why?"

Jongin just shrugged a shoulder, forcing a smile, gulping down the pain in his throat, blinking back the b tears in his eyes.

"So I could fly with you."

---

But why were we not?