Chapter 7

I'll Protect You (A Sequel to One More Chance)

Suju Dorm

EeTeuk POV

I miss her already. It has been 9 days that we don't meet each other. Ya, I'm counting. We do talked to each other at night through phone. But, still I want to see her beautiful smile in front of my eyes. I want to see the childish amd dorky Taengoo inside the matured TaeYeon. I want to hold her in my arms. I want to shower her with my love. I really can't wait for our date. To meet the love of my life. 

"Hyung, a date with TaeYeon?" Henry asked me. He is been here for a few days. He told us that he miss us. He also dragged ZhouMi here. I can't say dragged. ZhouMi also love to sleepover. But, I do love it when they are here. More bonding time together. As I'm not Suju-M with them. But, Suju-M is still Suju. So, I'm still their indirect leader. I need to treat them well also. 

"Who told you?" I asked him. "No need, hyung. Seeing you smiling brightly, I know immediately what is in your mind." Henry said already landing on my bed, hugging my pillow. I just shrugged. Am I that see-through? "I need to go now. Just make this dorm yours. You can take my clothes if you want. But, as always not the white sweater." I said before leaving him. "Ara hyung, ara. Just have fun." Henry shouted to me already planned to sleep on my bed. 

When I walked past living room I can see ZhouMi with HeeChul. I can see that HeeChul is teaching uri ZhouMi Suju's thing. Imitating. Imitating each and everyone of us. "Hyung, I can't kiss you. You are just too woman." ZhouMi said while laughing. "That's why I'm the Cinderella that Super Junior and ELF proud of. Come. It is also Suju's thing." HeeChul said already pointing to his cheek. I just shaking my head. Super Junior never fail to make me happy and live. I can never get enough of them. Even, they give me trouble all the time.

SNSD Dorm

TaeYeon POV

I dress prettily in front of the mirror. I miss him so much. He really has the effects on me. It has been about 9 days without seeing him in front of my eyes. I miss to hug him. I miss his angelic voice when we talked. I can daydreaming just by listen to his voice. I miss our own little world. I miss his eyes when he looked through me. He is my everything now. And I hope, for always. 

Ice Cream Shop

EeTeuk POV

I'm here quite early. Am I that excited? For my Taengoo, it is for sure. I can't wait for her to feed me her strawberry ice cream. It must be so delicious. She really has the power on me. I'm smiling just with the thought of her. 

"Oppa!" she called me and touched my back. "I miss you so much. You make me wait, Tae..." I can't even finish my words. I'm shocked that even if bugs fly into my mouth I will not even realised. "Are you waiting for someone? I'll sit here. Oppa! I miss you so much." she said to me. I am trying my best to smile and overcome from my shock. 

"Teukie oppa! Err.." Taengoo excitedly calling me before stutter. "Kang SoRa-ssi. You are here. Long time no see." Taengoo greeted SoRa. "Your favourite dongsaeng is here too. You are prettier now TaeYeon-ssi. You seem more matured." SoRa said. "You are as pretty as always." Taengoo said while smiling. But, I feel uneasy with her smile. Her smile this time making my heart shrink. 

"Oppa! This shop has new flavored mint ice cream. You should try it. I'll get it for you. TaeYeon-ssi, what flavour do you want?" SoRa said excitedly. "Vanilla." Taengoo answered. SoRa already leave us to get the ice cream. "Taengoo-yah. Are you okay? It is just coincidence, I swear. I'm also shocked to see her. I was waiting for you and she just appeared." I tried so hard explaining to ensure she is not hurt. "Gwenchanna, oppa. No need to be guilty. I trust you." Taengoo said and smiling. She hold my hand to comfort me. 

"Here is our ice cream." SoRa shouted excitedly. Taengoo pull her hand off from mine in hurry. "Kamsahamnida." Taengoo said and smiling. This ice cream is really . I can't even finish it. I can see that Taengoo also can't finish her vanilla ice cream. I wonder why she ordered vanilla ice cream instead of her favourite strawberry ice cream. Did she feels the same as me when I eat strawberry ice cream? That it will only be tasty if she is the one who feed me. I just looked at her while thinking about us. "Oppa! Oppa?!Oppa, not delicious?" SoRa asked me after she called me a few time as I'm zoning out for a while. "Sorry, I'm not here for a moment. This ice cream? Just not suited my taste buds." I answered her. 

"Wait! Did you guys dating now?" SoRa asked us. I want to answer her to let her know the truth. "Ani. We are now trying to build our oppa-dongsaeng relationship. We are being awkward with each other these last years. You know, I'm busy with my Japanese debut, and then oppa enlisted. Just that." Taengoo already answered before I can. I really want to tell SoRa the truth. I don't want to make fool of her heart. I've done it before and I don't want to repeat that. I don't want her to put any hope on me. She needs someone that can solely love her by his heart way more better than I can do for her. 

"Then, I have chance right oppa? I really miss you oppa. SiWon-ssi might be charismatic. But, your caring side made it easier for me to fall in love with you." SoRa said to me without even cared about Taengoo. I can see Taengoo's expression changed. I tried to hold her hands under the table. But, she immediately puts her hands on the table avoiding my touch. I'm sure she is now holding everything up by herself. Which really killing me inside. I really want to comfort her now. To hug her here and then. 

Taengoo's phone rings. She answered her phone. "Yoona." she mouthed. "Mwo?! Fany. Just wait!" Taengoo said on the phone. "Oppa, SoRa. Just continue your conversation. I need to go now. Tiffany is here visiting us. So, I need to meet her now before she leaves." Taengoo explained. "Do you want me to accompany you? I haven't meet Tiffany for a long time also." I said as I want to get rid from this situation. "Ani, oppa. Just stay here with SoRa. We have too much girls' stuffs to catch up." Taengoo said. Taengoo just leave us there. 

"SoRa, mian. I have something urgent and important to do. The bills on me. Nice to meet you again." I said before she can start our conversation. I can see her expression change. But, I can't let her puts anymore hopes on me. I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to break her heart into pieces. 

TaeYeon POV

I admitted that I'm not ready for all this. To meet SoRa again. To swallow all the moments. I know that there is nothing I can do. I thought that choosing vanilla ice cream will make me feel closer to Teukie oppa as vanilla is his favourite ice cream. But, I forgot that vanilla ice cream will only be tasty if he is the one feeding me. Now I'm heading to my dorm. I know when I'm with my members or Suju oppa I'll be happier.

SNSD Dorm

TaeYeon POV

"Have fun with Teuk oppa? You leave your wife for your future husband. I got this, I got this." Fany said already want to sulk. "Aigoo~ I miss my wife. I left him for you. How have you been doing now? Your album?" I asked Fany. "It is a blast! Sica send her regard. She really want to come here. But, something comes up." Fany said. I really miss Sica. I know I'm not being a good friend to her. I'm too deep in my depression that I've ignored her. She is now already forgiven me and we do keep in touch. 

"How is she now? Not in fashion or her album. I know it is a blast." I asked Fany. "Actually, she is not really fine. She already broke up. And even when they are still together, she is not fully in happiness. She is not being herself. She needs to pretend because he can't really accept the Icy Sica." Fany explained. I know she is happier with DongHae oppa. When we are still together with Teukie oppa and DongHae oppa I can say that we are the most happiest and prettiest girls in the world. 

Before I can even say so much more, Fany's phone rings and I can see "Henry My Love" appeared on her phone. "I only know one Henry and don't say he is the same Henry." I said just to . She is blushing real hard. She answered her phone away from us. "Someone already got new future husband. And already leaving her husband here." I shouted to . I just laughed.

Suju Dorm

EeTeuk POV

"Ya! Why are you like this? Something happened? Usually you'll be happier after your date. But, not now." HeeChul asked me. "I'm waiting for Taengoo. Then, SoRa appeared from nowhere. Both Taengoo and me are shocked to see her. SoRa still hoping on me. And I can see that Taengoo is keeping all her feeling up inside. That's killing me inside." I spill. "Need my help? I can meet her and comfort her for you. You know you can count on me." HeeChul suggested. "Ani. She is mine now. I'm the one that need to comfort her. But, that's what made me hurt even more. She don't see me as a figure that she can leans on like before. I'm not her ears and shoulders anymore. I miss that moments when she tell me everything without hiding anything." I spill more. He just patted my back to comfort me. "Give her time." HeeChul said. I just nodded. "Wanna go drink with me? You can share everything." HeeChul asked. "Ani. I have something important to do tonight." I said.

SM Building

TaeYeon POV

Here I am. I can't control myself from looking for him whenever I feel sad. I want to spill everything. I can't hold everything by myself. Fortunately, I have him. After about 30 minutes trying to rest myself, I knocked the glass divider. He knocked back. He is here. Lately, our telepathy worked. He do know when I'm down or when I'm happy. As if he is always by my side to know when I need him.

"Are you okay?" he wrote. "I have a date with Teukie oppa. I was very happy to meet him. I want him to feed me the tasty vanilla ice cream. I want to see his angelic dimple smile. I want to listen to his beautiful soft voice that can bring me to our own little world. I'm so excited to meet him since we not seeing each other for 9 days. Maybe it is only a short time for you, but not for me. Unexpectedly, SoRa is there with him. I admit that I'm not ready to meet her. It is killing me inside to watch how happy she is meeting Teukie oppa back. She want to fight for oppa's heart back. I can see that. I can see that she still love Teukie oppa." I spill everything out.

"Then, what did you do seeing them that way? Pulling her hair? Warns EeTeuk hyung? Pours drink on her head? Too much drama? Hahah." he wrote. I laughed.  "Not them. Her. I trust Teukie oppa. I've done... Nothing. Why should I do that? Teukie oppa can still be a nice hyung to BaekHyun. Why I can't? I just smile and let them be together. I'm courting him after all. He is done enough for me even I'm the one courting him. I should just accept even if he done more with SoRa. He has the right because I'm courting him. He can just ignore my feeling." I spill more. 

"Then, do you feel better? Or do you pretend all day long that you are okay seeing them together, holding your feeling by yourself?" he wrote. "Am I that see through? Yes, I admit. Teukie oppa taught me that love is unconditional. Even, people treat us badly or if that someone snatched our beloved one we still can still forgive and love them. But, why my heart is not big as him to do that? Why I'm feeling this way? I should be grateful that he give me the One More Chance. I should be grateful that he still put my feeling first. He is way too good for me." I spill while crying so hard.

"That's why I say that you need to be honest to him. If you need to cry just cry on his shoulders, in his hug. You can't hold this alone. Pretending that you are okay. If he really love you, he will not feel burdened by your problems, your worries that you hide from him. And you. If you really love him, you should put your whole trust in him. Show your everything to him." he wrote. He is shoving everything in front of me making me cry harder. I can't deny anything from him.

"Don't you want to listen to me? You've promised me to be my ears to listen to everything from my heart. I feel more comfortable sharing with you instead of him." I said. "I will never break my promise. But, I'm only your ears. You need ears and shoulders to comfort you. I'll be here as long as you need me. Hold my words." he wrote. I know he will really stick to his decision to be someone invisible to me. I respect that. He really wants the best for me without even want anything as a reward.

EeTeuk POV

I'm right about her feeling. Seeing her being so down like this making me frustrated. I can't be someone she can rely on anymore. I want to hold her, I want to comfort her. But, she don't even wanted to show her tears in front of me. I feel so useless. What is the different of me from anyone else? Me and BaekHyun is just the same. Only can see her smile but not her tears. How can I break the wall she built between us. Help me! I'm not strong enough to see her pretending to be happy in front of me. I'm not strong to know that she is crying so bad inside even she is with me now. I'm not able to protect her. I cry a river behind the glass divider.