Chapter 12

I'll Protect You (A Sequel to One More Chance)

Suju Dorm

EeTeuk POV

I'm trying to sleep. But, maybe I'm too nervous thinking about tomorrow that even I closed my eyes I still can't sleep. I know that I can't show that I'm weak in front of Taengoo. I should be strong enough for Taengoo to lean on me. I took my phone and intend to call Taengoo. But, I just texted her. "Good night, jagiya. Dream of me." that what I texted her. "You too oppa. Don't you ever dream of any other girl. Can't wait for tomorrow. I trust everything about you, Teukie oppa. I know we'll fight this together." Taengoo replied to my text. I just smiling and easily fall asleep.

Next Morning

EeTeuk POV

I'm in my car waiting for Taengoo in front of her dorm. I can see her waving to me. "Anyeong oppa. I miss you." Taengoo said and kiss my cheeks. "Me too, my dear Taengoo." I said and smiling. "Finally, I'm right." Taengoo said while taking the couple necklace that she gave me before that I hung at the rear mirror. "I think that I've seen this. But, you hide it before right oppa?" Taengoo asked me. "Neh, I've hide it last time I drove you." I answered her. "Later, if everything settled we'll wear it again forever. Promise me?" Taengoo said to me. "Promise!" I said. "So, oppa. Are you ready for the first step?" Taengoo asked me. "Sort of." I answered her. "You sound like lack of confident." Taengoo said before giving me a peck on my lips. "Taengoo, I'm driving." I reminded her. "That's why I just gave you a peck. If I'm not thinking that you are driving I'll give you a real kiss, you know. But, I think that's enough to give you confident. Enough or not?" Taengoo asked me. "Hmm, I admitted that my confident is back." I said. I love to sew that she do acknowledge that I'm not strong enough to face this. That I still need her to give me strength even that I'm the one that she put her trust to lean on.

Finally, we arrived at her family's house. "Hyung! I miss you!!!!" JiWoong shouted already hugging me. "Neh, I miss you too my dongsaeng." I said replying his hug. "Oppa, don't treat him like that. Later, he'll become annoying." Taengoo said to me. "I just treat him like my 14 other dongsaeng. No worries, I still love you more." I said. I can see her blushing. "Eomeonim, abeonim. How are you?" I asked while bowing. "We are fine, EeTeuk-ssi." they answered. We then gathered in living room. 

"Eomeonim, abeonim. I think that you all already know why I am here today. I really love your daughter. I never stop loving her. So, I really want to make her my wife for the rest of my life. I need your blessing. But, as you know I have a bad family history. I aware that it will stain Kim's family name. But, I do love TaeYeon with all my heart. I promise that I'll protect her and I'll shower her with my never ending love. I will make your daughter happy until her last breath. I'll never let her smile fade or making her faking a smile. I'll protect her with my life forever." I said to them already on my knee. I can see Taengoo is already tearing up.

"EeTeuk-ssi, I do think about my family name a lot. Everytime, the first thing I will evaluate is family history, family background. I'll might be reject you as my son in law. But, what is a family name is, if TaeYeon is not happy. From the first time I met you, I know that you are the person that had made my daughter happy. And it is still you that have the power to make her happy again. So, what is more can I ask for to make my daughter happy, son." TaeYeon's omma said to me. " Son, I'll trust my daughter to you. And I realised that from the first time I met you, son. I know you can make her happy till the end." TaeYeon appa said to me. "After this, just call us appa and omma. Park Seobang." omma said. Both appa and omma already hugging me. "Gomawo appa, omma." both Taengoo and me said in unison and crying. 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

9 March

TaeYeon POV

I'm hoping for Teukie oppa to call me since last night. But, I sleep without any call from him. Thankfully. He asked me for a date at our favourite ice cream shop. But, I bet he don't even remember my birthday. Maybe he already forgot since it has been years since we both celebrated it together. 

As I waiting for him in the ice cream shop, I try to remember each birthday I've celebrated without him. Boring. Empty. Lonely. Faking smile. Depressed. As the words coming are just the negative ones, I called him. He is late for 5 minutes already. I puffed my cheeks. I blew my hair waiting for him to answer my call. "Oppa! Where are you? Forgot me already? I've rotten up waiting for you." I said annoyingly. "Wait! Where are you? Gosh! Wait! 5 minutes!" Teukie oppa said with shock. What! He did forgot my birthday and our date? Can I collapse here? 

EeTeuk POV

It is totally fun watching her from outside the ice cream shop. She is so cute puffing her cheeks and blowing her hair. She must be mad at me already. I try to hold my laugh. My phone vibrates. Taengoo called me. "Wait! Where are you? Gosh! Wait! 5 minutes!" I said pretending that I forgot our date. I count to five minutes and run to her. I pretending to pant in front of her. "Mianhe, Taengoo. Oppa really forgot. I'm asleep." I said. I can see her angry face.

TaeYeon POV

"Oppa! Are you already bored with me? Let us just cancel our date." I said already pissing off. "Sengil Chukhahamnida..." Teukie oppa sings for me. Some of the worker already holding a cake in front of me. They put the cake on our table then leave us. "Mian for not being the first one to wish you. I know there are lots of fans and other celebrities already wished for you." Teukie oppa said. I already tearing up. I really thought that he forgot my birthday and even our date. But, I'm totally wrong. He prepared all this. 

"Gomawo, oppa. Saranghae. Where have you been hiding?" I asked him. "There. Watching you talked to yourself, puffing your cheeks, blowing your hair. Kiyowo!" he said. I'm already blush. "Oppa~" I said shyly. "Now, blow the candles and make a wish." Teukie oppa said. "I just want Teukie oppa as a present for today, next year, next two years, forever and forevermore." I said. "Only that? Nothing else as a present?" Teukie oppa asked me. I just shake my head. "Because my birthday without Teukie oppa is dull, boring, empty, lonely, faking my smile, depressed. So, having you is more than enough." I said and smiling. 

"Even, you don't ask for any present except from me. I do have two presents for you. First, we already have couple necklace and couple earings. So, today I'll give you these couple rings. You can consider it as my proposal ring after we settled all these." Teukie oppa said while putting the ring on his pinky finger to my ring finger. It fit perfectly. "People said, if a ring fits a guy's pinky finger and a lady's ring finger they are match made in heaven. And my second gift is..." Teukie oppa said before leaning to give me a kiss on my forehead.

 

A/N

There are a few more chapters to go. Thank you for reading and subscribing. I do appreciate my readers and subscribers.