Chapter 13

I'll Protect You (A Sequel to One More Chance)

SNSD Dorm

EeTeuk and TaeYeon are having lunch together at SNSD dorm. They cook for SNSD members. They are actually having fun playing together in the kitchen. "Jagiya, can you teach me how to make your kimchi jjigae? I think that I already addicted to it." EeTeuk asked while backhugging TaeYeon. "Ani. I'll teach you something else. So, only me can make your favourite kimchi jjigae. How special I am!" TaeYeon said while smiling. "So, what will you teach me today?" EeTeuk asked and kiss TaeYeon's cheek. 

"Today, we will make Jangjorim and kimchi jeon! Stay with us!" TaeYeon said in MC tone. "Wow! Impressive. You are now better in MC-ing." EeTeuk praises TaeYeon. "Ani. I'll be better when.... I become your wife! Since, I'll listen to your MC for the whole day." TaeYeon said. EeTeuk laughs. "I bet you'll be bored listens to me MC-ing. You know I have MC-ing disease." EeTeuk said. "How can I be bored listening to your soft angelic voice? I'm melted by your voice, oppa. I envy your members because they can listen to your beautiful voice everyday." TaeYeon praises EeTeuk. "Your voice is better than mine. You can record your song in a go. Not like me. Only Suju song fit my voice." EeTeuk said. "Your voice is beautiful, oppa. Promised me that we will have many songs to sing together after we married. Can you write for us? People will recognise your beautiful voice." TaeYeon said. "As long as you guide me." EeTeuk said.

EeTeuk POV

After I finished eating together with SNSD members, TaeYeon and me just cuddle in front of television. I remember that she sound quite weird last night when she invited me to have lunch here. Actually, these whole week she looks weird. It is like she want to share something with me. 

"Teukie oppa~. Can I do something to you?" Taengoo said to me. "Will you be happy if I do that?" I asked. "Neh, for sure."  Taengoo said and smiles. "Then, your words are my command" I said. "You wait here, oppa." Taengoo said and left to her room. I am really curious right now. She comes with a big box of make up tools. "Are you sure to do this to me. You know I will be way too pretty even to be compared with you." I said hoping that she rethink about this. But, it didn't seems to work out. "Jebal, oppa. I really want to see how beautiful you are in front of my eyes." Taengoo pleads me. I'll never win with her. "Everything for you, jagiya." I said giving in. 

"Oppa! So beautiful and cute. Let's take a picture." Taengoo said and we took a few pictures together. She laughs but I know she is still holding up something from me. I turn TaeYeon to face me. "So, tell me what you are thinking? You seem to be thinking hard lately. Is that because Lee Soo Man saem?" I asked.

TaeYeon POV

I've been thinking hard regarding my future these whole week. It is like our hardship will never end. It seems like we will still be hurt at the end of our love story. I can't deny that my parents' blessing on our relationship is really a good start. I'm thankful for that. Teukie oppa really proved me that I can just lean on him. Let him solve the problem for me. But, there are more to go. What if we stumble upon the upcoming hardship? I can't lose him anymore. He is my pillar of strength now.

I just making up this make up session as to make me feel less burdened by all my thinking. But, he seems to read through me. He turns me to face him. "So, tell me what you are thinking? You seem to be thinking hard lately. Is that because Lee Soo Man saem?" Teukie oppa asked me. I'm happy to realise that I'm that transparent for Teukie oppa just like before. He can read through me just like before. I'm smiling on the thought of him. 

"Oppa. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do after this. About our future. We will be married. So, sooner or later we will still need to meet and explain everything to Lee Soo Man saem. I can see many singer, girls group especially will just left this career or just disband after they married. It is not that I love my singing career more than I love you. But... Aish. Molla!" I can't express my feeling. "Okay. What do you think of SNSD? Are SNSD just your medium for your passion in singing or what? Tell me honestly. I know how you love to sing. Yeah, you know your solo career are a blast. And many idols disband just to be a soloist. It is easier that way. Even if you are married, you still can continue your passion in singing." Teukie oppa are trying to clear my thought. To light my confused mind. I love how Teukie oppa puts all facts for me to think straightly. He always make it easier for me to decide. 

"As we all be together through thick and thin for years, I do value them more than a medium for me to sing. After many of them left, I know that I really need them not just like a member of SNSD. But, as a friend or family that I can rely on. That can make me happy just by looking at their behaviour and habits. I want to be with them forever. I value SONE that are always on my side, that are always trying to understand and support me. Even, if I'm doing a solo song I do feel empt and lonely without them. But, as I always think that I'm doing that for more people to know I am Kim TaeYeon from SNSD. And thats making me happier." I spill.

"So, that means that you still want SNSD together. That you really value SNSD more than just a platform for you to sing. So, that you still want to be part of SNSD even anything happen in the future. Yes, we had been witnessed that there are many idols that either just disappeared or just continue solo activities after they married. I know a married woman need to undergo many things. Pregnant, taking care of children, family. But, sometimes we actually can break the customs if we really have a define plan for our future. If we have our objective to fulfil. For example, we always think about how Chul will do with his bionic legs. We need him. We know that it is easier if he just continue as a soloist. Or just continue with his variety show. He totally can survive with that. He always think that he dragged down Super Junior's name. He know that we can do more extreme dance steps without him. But, our objectives are to still having him as a part of us and to let him recover from his bionic leg since it is getting worst. I can't afford to see him in pain. So, to achieve the objectives we do talk to Lee Soo Man saem. As a result, Chul is not really promoting with us. Not dancing with us even a single step. But, look. How he promoting our album in SNS. Really like a monster. Way more than us. He joined our SS just to play drums or other instruments. Just because he is still a part of us. Both objectives achieved. What I want to say here is that, it is not wrong to have a plan which is not yet done by others. It is not necessary to just follow what had been done by others. We have our own objective to be achieved. So, do you have any plan? Even if you think that are impossible. Just tell me." Teukie oppa explained. I can see that the future is easier by his explaination.

"Can I just still be a leader of SNSD after we married? I know that I'll get pregnant and I can't dance like them. But, still I want to be part of them. Maybe I can't dance with them when I pregnant. But, after that I still can. I still want to perform with them as a team." I spill even I don't really see a clear way. "I don't really sure if this will work. But, at least we tried to come up with a plan. I suggest that, you still be SNSD leader. But if that time comes when you are having our child, you maybe can just promoting in SNS or variety show to your fullest. I'll help with that also. And you still can sing with your cute tummy. You only can't dance. You also can focus more on your solo just like before. Maybe we can offer SM send us to family based variety show. With babies like that." Teukie oppa suggested. Oh my God! He is brilliant!

"Wow! Oppa! Gomawo! Saranghae!" I said and hugged him like no tomorrow. "Wait! Are free tomorrow?" Teukie oppa asked me. I'm thinking about my schedules tomorrow. "My schedules start at 2pm." I said. Teukie oppa took his phone out and dialling someone. "Lee Soo Man saem. Can I meet you tomorrow morning? I have something really important to discuss with you." Teukie oppa said on the phone. I'm shocked. This is too soon. I'm not ready enough.