Chapter 10

I'll Protect You (A Sequel to One More Chance)

Suju Dorm

EeTeuk POV

"Hyung!!!" DongHae shouted and hugging me. I can see he is just finished talking on the phone and smiling ears to ears. But, I can see he is also crying. Too happy maybe. "What did you guys said to Krys about Sica and me? Sica called me and asked for a date." DongHae explained excitedly. "Excited, huh? Then, why did you cry? I just said that you miss her. Krys said Sica feel guilty toward you. But, you seem to already forgave her. So, why don't she take the chance? Maybe because Krys saw that things worked out between Taengoo and me and thought the same for HaeSica." I explained. "Gomawo, hyung. Saranghae!!!" DongHae said before kissing my cheek. He left me in the living room and walked to his room smiling brightly.

Things get better for HaeSica, I think. But, not for TaeTeuk. We seem to be okay and still lovey dovey. But, I keep on thinking hard about what happened lately. About how Taengoo hold everything up to herself without even showing me that she is burdened by the situation. She showed me the happy Taengoo and hide her tears. What can I do to help her breaks the wall? After a few hours of thinking, I come up with a plan. I take my phone and send a message to someone. 

Next Day (Cafe)

EeTeuk POV

It is raining now. And rain already become our sweet memories now. I have a date with my beloved Taengoo. We just shared a strawberry milkshake together. We talked about some stuffs before someone that I've waited for joining us. "Oppa! We meet again. Must be destiny. I miss you!" she said. "SoRa, just order what you want. Bills on me." I said. "Again, oppa? You really like to spend on me, right? Don't spoil me too much." SoRa said while smiling. I can see Taengoo's expression changed. She is holding up her feeling. She played with her phone. Maybe thinking about an excuse. 

TaeYeon POV

We just had a very nice catching up before SoRa unexpectedly joining us. I don't get it. But, today Teukie oppa seems like welcoming her more than last time. Making me watch TeukSora moments which I never can watch emotionlessly. I'm scrolling through my phone hoping someone to call me or what. Just to escape from here before I burst here. As I can't really hold anymore of the moment, I just stand up. That's enough of it. "Mian oppa, SoRa-ssi. I have an errand to do now. I need to go." I said before running away from the cafe. I run to the park near our dorm that already witnessed almost everything about us in rain. Letting myself soaking in the rain. Crying hard.

EeTeuk POV

I need to reveal the truth. I can't let her putting any hope on me anymore. It is better to do it now before it is too late. "SoRa, I need to tell you the truth." I said while observing her reaction. She just nodded. "Actually, Taengoo and me are getting back together. Honestly, Taengoo and me had something like undeclared relationship before the WGM things. SM need to separate us. So, they send SNSD to Japan and me myself to Hello Baby with other girl group and also WGM with you. Hoping that we change our feeling. And they succeed. They made us become awkward.  But with everything that happened between us, we do hold the same feeling. I do admitted that I can felt the love with you. I'm not faking it. But, I'm really sorry. Before you putting anymore hopes on me I need to tell you this. That my love for Taengoo really can't be compared to anything in this world. She is my life before, now and forevermore. Jeongmal mianhe." I spill everything out.

"Finally, it is still her. I can never beat her just like before. I can see that your love is not just a brotherly love. I can see that she is your everything back then. I can see the same even for now. Silly me. I thought when there is no more TaeTeuk moments, I have all the chance. But, she is too powerful on you. Even if I do everything that I can, I'll never can be at her place in your eyes and heart." SoRa said while crying. She just left. 

I pay the bills. I run to find Taengoo. Fortunately, I see her at the park that hold our memories. She is crying and soaking in the rain. I walked toward her. I covered her. She look up to me. I offered my hand. "Let's go to my dorm. We need to talk. And I can't let you sick, my dear." I said while grabbing her hands. We walked to my dorm hand in hand.

Suju Dorm (Still EeTeuk POV)

"Just leave us in the living room. We have an important thing to discuss. Don't you ever bother us. I warn you." I said to my members. They just run to their rooms. I might be a nice leader for them who always listen to them. But, I know that they will be scared when I am in a serious mood. 

I sat Taengoo on the couch. I entered my room to get a towel for her. I also take some clothes for her to change. I get Taengoo at the living room and wipe her hair. "Go to my room and change your clothes. I've prepared some clothes for you to change. Then, we talk." I said to her. She just nodded.

TaeYeon POV

The serious Teukie oppa is quite scaring me. No wonder run like no tomorrow when he warns them. My heart beats fast when he wipes my hair. I'm melting on his love. I can see love, love and love in his eyes. When he instructed me in a serious way, I know I can't say anything to oppose him. I just changed to his white t-shirt that really smelled like him. I love it. I can live forever in his shirt. The smell is so additive. I smile smelling him on his shirt. I can't help to melt more seeing our photo together on his desk. 

EeTeuk POV

After about 15 minutes, she already in my t-shirt. It was big on her. But, she looks cute in my t-shirt. I gesturing her to sit beside me. I patted her hair and cupped her cheeks. "Taengoo-yah. Oppa mian. I admitted that I'm the one asking SoRa to join us." I said. I can see that she is shocked. "But, I did that just to be sure of your feeling. I know you are holding everything up by yourself. Jagiya, I really want you to know and remember that this One More Chance is not just for you to court me. It is way more than that. The One More Chancr is for both of us to bring back our beautiful memories. To make us feel comfortable just like before. But, I can feel that we are not like how we used to be. What am I before? An oppa that you love. An oppa that you love to talk to. To share all your problems. Your shoulders for you to cry on, your ears for you to talk to. But, why I don't feel the same for now?" I spill everything.

"Mian, oppa. I thought that I'm the one courting you. So, I'm the one who need to sacrifice. But, now that is you that protecting me. I feel like I'm a burden to you everytime I tell you my problems." Taengoo spills out. "Burden? Jagiya, when you love someone solely by your heart you'll never feel that anything about the person us a burden to you. In fact, thinking for that person, solving her problems, being the one the she puts all trust to show her everything, become a life for you. That's how oppa feel toward you. Before, now and forevermore.You can talk to me. Don't you trust me anymore? Can't you see the love in my eyes? Don't you see that my eyes that looking into your eyes now bear the same feeling just like before? Can't you see that your smile bring me happiness? Can't you see that your ahjumma laugh brings me to our own little world?" I spill more.

"Neh, oppa. I do believe in you. I feel the same. Your love for me make me feel in ectasy. Your angelic dimple smile bring me happiness. Your high pitch laugh bring me to our own little world." Taengoo said while crying. She is sobbing hard in my embrace.

"Now, can you put all your trust on me again? Telling me all your worries, all your problems. Let me do everything for you. Let me solve all your problems. Let me make you happy. I'll Protect You for now and always. I'll meet your family to discuss about our marriage. I'll talk to Lee SooMan saem, not his assistant anymore since this is a serious matter. We'll held a press conference. If fans want to bash, let them bash me. Not you. I'll not let that to happen. I'll Protect You. I'll answer them for us. Because I love you with all my heart. I'll shower you with my never ending love. Will you accept me? Will you let me be the one that you can lean on for one more time?" I said. 

"Gomawo, oppa. Saranghae." Taengoo said and hugged me tighter. "So, let us have our dinner together tonight?" I asked her. "Neh, oppa. Urmm. Wait! No. I really have an important thing to do tonight. Can we postponed it tomorrow night? Jebal, oppa" she pleaded me. "Anything for you, jagi." I said giving in. I kiss her forehead while she is still in my embrace.