Kento, the student president.

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

"I can do it".


I said to myself this morning. I stretched my arms widely, enjoying the view of the evening blue sky. The whole day was the same as usual except I didn't have someone to talk to.


"The air on the rooftop is the best", I muttered, inhaling the fresh air.


As I was strolling around the rooftop, the creaking sound of rusted door was heard. I looked at the figure appeared through the door. Kento. He smirked at me. I just glared at him. The class president closed the door behind him and pulled out a pack of cigarette from his pocket. The heck. Ignoring him, I stayed as far as I could and pinched my nose. I really hated the smell of smoke. I really wanted to leave the rooftop but he already started lighting up his cigarette in front of the door. Damn it. 


My phone suddenly ringing. I was startled a little bit. Rawoon?


"Hello Rawoon-ah?", I answered.


"Jian-ah?? W-why your voice sound like that?"


"Ah, I pinched my nose. Someone is smoking nearby--", I replied, sneaking a glance at Kento. The guy just made no sense the situation and continued smoking "--But.. Did you catch a cold?".


"No. Perfectly fine. Why did you ask that?", he said again.


"Then why did you keep sniffing like that. Stop doing that. It's really disturbing", I hissed a little. He just laughed on the other side. "--Why did you call anyway?


"Come to the playground tonight. I need to talk to you", he asked. I just agreed and hung up the call. Rawoon sounded a bit off. Did something happened?


As I was turning around, I was surprised by the face of Kento an inch away from me. Did he just eavesdropping my conversation on the phone. Since when? I hissed between my teeth. 


"Kento, by chance-- I don't want to make thing awkward between us .. just--"


"We are already A-W-K-W-A-R-D", he cut my word, chuckling synastically.


I clenched my teeth and continued, "Do you like me?", I asked him boldly. 


His mouth was agape with shock. "What!!"


I laughed at his reaction. "If not then forget it", I said before walking off the rooftop. 


"Hey", he stopped me and gripped my wrist tightly. I looked at him nervously. 


He curled a smirk on his corner lip. "If I confess, will you go out with me?", He asked, staring deeply into my eyes. 


I huffed in disbelief. What is his deal? I was about to say something when someone came to the rooftop. A pretty lady. She was in the same grade as me but in the other class, if not mistaken.


"K-kento. What are you guys doing?". Her eyes fixed on our hand. She frowned. Well Kento was gripping my wrist tightly. I brushed his hand away and walked down the rooftop quickly. Ugh.