Our Last Chapter

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

A year later.

The wind was blowing gently, touching our skin. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The sound of the waves pounding the shore played a soothing melody. 


"You know what--", I started our conversation after awhile. 


"Uhm", he replied.


"-- you always talk about her even when she is not around", I looked at him with a bright smile on my face.


He seemed flustered by my words. 


"-- You don't have to say anything. It's obvious.", i added. I stepped several pace ahead. 
He chuckled awkwardly.


"What are you talking about? Nonsen--"


"That's alright.. Just--don't make it obvious when we're together..", I told him, walking towards the shore. 


Removing my sandals, I began walking into the shallow water. "It's refreshing", I kicked the water gracefully.

As I was playing with the water, Kento approached me and started snaking his arms around my body, hugging me from behind. We stayed like that for a few minutes, without breaking the silence. 


"Yesterday.. where are you-- I tried to call you several time", I asked him. He flustered by my sudden question. 


He unwrapped his arms, turned me around and rested his hands on my shoulders. "--You know already right. I'm busy at the auditorium. Mr. Choonbae asks me to help him fixing the bulb and -- we also prepare for the final touch up. Tomorrow is our graduation", he said softly, squeezing my shoulders. 


My face shone with a weak smile. "So you are with her", I replied with a tone filled with jealousy. I brushed his hands away.


Gathering my thoughts, I stared deep into his eyes. "Yesterday-- it's my birthday", I blurted bluntly.

Again, he was flabbergasted and lost his words. 


"우리 .. let's break up", I added. 


Silence. He gasped in disbelief. We still stared into each other. I pulled out our couple ring from my finger and put it in his palm.


I sighed with a small chuckle. "I was afraid that you'll dump me first. Now that I say it first, I feel better. You both, really like each other. I saw you flirting with her--", I said again with a fake smile on my face. "--let's pray for each other happiness. And .. don't you dare to hurt her. She is my friend's sister". I walked off the sandy beach, leaving him in his thoughts.

If you ask me why. "Because I love him". Even though it is not my happiness, their happiness is mine too.