Joon, the wise.

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

As soon as the elevator door opened, I ran outside and rushed towards Rawoon's room. I could see Aunt Eunbyul was crying at the chair outside the room. Ray was comforting her. We looked at each other for awhile before I stepped weakly into the room. Rawoon was sleeping there, on the comfy white bed. The life support machine showed his steady hearbeat. But. Brain dead. The doctor just announced his condition as brain dead half a minute ago. 


I paced towards the bed step by step. "Rawoon-ah....", I called him.


I held his hand tightly and finally my tears burst infront of him. "I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry.. ", I felt so terrible seeing him in the comatose state. If only I can comfort him more. If only I understand him more. If only I was there faster. Why didn't I foresee this. We just saw each other two days ago. Why?? 

 

"Jian-ah". Joon approached me from behind. He arrived later this morning from Busan. His flight was delayed again. 


"Joon-ah, Ra-Rawoonie -- What should we do?--",  I said in between sobs. He pulled me towards his chest and patted my back softly.


"Hey hey. Stop crying. Rawoon put a lot of effort to still stay with us-- even at this state. We should be thankful at least. Don't cry in front of him. He will be sad if he see you like this. Alright Jian. Shushhhh", he calmed me down. His wise words always helped me a lot, as always.


Kento was at the door, still confused with the situation there. He just stayed there for a while before walking off the hallway.


Everyone was already there. Our parents too. I walked out of the room to get some fresh air when I saw Kento was sitting at a corner. You are still here? S-sorry I really forgot about you, I apologized, approaching him.


"Here", he gave me a cup of coffee.
"Thanks--", I told him and took the coffee. "S-sorry. You skip the class because of me."
"Nah, thats okay. I can understand that much", he smiled warmly. 

I inhaled deeply, sipping the warm coffee slowly. 

He.. He is a good friend of mine, I opened up to him. Last night Im the one who first discovered him. He drugged himself--”, I stopped. My voice wavered a bit at the last sentence. thats it.

"Oh Kento?", a voice called out the slender guy name. Both of us looked at the blue-hair guy standing not too far from us. Jay, Kento replied. He must be surprised to see the school president here. 

“He did a favor to me. He give me a ride here, I told Jay. He just nodded, trying to understand the situation. Well both Kento and me never talked to each other before and we didnt like each other too. Maybe thats why Jay felt a bit weird seeing him talking with me just now. And me, asking Kento for a help was a no-no.

Kento cleared his throat. "Well, since your friends already here, I'll get going then. See you later tonight. I'll get your stuff at school", he spoke up before walking off to the elevator. I just gazed his figure until he disappeared behind the elevator door. Jay was judging me the whole time. He just curled a small unnoticeable smile.