Our First Starry Night

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

"Get on", he instructed me as soon as I arrived at the main entrance. I was bewildered for a moment before knowing I just agreed and took the helmet he gave me. He gave me my bag. I put it on my back and get on the bike. Then we left the hospital compound.


The breeze was so refreshing, I closed my eyes while enjoying the night ride. My hands held on his shirt tightly. We passed through the Hangang bridge. "It's good to be out here", I mumbled under my breath. I could noticed Kento's smile through the side mirror. 


Not long after that we arrived at a neighborhood, not mine. From here, the night view of the Seoul was in sight. It was beyond beautiful. I jumped off the bike and paced towards the cliff divider. He then joined me. I smiled at him. 'Thank you'. 


"B-but -- This is not my house. I thought you say you'll take me home"


"I didn't say I 'll take you there--", he made a suprised face.


I frowned, "What??". My eyes were as big as my mouth. 


He chuckled vindictively. "Hey, just kidding. I'll take you back later--". He smiled sheepishly and looked up "-- now let's just enjoy this. Hey look up. You can see the stars clearly here".


I raised my head and stared at the night sky. The stars was visible here. We stargazed for a few moments, in silence. The cool night wind blew across my face, blowing my hair in rhythm. 


"This feel great right?", Kento uttered some words, breaking the silence.


"Uhm, it's good", I replied curtly. "But Kento-yah.."


"Uhm", he looked at me.


"You are not trying to cheer me up right. That was so not like you", I continued, turning my head at him.

He was shocked by my sudden remark. He stammered, "W-what? No. I-I'm just tired -- r-riding the bike. That's why--".

"-Lame", I cut him. I laughed by his outburst. He also laughed. "Let's go. I'm all good now", he said again confidently. 


"Tsk tsk. Yeah right", I smirked at him.