The Pentagon

다크 라이트 (Dark Light)

"Morning guys!", Kangmin greeted cheerily. He walked into the classroom and sat behind Jay. I was still on the seat next to Jay. 


The guy in the grey hoodie showed us his phone screen. "Pretty right", he showed off. A picture of a new skateboard. Must have spend pretty amount of money to get one. But money ain't the issue for most of us. Our families were the Pentagon corporation. 5 major shareholders in 5 big companies. Foes became friends and friends became foes. This was the third generation of the companies. 


Beep. All our phones vibrated as a new notification was received. From Rawoon. 


The cloud will eventually covers the shining sun. Afraid not, I need to get away from the cloud. I'll never become the shining sun you wish me to bear. I'm sorry.


All of us stared on our phones' screen for quite sometimes, trying to analyze the message.
Rawoon always sent us daily poem. But today's poem was so not him. 


Beep. Beep. Another messages from the chat group showed up. Joon replied him. 

 

Worry not. Cloud is also part of our life. Sun should not be majestic at all time


As expected from Joon The Wise. Kang min then replied them. 


Guys you aren't in literature class. Stop using their languages. 


Dana also interfered.


Let them be. Maybe their school practice those poetry language. 


Rawoon and Joon were not in our school. Instead of studying at a common high school, they went to a top private high school. 


Jay just send a crying + smiley emoji 😂


As usual, I didn't reply in the group. Beep. Beep. The phone vibrated again. I got a new notification from Rawoon. Compared to others, I'm closer to him. Our house was just few blocks away.


My eyes was as big as my mouth. I was stunned by the last message. Without two think, I rushed to the end of the hallway. My locker was there. A card was attached on the locker.
😉
A wink emoji was drawn on it. I opened my locker. Gosh did he unlocked this. How dare you Rawoon. A small box attached with a small ribbon was put on top of the books. I smiled exuberantly.


"Secret admire huh?", a male voice was heard next to my locker. I startled a little. Kento. Our school president. Also my class monitor. We didn't really talk to each other's except for group or class works. 


I gave him a quick glare. I took the box, shutting my locker and walked off the hallway towards the classroom. 


As soon as I arrived class, I opened the box at my seat. Dana and Jay took a glance. Curiosity devoured them. I peek inside the box. A black bracelet. Gorgeous.


Dana wowed a little. She read the notes. "That's from Rawoon?", She finally opened . I shook my head. "His brother", I replied curtly. All of them burst into a laughter. 


"What? Seriously?", Kangmin laughed in disbelief.
"You already know he has a girlfriend right? We met them before remember?", now Jay spoke up. He chuckled a little.


I turned to them, making sure my body was facing them. "Come on guys. It's just a gift. And --", I showed them the bracelet. "-- about Ray's girfriend, that was like a year ago. They might already broke up. Chill"


Dana frowned a little. "You mean, you accept the engagement? Really Jian".
I smiled meaningfully. " No, but I'm considering it. Ray is nice too".


All of them grumbled. 


"Come on. It's a joke alright"


I chuckled softly and when I turned to the front, my eyes made an eye contact with Kento's. He took the seat in front of me. I ignored him and continued talking with Dana.