Chapter 3

Snatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung POV

Jungkook was back at work the next day, completely surprising Chaeyoung. Not only had he lost a crap ton of blood, there was no way he could be able to use that hand. With a cut that deep, he had to have some kind of nerve damage. Nevertheless, as soon as he arrived at his desk, he busied himself typing away at his keyboard, using mostly his right hand, while occasionally tapping a key with stiff fingers with his left. Chaeyoung also noticed that he sporting the same bandage she had wrapped around his hand yesterday. Despite faint bags under his eyes and a slightly paler look, he looked fine. At least, he didn't look like he was going to faint again, anyways.

Chaeyoung was utterly unproductive for the first hour of work, distracted by how the women in the office were throwing Jungkook pitiful glances, as if he were a wounded puppy in need of care. But the way he sat as his desk, slumped in his chair, hiding his eyes with his bangs- he was openly showing that he didn't want the attention. 

She had a sudden surge of emotions at the thought of yesterday's events. Jungkook had risked his life just to save her, a girl he barely knew. He could have easily just walked away and not have cared at all. After all, it was her fault for putting herself in that position by not being attentive. 

In a moment without hope, Jungkook was there to provide it. 

"Are you okay?" Lisa asked after seeing the blank look in Chaeyoung's eyes. Before Chaeyoung could wonder how her friend knew about the alleyway event, Lisa elaborated. "I mean, after what happened yesterday in the coffeeshop."

Chaeyoung had forgotten that that had only happened yesterday. It felt like so much had occurred since then, and in that time, that moment had been completely wiped from her brain. It took her a moment to remember what Lisa was referring to, "Yeah," she said after a while. "I completely overreacted, I dunno why. It was totally not your fault."

Lisa looked into her friend's eyes, and found nothing but sincerity, then nodded as if reassuring herself that she didn't completely ruined their friendship.

Suddenly, a loud yell sounded inside Bang SiHyuk's office. Before any of the employees had time to react, the man himself barged out of his room, almost breaking his door in the process. He stood there panting for a few seconds, almost as if he was building up the tension. All eyes were on him. He straightened up after realizing how unbusiness-like he was acting. Even after standing at full height, he didn't look like a very boss-like person. But she wasn't complaining. He was very fair, and very friendly to all the employees. 

"I've just struck the best deal in the history of deals," he began, so that everybody's ears began to perk up. "Bang SiHyuk Enterprises is partnering up with..." A few workers playfully drumrolled on their desks. "YG Enterprises!"

Nobody said a word, all with mouths hanging open. YG was one of the biggest companies in Korea, if not the biggest. How a small company such as theirs could land a partnership with such a legendary company was mind-boggling. "But..." he continued, keeping up the dramatic act. "There is a downside to this. Bang SiHyuk Enterprises will now have to be renamed to BigHit Enterprises. I know you're all sad. You can cry now if you want."

Many people had quiet fits of laughter, Chaeyoung and Lisa included. "Sounds like an upgrade to me," Lisa said, Chaeyoung bit her lip to keep herself from giggling.

Bang SiHyuk smiled warmly at the reaction. "So tonight, in celebration of this event, I'm hosting a party a few miles away from here." When he heard the groans about the distance, he shushed everyone. "Before you decide not to come, hear me out. Not only will there be free drinks on me, but you can bring a plus one and you get the day off tomorrow."

The office erupted into cheers and applause, some of the long-time employees going up to hug their boss. Chaeyoung's eyes drifted to the other side of the room, where Jungkook was. Namjoon whispered something in his ear and Jungkook's eyes immediately flicked away from his friend to meet hers. They averted their gazes simultaneously, and Chaeyoung felt butterflies in her stomach.

Lisa saw this and smacked her friend on the arm. "You better go," she said. Before Chaeyoung could even open to protest, Lisa said "If you don't go, I won't talk to you ever again."

Chaeyoung knew this was an empty threat, as the duo had been friends since elementary school. She normally didn't go to these types of events, as being surrounded by drunk guys wasn't very appealing to her. She had been around a drunk man, her father, enough to last her a lifetime. But this time, she felt as if something was different. Her eyes landed on Jungkook again, who had turned back to talk to Namjoon. No. There was someone different.

"Fine," she said to Lisa. "Pick me up at 8."

*

Chaeyoung tried to act pissed when Lisa showed up at her house two hours early, but she ended up being grateful instead.

She had bought a dress a few weeks earlier after window shopping with Lisa a few weeks ago, and she'd decided on wearing it today. Only to have Lisa barge in on her with a dress of her own that she wanted Chaeyoung wear.

Chaeyoung couldn't understand why Lisa wanted her to wear this particular dress so badly. It was nothing fancy, and it wasn't a revealing dress either. In fact, at first glance, it seemed as if Lisa wanted Chaeyoung to wear that dress just so she would be eclipsed by hers. Her friend wore a pink, lacy dress with unique designs cut into the top layer of material, allowing you to almost see her skin. The dress ended right at her thighs, showing off her perfect, slim legs. To top that off, the top of her dress was completely gone. The dress was strapless and shoulderless. The only thing stopping the dress from falling off Lisa's skinny body were six tiny strings on her lower back.

She looked absolutely stunning, and Chaeyoung felt an unreasonable pang of envy. How could Lisa be so flawless and y at the same time? You wouldn't want the attention her dress brings, anyways, she thought, trying to console herself. "Did Taehyung approve that dress?" she asked, trying to distract herself from her self-pity.

Lisa responded with a small chuckle. "No... but let's just call it... a surprise for him. Anyways, stop focusing on me. I'm here to give you a makeover."

"Are you calling me ugly?" Chaeyoung responded jokingly, knowing her friend didn't intend that in any way.

"Of course not, silly. You're the most beautiful girl I know." Lisa glared at Chaeyoung, who was about to respond. "But I'm going to make it so that Jungkook will never be able to take his eyes off you."

Chaeyoung interest peaked, and her eagerness was evident to Lisa. "Well now it's confirmed," her friend said. "You have a total crush on him."

Chaeyoung had walked right into that, and she was surprised at her own eagerness, as well. Why did she want to impress Jungkook so badly? He was just another guy at the office, right? But for some reason, the thought of him made her heart flutter in a way that both excited and scared her.

Lisa smiled at the look on Chaeyoung's face. "C'mon," she said. "Let's get that dress on you." However, even with Lisa's promise to get her Jungkook's attention, she was still hesitant about the dress.

She finally voiced her fears. "But it's just so... plain. I'll look like nothing next to you."

Lisa gave her a small smile in return. "I thought you'd say that. I won't tell you to 'trust me' this time, seeing how you had a flashback last time, but I have a feeling that you'll look amazing in this dress. And besides, you look a hundred times better than me any day of the week."

Chaeyoung sighed, still not believing her friend, but went along with it anyway. She stripped to her underwear, and didn't feel in the slightest way uncomfortable, since the two had known each other for most of their lives, and pulled on the white dress. She had some difficulty because the long sleeves were a bit too tight, but besides that, it was a very good fit. She looked at Lisa for a reaction, and her friend just stood there, mouth agape.

Finally, Lisa said something. "I knew I was good, but I didn't know I was this good."

Chaeyoung was perplexed. How could such a simple dress elicit such a reaction out of her friend? She had to be acting, right? She slowly made her way to her bedroom, where a full body mirror awaited her. And then she understood Lisa's reaction.

The first thing she noticed was her legs. Since she was pretty pale herself, the whiteness of the dress created a perfect balance, almost making it seem like her legs blended into her dress. The dress only reached her thighs, giving her the appearance of freedom, as she was able to freely move her legs. A dress going all the way down to her feet would have made her seem and feel constricted, as well as give her way too formal of a look for a work party. She couldn't help but admire her own body, the way her best features were accentuated. Her thighs looked luscious, her waist looked tiny, and her curves were more pronounced.

Chaeyoung hadn't noticed that Lisa had come into the room with her, waiting for feedback on the dress. "I love it," she said , her eyes watering for some strange reason.

"Not only that," Lisa replied, "but I bet Jungkook will love it, too. But I bet he'd love it off your body more, though."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened in shock. "We barely even know each oth-"

"Relax, I'm just joking around. He looks too innocent to get frisky with someone he doesn't really know. And if he even tried anything this soon, I'd kill him." Chaeyoung could tell she was serious. "But anyways," Lisa continued, in a complete change of tone, "it's time for makeup."

*

Jungkook POV

"Thanks for agreeing to be my plus one, Jimin," said Jungkook.
"No need to thank me, dude. Who doesn't love a party, anyway?" Jimin chuckled. "And free alcohol, too. Your boss is some kind of God, you know that?"

"Sure," Jungkook replied, not really agreeing or disagreeing. "Glad to see you again, anyways. It's been a while."

Jimin was another model from Jungkook's old company, and was the only one he had befriended. Jimin was a very likeable and happy guy with an undeniably cute face, which earned him the name 'Mochi'.

"It hasn't even been that long, dude," Jimin replied. "It's only been, like, two weeks since you left the company."

"I know. It's just that I missed bullying you, Mochi."

Jimin playfully slapped Jungkook on the back. "Don't call me that. Anyways, I know you wanted me as your plus one, but why did you invite me to your house? We could've just met up at the party or something."

"Well yea, I know that, but I need your help picking what to wear."

"Seriously, Jungkook? Did you turn into a girl in the last week?" Jungkook punched his friend in the arm, throwing him a threatening glance, to which Jimin backed away, laughing. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I'll help you. What kind of look do you want to go for? Fancy? Casual? y?"

"Definitely not y. Your version of that word would mean just going without a shirt."

"Well, yeah, duh. All the girls in the party would flock to you. I don't know why you're always so sheepish about your abs, anyways. It's not like you don't have abs. You've never even done a shirtless photoshoot before."

Jungkook replied. "That stuff's just too embarassing for me. You've always been more confident than me. And if I just go around flaunting my body, I'd look like a complete douche. I'd rather just have a good body to have a good body. Not just to show it off."

"You've got me there. Hmm." Jimin paused to contemplate what kind of outfit Jungkook should wear. After a while, his eyes lit up. "Okay, I've got it. You're gonna go for a dark and mysterious look."

Jungkook stopped for a second, wondering if he made the right choice by choosing Jimin as his stylist. His friend was wearing a simple outfit: skinny black dress pants, a black and red striped shirt half tucked behind his belt, and sung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter