Chapter 16

Snatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n Thanks for 200 subs on my first ever story. I don't know how the hell I got to this point , especially with the disjointedness between each chapter. Regardless, I just wanted to say that I am grateful for your support on what was meant to be an experiment.

Namjoon POV

Before Namjoon had left, Yoongi had filled him in with more details.

"The big boss, the guy up top, he's a bulky American guy. He's a foreigner that can't speak Korean. That's also another reason why you're a perfect fit: because you can speak English fairly fluently. Anyways, that guy's name, or at least, the name he goes by, is John." Nobody's name is actually John, Namjoon thought. "You don't have to sneak in," Yoongi continued. "The entrance is an upper class restaurant in Seoul. If you ask for John- and if they say they don't know who you're talking about, just keep being persistent- you will be brought into a basement where the operation runs. Your job is to act like the ambassador of another drug organization.The two organizations had set up a meeting, where the organization you're pretending to be part of is buying some American drugs. Since 'your' organization paid in advance, they shouldn't ask too many questions. We already took care of the real ambassador, and since you are fluent in English, you match the description well, All you have to do is obtain the sample of the drugs, and get out. Your accomplice will be standing outside, or actually eating at the restaurant, and will be notifying you if anything is going on outside that you need to be aware of. Because my mistake, and the reason I got shot, was because a few buyers that I'd arrested previously came in, and sold me out. I doubt anything of the sort will happen to you, as no one there will know who you are, but it will be better to have backup just in case."

Leaving the park, Namjoon felt like complete , and there was no one to blame but himself. He could try to place the blame on Yoongi, who had used their friendship for his own sake. He could try to accuse the unfair system of the government for putting Yoongi into that spot in the first place. He could even try to blame the drug lords for existing. But he knew with unquestionable clarity that it was his fault for interrupting the happy life of Jungkook, and putting him in a position that would, if Namjoon failed, could potentially cost him his life.

Despite this realization, Namjoon was heading to Jungkook's house to ask him to participate, while secretly hoping that Jungkook would decline so that Namjoon would have a valid excuse not to carry out this task.

It was around dinner time now, but Namjoon knew of Jungkook's newfound hobby of cooking. Whereas when Namjoon had first met him, Jungkook would have gone to a restaurant or ordered food to eat, now there was almost a hundred percent chance Jungkook would be cooking his (and probably Chaeyoung's) meal.

He knocked on Jungkook's front door and waited for a moment, Although he was completely silent, he could not hear any noises from inside the house- no scrambling to get to the door, no hiss of food over a stove, no talking. He decided to look in the windows, and although there were blinds covering all viewpoints, he determined that no one was home, due to the lack of light emanating from any room he could see from his position.

He worried slightly, though there could be numerous reasons he wasn't at home. He took out his phone and dialed Jungkook's number, and was glad to hear Jungkook's voice come from the other end.

"Hey, Joon. What's up?"

"Where are you?"

"Huh?" Jungkook replied, probably caught off guard at Namjoon's straightforwardness. However, he soon recovered himself. "I'm at Chae's house. Why?"

"Where is that?" Namjoon asked. From talking to Jungkook at work, he had figured that Chaeyoung lived quite close by, but he wasn't sure of her exact address. However, this would work in his favor, as Jungkook wasn't as inaccessible as Namjoon had feared.

"Oh,"  Jungkook replied. "One sec." Namjoon pictured him covering the phone with his hand as he heard a muffled conversation between him and Chaeyoung. Through snippets of words and phrases, he figured that they were talking about him. "Chae said it was okay for you to come," Jungkook said, finally. "Just head two houses to the left and ring the doorbell."

Namjoon hung up afterwards, and started walking in the correct direction. Now came the hard part.

*

Jungkook POV

"So both of you can cook? I should come to your houses more often," said Namjoon, as he admired the appearance of the food Chaeyoung had cooked for their dinner.

"It's not that great," Chaeyoung claimed timidly. "I messed up the spicing a bit, and I might have overcooked-"

"She's just being modest," said Jungkook. "It tastes great,"

"How would you know? We haven't started eating yet?" asked Chaeyoung.

"Because you made it. And anything fortunate enough to be made by you is incredible."

Chaeyoung hid her face from him behind her hair, but Jungkook could tell from her body language that she was smiling.

"I'll just wait for you guys in the living room," stated Namjoon awkwardly. 

"Nonsense," replied Chaeyoung. "You can eat with us."

"I don't deserve to be able to barge in unannounced and get treated to a meal."

"We don't mind," replied Jungkook. "Actually, if you don't eat with us, I'll take it as an insult to Chaeyoung's cooking skills, and I'll be angry with you." Jungkook was not serious in this threat, but he just didn't want Namjoon to go hungry.

"Fine," Namjoon said, trying to maintain a reluctant appearance, though Jungkook could tell he was happy with this outcome. And who could blame him? Food was a magical thing.

*

When all of the food transported from the table to sitting comfortably in their stomachs, Namjoon started a conversation while Chaeyoung volunteered to do the dishes. 

"I always knew you two would get together," Namjoon said proudly, sounding like a fatherly figure to Jungkook.

"Yeah," Jungkook replied, as he looked at Chaeyoung's back as she rinsed the dishes. "She'z amazing. I didn't know my life could be so fulfilling until I met her."

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you okay?" he asked. "You sound... weird."

"You'll understand when you're older," Jungkook replied, then laughed at his own joke. "Just kidding. But I've just been feeling different lately. A good kind of different."

"Well, I'm glad. You deserve to be happy. But anyways," Namjoon's tone became serious, "I need to talk to you." He glanced in Chaeyoung's direction, who was now loading the dishes into the dishwasher. "In private."

Jungkook did not like the way Namjoon sounded. Glancing at his girlfriend, he felt guilty just with the thought of hiding something from her. "Whatever you have to say, you can say it to both of us."

"It's not like that, Jungkook. This topic involves you and me, but no one else can know. Not even her."

Jungkook could not imagine what kind of information Namjoon had, but his loyalty to Chaeyoung came first. "You're one of my close friends, Namjoon. I know I can trust you, But I doubt whatever you have to say needs to be kept from her. Besides, whatever you tell me, I'll just tell her later anyway."

"Are you saying you're willing to put her in danger?" Namjoon asked gravely.

"What?"

Namjoon didn't answer him and made his way to the living room, where he took a seat. Jungkook looked once more at Chaeyoung. After thinking for a while, he came to a decision. He got up and joined Namjoon in the living room. As much as Jungkook wanted to be completely transparent with Chaeyoung, he couldn't put her in a position where she could potentially be in danger.

"I have a friend named Yoongi," Namjoon said immediately, before Jungkook even sat on the couch. "He's an agent for the government, and was recently in charge of shutting down an illegal drug organization. However, he failed to do so, and barely escaped with his life. If the government knows he failed his assignment, he will be released from his job, and lose everything he owns: his house, clothes, everything. That job doesn't offer a salary, so he'll practically live on the street. So he reached out to me and-"

"No way," replied Jungkook. "I can't help you, Namjoon."

"You won't be in any danger," replied the older male, but Jungkook suspected that that was a lie. "You'll be in a position that guarant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter