Chapter 18: Everything Goes to

Snatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook POV

Jungkook shoved the hot noodles into his mouth, unable to enjoy the unique spicy flavor because of the person sitting across from him. That, and the ramyeon was searing hot still and he had just burned his mouth. Eyes watering slightly, he spoke to Jisoo. "I'm eating now. Tell me why you're here, and if it's a good enough reason, I won't call the police."

"Oh please, Jungkook, sweetie. I would hardly call that eating. Enjoy your meal. It'll probably be the last one you'll have the luxury to do so."

Jungkook processed her ominous words, which were not-so-disguised by her playful tone. Was that a threat? Yes, it was a threat. But he couldn't leave now, not with information probably concerning Chaeyoung's safety on the line. "What do you want?"

She ignored his question, picked up some noodles with her utensils, blew on it gently, then smoothly slid it into . She her lips, nodding her head in appreciation. She tilted her head afterwards, inviting him to do the same.

He gritted his teeth. Her request wasn't hard for him to comply to; his suspicion of food tampering was fairly low. But taking a bite would mean he was succumbing to her, and his pride didn't want to allow that. However, he lifted the food to his mouth, blew it aggressively to cool it, then shoved it past his lips, maintaining eye contact with Jisoo all the while.

Apparently, this was satisfactory enough for her. Jisoo smiled sweetly. "Good boy," she said, before taking another bite.

Jungkook felt ridiculed, offended that Jisoo would give him a response an owner would give a dog. As if she owned him. As if she had him wrapped around her finger. He felt his blood pressure rising, a vein popping out in his neck. But he bit back a witty response. He had to get on her good side if he wanted her to reveal anything. "Are you willing to talk now?" he asked instead. 

"Hmm. Since you asked so nicely, yes." She set her chopsticks down, and tilted her head back in thought. "Where should I start?" She looked back at Jungkook, waiting for an answer. Apparently, her question was not rhetorical.

"Start with why you decided to steal my friend's phone just so you could come here." He tried to keep the anger out of his voice, but he couldn't fully hold back. No matter what he said to himself to calm down, he was talking to a criminal. That wouldn't change.

"That's a good question," Jisoo said. She went deep in thought for a second, only to settle with the answer, "I really don't know why I took the phone. Maybe because I was bored, I guess. But then I saw your text to him, and I sort of... took advantage of the situation." 

Jisoo's words didn't answer any of his questions, her vague  words only frustrating him more. "So now you're here. You accomplished that part." He clenched his chopsticks in his hands, his fingers clasping down so hard the plastic sticks threatened to snap in half. "So stop beating around the bush. Tell me what you wanted to say, and then get out of my life."

Jisoo smiled, showing her pearly white teeth. "You still think I'm chasing after you, don't you." Jungkook was confused. Wasn't that why she was here? Wasn't that her goal the entire time? "Well you don't need to worry about that anymore. Having a relationship is the least of my worries now. And it should be the least of yours."

Jungkook was utterly confused. Again, she was threatening him. And if he was involved, Chaeyoung would be involved. And he would never let that happen.

"So you're threatening me. That's what this is." He pushed his seat away from the table, away from his half-eaten bowl of ramyeon. 

"No. It's just a warning. You don't deserve this. A voice in the rational part of my brain knows that you don't deserve all the I throw at you. And if I were normal, I would listen to that part of my brain. But I'm not normal." Jungkook hesitated in leaving, Jisoo's words shaking him. "By the look on your face, you clearly don't get it. You don't understand my warning. So I'll make it clear: today is your last day of peace. I've decided to make you my first target, the first act of revenge against the world for taking everything I loved away from me. So you should enjoy one last night with Chaeyoung. After tonight, your life will be living hell."

She said all of these words with a smile, the edges of her eyes crinkled with delight. Jungkook quickly got out of his seat. She was a psychopath. And he needed to get out of here.

Before he could make a step away from his table, a loud BANG resonated throughout the restaurant. The lights went out, a chandelier fell, and a woman screamed. He threw himself on the floor in a panic.

.

Namjoon. He was supposed to be watching for any suspicious people who entered. And he had completely failed him. He touched the button on his earpiece, which would trigger an alarm in Namjoon's corresponding piece. He hoped he would hear a voice on the other side, saying that he had already made it out of the basement.

But all he heard was faint static. The sound of nothingness.

He army-crawled in the general direction of the door, even though he was unable to see more than a few inches in front of him. When he was close enough to the cash register, behind which he presumed was the basement entrance, he could hear the distinct sounds of the clicks of many pairs of boots as they scuttled across the floor, as well as distant yells. A few feet farther, and he could see the faint light streaming out of building windows through the glass doors of the restaurant. Around him, other customers were making their frantic escapes.

He raised himself to his feet. He was so close. He could escape right now, be free from danger, return to Chaeyoung unscathed.

The thought passed through his mind for a split second before he disposed of it. Of course not. He couldn't leave, not without knowing what was going on with Namjoon's situation.

He pressed the button on his earpiece again. The bad thing about the device was that Namjoon's piece was the only one with a working microphone. Jungkook's only had the ability to send an alarm and receive messages. He vaulted over the counter, passing the cowering cashier. He sprinting through the door behind it and down the stairs without protest from the employee. 

He was being reckless. He was being stupid. No matter which way he worded it, he was still saying the same thing: he was about to sign his own death warrant.

But that didn't matter. He couldn't lose his friend.

*

Namjoon POV

"You were a delight to talk to. But unfortunately, your life ends now." Namjoon sat still for an eternity (though in reality it was a few seconds), awaiting his fate. 

BANG! The lights in the room went out, and he could hear screams from the floor above him. The gunshot was much too quiet to be from John's gun, or even in the restaurant itself for that matter. Most likely, someone had shot out the power from the outside. For it to make that much noise... it had to be one heck of a gun. 

Speaking of guns, he felt the barrel of John's pis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter