Chapter 15

Snatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n I'm sincerely sorry this chapter is so unjustifiably late. I took a break from writing for two weeks, and now I'm rushing to finish this.

Jisoo POV

"I still don't know why you're spending so much time on him. It's always a cycle like this. You fall for one guy, then you get into legal trouble, then you're forced to move onto the next guy, who seems much more amazing and attractive than the last. So you practically stalk him, harass the girl he likes, commit crimes... all while ignoring the guys who are actually into you."

Jisoo glared at Seokjin, who had a tired expression on his face. "Is this your messed up way of saying that you like me?" she asked.

"As if," Seokjin scoffed. "I'm just saying that this way of life of yours is not healthy. I'm sure plenty of guys would like you if you stopped trying so hard. And doing illegal things."

"Like you would understand. You have girls throwing themselves at you left and right."

"Well it doesn't hurt that I'm an actor, Jisoo. I'm sure that that number would be considerably less if I wasn't in some decent films. Besides, you seem to ignore every guy that does make an effort to reach out to you. Your problem is that you're too close-minded, and I'm confident you're not alone in this problem. You only focus on one person at a time instead of allowing things to run their course, like fate dictates. You see everything that happens to an individual, good or bad, while ignoring everything that happens to you. You have to focus on yourself more, Jisoo. Maybe then you can see that what you're doing is not healthy, nor right. Don't keep going down this path."

Jisoo ignored Seokjin's advice. "I didn't hire you to be my psychologist. I don't even know why you're still talking to me."

"Because I'm your friend. Or at least, I'm supposed to be. And this is what friends do; they help each other out of dark places. I'm not wasting time on you, getting countless scandal reports made on me, just so you can revert back into your unpleasant, crimedoing persona every time you find your next boy crush."

Jisoo pretended not to listen to Seokjin's lecture, even though she fully recognized how right he was. She knew that she was wrong in her methods, but she couldn't help it. What was hers was hers.

Jungkook was hers. And it made her blood boil seeing Chaeyoung touch what was hers. Right now, they (Jungkook, Chaeyoung, her, and Seokjin) were at a coffeeshop near work, and she was intensely watching the other couple. Although she'd invited Seokjin along to look less conspicuous, she doubted she'd be noticed. Her hair was hidden under a blonde wig, she had blue contacts in, with a cap pulled snugly over her head.

"You listening, Jisoo?" Seokjin asked, and she realized she hadn't been listening.

"Nope."

"You're so frustrating sometimes," he muttered, before speaking in a normal tone to her again. "Don't look at them. Or at least try not to."

"I don't know what you mean, Jin," she replied, but Jisoo suspected he'd caught on to the reason she'd asked him here.

"Don't play dumb with me, Jisoo. It's offensive, like you think I'm not smaart enough to realize why you're randomly wearing a wig with your least favorite hair color, contacts that you always complain are uncomfortable, or a cap indoors. He's here, isn't he? And you only asked me to come here to aid in your disgusting stalking."

Jisoo was surprised that he'd figured as much, but that surprise was eclipsed by the hurt she felt at his words. How could he not understand that Chaeyoung had wronged her first, stealing something that belonged to her? Jungkook was being brainwashed, poisoned, right in front of her eyes. So how could Seokjin blame her from trying to stop that from happening?

Jin then proceeded to look around the coffeeshop, which took a while, as it was abnormally bustling with customers today. However, he inevitably saw the target, or rather, targets, of her attention. 

The two were sitting (grossly, she might add,) on the same bench on one side of the table, right next to each other, rather than across from each other. Although this left the entire other side of the table completely free, no one else in the shop had given the two a second thought. 

Seokjin inevitably saw Chaeyoung first, as she was sitting closer the them, while Jungkook was in the inside seat, next to a window. Although they were facing toward them, they were so absorbed in their own conversation that they didn't notice either Seokjin or her studying them. They talked and laughed animatedly, but Jisoo couldn't make out what they were saying with all the background noise. Every so often, they would take a sip of their now-lukewarm coffee, as if they had forgotten the reason they had come to this shop in the first place, which was to drink coffee. They, were so unaware, in fact, of their setting, that they repeatedly sipped the other's drink by mistake.

Jisoo waited for Seokjin to make a comment on how pretty Chaeyoung was, and felt jealousy filling her evenn before he spoke those words. However, he surprised her by instead saying, "I can see why you like him. He's pretty good-looking- but not as handsome as me- and he seems like a nice person. But most of all, he seems happy." He turned back to her, and she reluctantly tore her gaze from the other couple to face him. "Which validates my point. They're perfectly happy, Jisoo. You have to see past your personal feelings and realize that you're impeding on that. And I've known you long enough to know that you'd never want that."

"You don't know what I want," she muttered.

"Does our friendship mean that little to you that you can say that?" Seokjin asked furiously. "I know you better than I know myself, at this point. And you have the nerve to say otherwise?"

"I didn't say that," she replied. "Of course you mean a lot to me."

"But less than some guy you've never even talked to?"

She was quiet for a moment, letting his accusation register within her. However, the answer was obvious to her , even if her actions spoke differently.

"Of course you mean more to me, Jin."

"Then stop caring about them. If not of your own accord, then do it for me. They're happy, and it's not their fault. Right now, it's you who's in the wrong, and no one else."

Jisoo was silent again, and she took a sip of her iced drink. She looked at the couple, and saw the truth in Seokjin's words. They really did seem happy together. How could seem he blame Chaeyoung for that? It's not like she, Jisoo, had any claim on Jungkook, beside her verbal one. 

"You're right," she admitted defeatedly, accepting the fact that she was in the wrong.

"I always am," Seokjin replied loftily, though she could see through it, to his feeling of relief. "Now let's go get ourselves a drink," he said, getting up from his seat.

"We're going drinking?" she asked. "Right now?"

"Yup."

Jisoo shrugged. A bit of drinking wouldn't hurt, even if it was at an unusual time. "Let's go."

*

Jisoo hadn't openly asked Seokjin why they were drinking, but now that she was here, she could figure it out herself. It was clear from how genuinely cheerful her friend was- a state he hadn't truly experienced since his debut as an actor- that she had really strayed from her normal self over her obsession. After a few shots (not enough to get them past tipsy, but enough to make them feel good), they decided to leave the bar. Jisoo was in surprisingly high spirits, despite her dark mood for the past few weeks. 

The two started to walk from the bar, in a nonspecific direction, not really having a destination in mind. They were silent, but a happy one. As they walked, Jisoo took the opportunity to think over her actions recently. She never understood why this happened to her, but when Seokjin wasn't around to keep her company, she would find herself doing questionable things. She was just glad she hadn't ended up harming anyone in these episodes.

Now that she thought about it with a clear mind, she figured that she did these things because she was lonely. Perhaps she was just seeking accompaniment, which she lacked during Seokjin's filming periods. Maybe no one was there to open her eyes to what she was doing. But one thing was for sure: Seokjin was the cure. She would never come back from those lows if Seokjin wasn't such a giving person, who sacrificed his free time to help her return to her normal self.

But this time had been a little different. During her previous phases, she hadn't actually fully recovered to her normal self- she had only stopped chasing after the guy due to restraining orders. But this time, no such thing was placed on her. She was still legally able to continue her attempts to win Jungkook's heart. However, she gen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter