Chapter 11

Snatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, just a quick side note: I'm sorry I don't reply to all of your lovely comments, like I should be doing. Just know that I do read all of them, and that  love each and every one of you, even if you don't comment, because you took time out of your day to read something I made. <3

Jungkook POV 

His eyes fluttered open easily, all remnants of sleep shaken off in an instant. His heart was light and a smile was already tugging away on his lips. Lips. Even the innocent thought of the body part brought a blush to his face. He checked his phone: it was Sunday. So it wasn't a dream.

So he'd kissed Chaeyoung; twice, actually. Yesterday was undoubtedly the best day of his life, no doubt about it.

But still. Like the pessimist he was, his doubt that he'd cast away jjust for last night returning. The adrenaline and euphoria of last night had blinded him to the fact that he had, in fact, failed his one goal. His plan had been to find out what they were, but had he really done anything to make that clearer? Sure, they had kissed, but Chaeyoung could have been drunk, or caught up in the happiness of the ocassion, or thousands of other factors he hadn't considered.

Why was he so dim-witted?

He had set out to figure out the answer that was eating him up inside and out, yet after that kiss... the goal had been swept clear out of his mind. But who could blame him? He had kissed Chaeyoung. The most beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, every other adjective that didn't fully capture her perfection: he had kissed her. And she'd kissed him back. He leaned back in his bed, smiling at the memory, his lips suddenly tingling with the ghost of her lips on his.

But, no matter how happy he felt, everything came back to his previous thought: he was so unbelievably stupid. He had so many opportunities to accomplish his goal, to just grow a pair and just ask a simple ing question, but he ed up so unbelievably hard. In fact, he probably made things even worse, confusing him and probably Chaeyoung as well.

After their kiss- well, second kiss- nothing followed. No more kissing, talking, or even looking at the other. This wasn't to say that the kiss was bad or awkward- in fact, by the look on Chaeyoung's face afterwards, both felt, in the simplest terms, good. And that would have been the perfect time to pop the question. But they were stuck in a comfortable silence afterward, cleaning determinedly though Jungkook wanted more than anything to experience another magical moment with her.

And then he'd gone home, with nothing more than a simple "goodbye." Which, of course, was showing more manners than most of the other guests, but it was not help to his goal.

But today was a new day. Anything could happen. 

Coincidentally, as if to accentuate this thought, Jimin texted him at a time earlier than 10 AM. With Jimin's messed up sleeping schedule, often sleeping no earlier than 4 AM, Jungkook had to double check the sender to make sure his eyes were seeing things right.

Jimin: im having a party today. wanna come

Jungkook checked the date, even though he already knew it. The date of Chaeyoung's birthday, and therefore the day after it, was already ingrained into his memory. His calendar showed the date he was certain it was. February 12th. Not April 1st. So why would Jimin try pranking him? He already knew Jungkook despised parties. And combined with the knowledge that the younger male had already attended two in such a short time? There was no way Jimin was serious.

Jungkook: What do you want?

Jimin: nothing, just seeing if u were awake

Jungkook: Well why are YOU awake then? Isn't it too early for you?

Jimin: ur the reason im awake, actually. i was just thinking... how does it feel to lose your lip ity?

Jungkook: Shut up. That's not a thing.

There was a pause afterwards. Maybe Jimin had listened to his request for once. But then a weird fear came upon him, and he was the first to break the silence.

Jungkook: Did it look bad?

Jimin: it looked like u were eating her face out.

Jungkook set down his phone beside him, sighing. There was no way to find out if Jimin was being serious, or just playing with him. But either way, Jungkook couldn't help but to be self-conscious now. Was he as bad as Jimin made him out to be? But the moment had seemed so perfect, as if it had been part of a movie. But had that just been wishful thinking on his part?

Ugh. Everything seemed so complicated now, even more so than he had before the party. He almost wished he stayed at home moping that night, even if he would live the rest of his life without knowing the feel of Chaeyoung's lips on his. On second thought, he didn't think that was possible. His indecisiveness was driving him insane.

He felt jittery for no apparent reason, even though he told himself to calm down. It was as if his body was disconnected from his brain. 

Who knew that one person could make him feel so conflicted?

He needed to find something to distract him, but even doing that was hard. Jimin would just relentlessly . Namjoon probably would, too, seeing his actions last night. Feeding his coffee addiction would just make him more restless. Playing Overwatch was out of the option; he would just ruin his stats while thinking about Chaeyoung.. Working out was also not a good decision. His arms felt like they were made of noodles.

No. None of his usual cures were going to work. He was going to have to something out of the ordinary. He mechanically threw on a random combination of clothes, barely remembering to bring his phone and keys. After leaving his house, he found himself blankly walking down the block (in the opposite direction of Chaeyoung's house). He had originally planned to drive to his destination, but on second thought, driving while being so distracted was probably not a good idea.

He shoved his hands deeper into his hoodie pockets (he was wearing a hoodie?) and lowered his head, which was somehow covered by a hood he didn't remember putting on, to keep the cold, stinging air out of his face.

If Jimin knew what he was doing now, and where was going, he would call him crazy. And Jungkook would probably agree.

Because right now, and he shuddered just thinking of his destination, he was going to the library.

*

Chaeyoung POV

Though Chaeyoung wasn't usually one to judge, she couldn't stop herself from thinking Seriously? Who has a date at a library?

And why did she let herself tag along? This was normal by now: her going along on Taehyung and Lisa's sometimes-normal sometimes-absurd dates. She mainly went along because of boredom. Their dates were usually more on the fun side instead of romantic, like going to the movies or amusement parks, allowing her to accompany them without impeding on their relationship. However, when they did have the occasional romantic date, Chaeyoung made sure to steer clear out of the way.

But this time was different. She was not bored; in fact, it was quite the opposite. Her mind was racing at 80 miles an hour, branching off into so many unrelated thoughts that actually were related because they were all about one man.

So, that's why she was here. She needed something to dull her mind, or to at least get his beatiful face out of her mind. So what better pl ace than a library?

Lisa and Taehyung were (it was almost disgusting how cute they looked) reading together, the childish picture book that was spread across their laps drawing the confused looks of other adults. However, like always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter