Chapter 1

Snatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n Just felt like adding this as I'm almost done with this story. I really do feel bad for anybody who binge reads this, because my style of writing changes drastically as it goes on. So for anyone new to this story, I apologize for starting off the story with such poorly executed chapters.

Jungkook POV

"You're staring," said Namjoon.

"What?" asked Jungkook, startled, and he snapped out of his reverie. "I was just looking at the clock." And this was true. It was nine minutes until the lunch break, and he couldn't help but count down the seconds until he could escape from his desk. It wasn't that he hated this new job, but it was just so... boring. Everything about this job was so stereotypical: the colorless walls, rows of tables with aged computers that were filled with blank-faced employees, the short-tempered boss, and paperwork to be filed that contained nothing but random data compiled into charts. He had been hired only a week ago, but Jungkook was already contemplating getting another job. At the moment, the only thing keeping him from resigning was his coworker, Namjoon, who actually had a personality.

"Sure you were," Namjoon said in an accusatory tone. "But I saw your eyes, and they were directly on Chaeyoung."

"Who?" Jungkook asked. 

"You know, the prettiest girl here? Don't tell me you've never seen her before."

"You seem to forget that I've only been working here for a week, Namjoon," Jungkook reminded his coworker. "Besides, I haven't really been paying much attention to girls lately. No girl would even look at me twice, anyways. Why waste my time going after girls if I have no chance?"

Namjoon looked at Jungkook with an eyebrow raised. "Seriously? You've got the looks, you've probably got the body, judging from these arms here," he said, playfully squeezing Jungkook's arm, "and you're not a complete . I'm sure any girl would fawn over you."

Jungkook scoffed. "You make me sound attractive, which I am definitely not."

"You know, for someone that's never met Chaeyoung, you definitely sound like her."

"Are you saying my voice is too high?"

"No, well kind of, but that's not the point." "I'm kidding," he added, after he caught Jungkook's glare. "But for real. You sound just like her: no self-confidence even though you guys have ideal bodies. In fact, she hasn't even noticed all the guys here crawling over her because she doesn't think she's worth any attention. You're probably like that, too."

"How do you know so much about her?" asked Jungkook. "It's kind of strange how you're so confident about how she thinks."

"I guess I'm just smart that way. And it doesn't hurt that I'm pretty good friends with her. I'll introduce you to her during the lunch break."

"No way. I'm absolutely terrible with girls. I'm fine with just knowing what she looks like."

"Huh. You're pretty weird, you know that, Jungkook? Most guys would jump at the chance to meet a hot girl. I guess I'll just point her out to you then." Namjoon looked kind of disappointed, as if he'd wanted to see Jungkook flail in a conversation with a girl. He pointed to a table across the room. This table was devoid of any electronics, Seated employees were talking with one another, in some sort of meeting. "She's the one at the middle of the table, facing us."

Jungkook followed his gaze. He saw a girl with light brown hair in bangs that flowed in an intentionally tangly path down a little past her shoulders. She had wide eyes and was talking enthusiastically with her coworkers, revealing a bright white smile. Jungkook could immediately tell that she was really friendly by the way she held eye contact with the people she was talking to. "She's cute, but not my type," said Jungkook. "I don't think I can keep up with someone so talkative."

"What?" asked Namjoon, almost angrily. "Not your type? You must be looking at the wrong person then. She's everybody's type, no matter who you are."

"So the chatty one isn't her?"

Namjoon glanced at the table. "No. Chaeyoung is the one on her left. Well, our left, her right. The chatty one is Lalisa, or Lisa, as she likes to be called."

Jungkook looked at the actual Chaeyoung this time, and he couldn't argue with Namjoon's hype around the girl. The first thing he noticed was her lips. They were plump and sort of heart-shaped, and sported dark red lipstick. Chaeyoung was watching the girl next to her with a small smile, and Jungkook noticed that she only smiled with her top teeth, which were perfectly straight. Her eyes, he noted, were also pretty. They were the color of dark chocolate, and he felt as if he could stare at them all day. Her cheeks looked soft and almost edible. Everything about her was organized perfectly, and Jungkook felt as if he was suffocating just looking at her. But he also saw what Namjoon meant when he said she lacked confidence. Her shoulders were hunched forward slightly as if they were trying to isolate her from everyone else. She kept glancing down at the floor, not at all engaged in the conversation like Lisa was. She wore a white, long-sleeved top that was a little to big for her and didn't attract attention to her. Jungkook realized another reason why he hadn't noticed her earlier: she didn't want to be noticed.

Suddenly, her eyes flicked directly to his, and both of them looked away at the same time. Jungkook felt the heat rising to his face in a blush he'd never experienced before. Even though he knew Chaeyoung wasn't looking at him (he had glanced back to check) he could still feel her gaze on him as if it were a physical object. He was about to stare at her again when Namjoon cleared his throat.

"Told you she was beatiful," he said.

*

Jungkook dove into his sandwich as if he was a starved man. Only 5 more hours to go until I can actually do something with my life, he thought.

"Hey Jungkook! Look who I brought!" yelled Namjoon from across the cafeteria. His shoulder was around none other than Chaeyoung. Lisa was also with them, chatting excitedly with Namjoon like they were best buddies.

I'll kill you, Jungkook mouthed to Namjoon. I told you I'm bad with girls.

What? Namjoon mouthed back, although he obviously understood what Jungkook said, as a devilish grin sprouted on his face.

Jungkook was sitting alone at a four-seat table, and Namjoon offered the girls the seats opposite Jungkook while he  plopped himself next to his coworker. With a dramatic flourish, Namjoon said, "Now presenting...Jungkook!"

The two girls jokingly applauded and Jungkook saw Chaeyoung's eyes on him  Almost immediately though, Chaeyoung looked down at her lap. Namjoon, at the same time, nudged him and said, "You have cheese on your lips."

Neck burning hot in shame, he quickly his lips. He silently cursed Namjoon for this. It was only seconds into their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter