One last shot (of soju)

CEO chef

“Okay, tell me everything.” Hyunwoo looked at his little brother, he immediately noticed Minhyuk’s red and teary eyes. A painful feeling in Hyunwoo’s chest started to occur seeing his little brother, Mister sunshine, in pain. It always hit him so hard when Minhyuk was down. Minhyuk may have thought that he was well in hiding his pain but Hyunwoo knew better. He knew that place Minhyuk lived in was worthless and too small even for one person. The oldest brother knew that even though Minhyuk loved his job, he did not get a lot of money. Enough to get through the month but Minhyuk could not spend much.

Maybe this situation will bring him back home.

Minhyuk sniffed. “Hyunwoo, let’s talk about it when drinking coffee. I don’t think we should discuss this in your car.” Hyunwoo was already driving and Minhyuk got a little suspicious when he suddenly heard Hyunwoo locking the doors.

“A café is also not the right place to discuss your problems.” Minhyuk gulped, following by an nervously shaking sigh.

“Where are you taking me?” It took too long, even though his brother answered the question after five seconds of silence, for Minhyuk it felt much longer. Minhyuk started sobbing again and his breath became irregular. He was contemplating to jump out of the car but even in this situation Minhyuk realized it would be pure madness to do something like that.

“Min Min, don’t. Stop that. Yes, we are going to our house but no one’s home. Dad is at work and Changkyun is at school. It will only be us.”

“Your house!!” Minhyuk said while biting his teeth against each other in an effort to control his hysterical feelings. “Dad will throw you out as well when he noticed I’ve been in his house.”

“No he won’t.” Hyunwoo said with a slightly annoyed voice.

“YES HE WILL! Don’t you know how facking pissed he is at me?! Do you really thi-”

Hyunwoo deeply sighed, stopped the car and looked straight into his brother’s eyes. “He knows you’ll be there.”  Minhyuk screeched, making his older brother flinch. He tried to open the car door but before he had a chance Hyunwoo started driving again, causing the car doors to be blocked.

“Minhyuk, I’m your older brother. You know I will protect you, even from our father. I swear that he’ll not be there when we arrive; he has three meetings this afternoon so he his schedule is packed. I only told him that you really needed me.”

Minhyuk was just speechless. Somewhere he knew that his brother was acting out of his best intentions, but Minhyuk still felt betrayed. Nevertheless, Minhyuk felt so nervous for going to that place. His used-to-be home. He hadn’t been there since his father threw him out, around seven months ago.

Would it still feel like home?

“You want a drink?” Minhyuk just nodded. Right now he was standing in the living room he used to walk through every day. It had a familiar vibe and the place still gave him a warm feeling, but somehow he felt uncomfortable. As if he was an intruder. Minhyuk couldn’t get rid of the feeling that he shouldn’t be here, even when he was sitting down on what used to be his favorite chair. He felt it was wrong of his brother to take him here, and that Minhyuk should’ve complained more for not wanting to be here.

But who was he fooling? Minhyuk longed to be here, back at the place where he would feel the warmth from his brothers. The home that was spacious, had a fridge full of food and drinks, and always had warm water. Minhyuk missed it, a lot.

“Now tell me everything.” Hyunwoo said while putting a can of soda in front of Minhyuk, looking at his little brother with warm and concerned eyes.

“The man I rent the apartment from is divorcing and he gave me two days to move out.” Hyunwoo choked in his coffee.

“Two days?! He can’t throw you out in that small amount of time!”

A tear escaped from Minhyuk’s eye. “Yes he can Hyunwoo. In the contract there is no time of how long I am allowed to live there.”

“Why would you even sign such a ty contract?” Minhyuk sighed, looking at the ground. “For the price it was still a decent apartment. I couldn’t find anything better for that money.”

“How much is it?”

“€500. I already searched for another place but there is nothing. Only old and dirty slums.”

Hyunwoo laughed. “Min Min, of course you won’t get anything decent with that little amount of money. I don’t get it, I know you don’t earn a lot of money but I thought it was more than that?”

“I was saving money so I could buy my own place. Then I would be certain I would always have a home and no one can kick me out. I would always save €700 every month and keep €100 for food.”

“So you got €4900 saved?” Minhyuk was impressed by how quick his brother was, but he was not surprised considering Hyunwoo would lead a whole company in the future. Minhyuk nodded and after that a silence filled the room. Minhyuk was out of ideas how to get a place to live and was hoping his brother had something in mind.

“Minhyuk, I have an idea. But you’re going to hear me out without getting mad or becoming hysterically. Understood?” Minhyuk looked into Hyunwoo’s eyes and he knew his brother was bloody serious, causing his stomach to ache. Minhyuk kind of had a gut feeling about what that idea could be, but he just nodded because the whole situation was just hopeless to Minhyuk.

“Stay here.” Hyunwoo looked intense into Minhyuk eyes, as if what he was saying was a demand. “We are still a family. I don’t care you want to be a chef, but this is where you belong. Here, with us, with me and Changkyun, with dad. You knew dad wouldn’t be happy for you becoming a chef, when you got hired you just told it to him as if you won the lottery while you knew for him it would be a slap to his face. Dad knew you were not interested in working at the company but you were a little reckless telling him in such a way. I could’ve helped you.”

Minhyuk stomachache become worse and he actually didn’t want to be here anymore. The day he got hired he was so happy, he could finally do what he loved. And when he wanted to share that happiness his dad just got rid of him like an unwanted dog. Left alone in the cold.

Minhyuk wanted to get up and walk away but he didn’t have the strength to do it. His limbs were numb and he knew that he had nowhere to go once he walked out of the door.

Hyunwoo knew his words were harsh, and he didn’t want to do it this way but he knew his brother was stubborn. There was even a chance that his little brother would rather live in one of those slums than to come back home. Hyunwoo talked to his dad this morning and to his surprise his dad was the one saying that Minhyuk should come back home.

“After seven months dad calmed down a bit. He is still mad that you embarrassed him but he is impressed how you still love that kitchen job.” Minhyuk was little surprised by how his brother said the last three words in such a dismissive way. Minhyuk realized that Hyunwoo may still be slightly mad at Minhyuk. But there is nowhere to go for you, just give in Minhyuk.

“He is the one who suggested that you should come back here.”

A silence fell once again and Minhyuk’s mind was in such a chaos that he went blank, not knowing what to do or what to say.

“Listen, this is the only chance dad will give you to make up for it. Minhyuk, you may not believe it but dad even allows you to keep your job. And yes, it’s our father so he’ll probably ask you for a favor in return. And no, I don’t know what that could be. But it’s your only way out of a ty lifestyle and see it as a way to save all of your money for your own place. Be clever, you can save all of your payment.”

Minhyuk looked up at his brother.

That’s a good point there.

“And we miss you Minhyuk. A lot.”

Minhyuk was touched by his brother’s words, because even though he was the one to always talk about his problems, he was also the one who showed the least of affection towards people he loved. Tears rolled over Minhyuk’s cheeks as he stood up and walked towards his older brother. Minhyuk just sat on his lap and hugged him tightly.

“I missed you too. I’m sorry. I will stay.”

“You’re here?” Minhyuk looked up when he heard the voice. In the door opening was his little brother standing, Changkyun. He looked like a lost boy with big eyes as if he had seen something magically.

“Until I can afford my own apartment.”

“YOU’RE BACK!” His little brother screamed out enthusiastically while running into Minhyuk’s arms.

“Minhyuk, I know it won’t be easy but please stay here for a while. I’ll always have your back.” 

Even though Minhyuk was tired of the tears running down his cheeks he couldn’t manage to hold them in. It was hard to admit but Minhyuk did belong here, he missed this. Somehow Minhyuk felt happy to be home again. Minhyuk’s room was left untouched since he left and even his tooth brush and comb were still in the bathroom.

“I will pick you up tomorrow at 10:00, dad will meet you in his office so you have time to talk it out together. After that I’ll help move your stuff to our house.”

Hyunwoo’s words kept on replying in Minhyuk’s head. “Talk it out.” As if Minhyuk would have a chance to act stubborn or state his opinion. He knew the conversation would be just agreeing to everything his dad says. Minhyuk fills his glass again with some soju and drinks it up in one go.

He keeps on drinking, until the last shot of soju is gone.

Minhyuk buried his face in his pillow and started crying again. There were some tears out of happiness, because Minhyuk didn’t feel the burden anymore to find a place.

But Minhyuk, as drunk as he was, also felt so much pain and anxiety

because he knew that

his father would never let him come back that easily.

 



Hey everyone I’m back with a new chapter *throws glitter*
I want to thank everyone who read the story, upvoted it, bookmarked it, subscribed and/or commented ♥ You all make my heart flutter hihi :p 

I hope the story is not too boring or so, otherwise let me know so I can let events happen more faster! Right now I'm switching chapters between Jooheon and Minhyuk but once the story is more in it's "high" I'm planning on switching in the same chapter between characters (not only Jooheon and Minhyuk because I got some nice ideas for the others as well) 
And as always; I'm not a native English speaker so please let me know if something is written wrong or if something is not clear enough!

 

+DID YOU ALL SEE THE NEW TEASER PICTURES FOR THEIR NEXT COMEBACK OMGGG ♥.♥  Can't wait!!