Familiarity

CEO chef

Minhyuk’s hands were sweaty, he kept on rubbing his hands and shifted his weight from one feet to the other. Before him stood a tall building, marked with a plate stating the words “Clan Lee”. Minhyuk sighed, he had already been standing outside for ten minutes and even the security was now suspiciously eyeing him, probably questioning why Minhyuk is wandering around the building looking very nervous. 

Yesterday his dad walked into his bedroom, it was the first time Minhyuk saw his dad since the dinner date. His dad was lucky Minhyuk was still very sleepy when he walked in, otherwise Minhyuk would’ve suffocated his dad with a pillow. His dad coldly told him that he would meet Jooheon’s dad afternoon right before Minhyuk had to work, and that he would be picked up at 15:00.

As if things weren’t already terrible enough.

In two days Minhyuk had to move in with Jooheon. It would be on a Sunday which meant he still had work, luckily, and that Jooheon would be at school the day after. The restaurant was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays but Minhyuk was determine to find a way to be gone when Jooheon came back from school.

Minhyuk took one deep breath before he walked in, walking straight to the reception. A blonde woman looked up and welcomed him with a warm smile. “Im Minhyuk, glad you came. Mr. Lee will be waiting for you on the 20th floor.” Minhyuk had no time to be surprised that the woman knew who he was, because a man popped up beside Minhyuk and guided him to the elevators. Minhyuk was amazed by how big the building was, and even more impressed that all of it belonged to Jooheon’s dad. It was something totally different from his father’s eight floor building.

Well if you can’t marry happily then at least marry rich, right?

The elevator made a ding sound, indicating that it reached his destination. Minhyuk was happy no one joined him during the elevator ride, it gave him some time to do breathing exercises to calm himself down a bit. He also waved his hands in the air in an attempt to make them less sweaty.

Everything was more stressful because Minhyuk had no idea how the man looked like, or what kind of person Jooheon’s dad was. Minhyuk regretted not paying attention to him during the small amount of time he was around him during the dinner.

The elevator doors opened and Minhyuk didn’t even realized he was holding his breath. One man was standing in the hallway, wearing a dark blue suit. The man definitely had the typical CEO aura Minhyuk knew well enough, but somehow he appeared to be less cold than Minhyuk’s own dad.

“Minhyuk, nice to see you again.” Mr. Lee put out a hand and Minhyuk walked towards him to shake his hand. When Minhyuk finally had the courage to inspect Mr. Lee’s face he got surprised.   

Because Minhyuk has seen this man a couple of times before.

His brain didn’t seem to figure out where and when, but Minhyuk was sure he saw Mr. Lee before. Minhyuk just followed Mr. Lee to his office where he sat down on a comfortable grey sofa.

Minhyuk became aware of his own state; he didn’t feel as tense and stressed as before. He still had no clue of how he knew the man in front of him, but somehow he changed Minhyuk’s state.

“I hope it was not a shock hearing you will already move in in two days?”

“No, it’s okay.” Minhyuk wanted to sound confident, afraid he may piss off Jooheon’s dad, but the words left his mouth all shaky.

“I’m sorry, I wanted to give everyone some time to adjust but Jooheon was very determined and persistent when he said he already wanted to move in.” Minhyuk nodded and tried to smile, acting like everything was just fine, but even he knew he wasn’t convincing anyone.

“I know what my son can be like, Jooheon has always been quite hard to raise compared to his two brothers. But he also has a lot of passion within him, and I believe it can be used for something good that’s why I haven’t given up on him.”

Minhyuk just nodded, still confused why Mr. Lee wanted him here. And still wondering why he looked so familiar to Minhyuk.

“To him it may seem like this marriage is a punishment, or only relevant because of the business aspect. But it’s much more. I don’t know much about you Minhyuk, but what I do know is that you are caring and, just like him, passionate in the things you love.”

The man wanted to say more but Minhyuk cut in, slightly annoyed by the man talking about Jooheon the whole time. Minhyuk tried to block out every thought and memory of Jooheon the past days, knowing he had to face him a lot more starting from next week.

“How are you so sure I am like that?” Even though Minhyuk was annoyed and wanted to seem strong, but the words that left his mouth were just whispers.

“I’ve seen you a lot of times Minhyuk, we also talked a lot of times. I know your boss, Chef Min, he always speaks fondly about you. I tasted multiple of your cooking masterpieces, I love every taste of it. I was very surprised when I realized you are a son of Mr. Im, but also relieved because I know you’re a good person.” And suddenly Minhyuk realized why he knew Mr. Lee.

He was a regular costumer at the restaurant.

Minhyuk remembered how the man praised his food and made small talks with him when Minhyuk checked with the costumers if everything was okay.

“I know Jooheon will not be easy, but I want you to know I’m standing beside you. Your father wanted to manipulate you back into the business, but I’ve seen you like he never has. So I made sure you would never be forced to give up your job.” Minhyuk looked up at the man sitting in front of him, realizing what the words he spoke meant and surprised by what he did for Minhyuk. Tears filled Minhyuk’s eyes and he bowed to the man and thanked him a thousand times. However, Minhyuk felt a little sting in his heart because he now knew that his dad still didn’t accept the fact that his son was a chef.

“It’s okay Minhyuk. I think taking someone’s passion away is one of the worst thing someone can do.” Mr. Lee patted Minhyuk on his shoulder and smiled warmly at him.

“I will tell you why you’re here, Minhyuk. We will do this every few weeks, you coming here and telling me about everything. Jooheon doesn’t need to know, he will only get angry.” Mr. Lee sighed and took a sip of his drink. “As a father I want you to keep an eye on him. You will be his husband in a while, so you need to take care of him. Whenever he does something wrong you call me, okay? Doesn’t matter what.”

“I’m sure Jooheon is capable of taking care of himself,” Minhyuk complained, he was not Jooheon’s babysitter, “he’s a grown man after all.” Minhyuk scoffed.

His dad chuckled. “No he’s not. I will cut to the point Minhyuk, I found drugs in the house. Drugs Jooheon hid.” Minhyuk rolled his eyes and sighed, this literally was the last thing he needed. A junk as husband. “I don’t know if he sells or uses or if he just wanted to piss me of in an attempt to catch my attention. I’m not telling you to be an investigator, I just want to know why Jooheon would have drugs in the first place.”

A silent fell in the office. Minhyuk was in deep thinking, he was scratching with his nails on his legs, a habit he had when being annoyed. First, Minhyuk thought the drugs would be way to get rid of Jooheon and the marriage, but then Minhyuk realized his dad wouldn’t give a if his son had to marry a junk.

Everything for the business, nothing for the family.

“But don’t worry Minhyuk. I, as a father-in-law, will by all means protect you. That’s why I also need you to check up with me. I need to see if he’s not harming you.”

Minhyuk bit the inside of his cheek, he didn’t want to be here anymore. Even though Mr. Lee offered him protection and guidance, Minhyuk was not convinced. This man was just like his dad, both would never cancel the wedding considering the profit they both gain with it. It wouldn’t matter if Jooheon harmed him or not, a business deal is a business deal.

So Minhyuk just looked up from the table, where he focused his gaze on, looking into Mr. Lee’s eyes. “I will take care of Jooheon and report when something is off.” He gave Jooheon’s dad an reassuring smile and the latter nodded his head.

“Thank you Minhyuk! I will let you go now, considering the restaurant opens in 50 minutes. One of my drivers will give you a ride to work!”

They shook hands one last time and when Minhyuk left his office a man was standing near the elevators waiting for him. “Mr. Im, I’ll drive you to work.”

Minhyuk just nodded and smiled at the man, but his attention was somewhere else.

That stupid junk!

[Sunday, moving day]

Minyhuk sighed, people were everywhere, putting all his moving boxes in the apartment. Minhyuk didn’t want his brothers to join him moving in, it would’ve been way too painful for all of them. The image of Changkyun trying to hold in his tears while saying goodbye was heartbreaking. He also noticed how silent Hyunwoo was, which was rare considering he always said how he fellt. Minhyuk knew his brothers did it to prevent Minhyuk from feeling worse.

So instead of his brothers, Jimin joined him, the lady from the entrance desk of the company. She offered to help him unpack his stuff. “Otherwise you will leave the boxes like that for weeks!” Even though Minhyuk didn’t know Jimin that well he appreciated her help. Right now Jimin was unpacking Minhyuk’s boxes with clothes and was arranging them in the dressing room, which was connected to Minhyuk’s bedroom.

Their bedroom.

As soon as Minhyuk entered the apartment he noticed there was only one bedroom and one bathroom. He quickly decided to just sleep on the couch, which didn’t look uncomfortable. Minhyuk also noticed that Jooheon already had put all of his stuff in the apartment, but Minhyuk was relieved when there was no sign of the person himself.

When Minhyuk came home from work he grabbed a sandwich and was watching a show on TV on the couch, but he got all stiffened up when the door slammed open.

Jooheon stepped in so he could close the door, when he turned around he just kept staring into Minhyuk’s eyes, standing still while leaning against the door. Jooheon’s facial expression was dark and he just stared at Minhyuk for a couple of minutes before he spoke.

“Looking cozy, I would almost join.” Jooheon said scornful. “Too bad you’re not my type.”

 “Probably prefer something more high.” He sassed under his breath, but Minhyuk didn’t try to be discrete, so he wasn’t that surprised when Jooheon’s whole face turned into an angry scowl.

“What did you say, sweetie?” Jooheon tilted his head slightly and an annoyed grin spread on his face. He walked closer to Minhyuk and crouched down in front of the couch, making them face eye to eye. Minhyuk was taken back by the sudden closeness of Jooheon, he just tried to ignore the latter by looking over his shoulder at the TV screen.

But Jooheon didn’t give up that quickly and his hand grabbed Minhyuk’s shoulder and pushed it to the back of the couch. Jooheon’s face came closer, their noses almost touching.

“Repeat.”

Minhyuk tried to get up again but he was pushed back by the hand on his shoulder. He noticed how Jooheon didn’t use a lot of energy and Minhyuk realized that Jooheon is much stronger than him.

Maybe he should hit you Minhyuk, it would make the chances of getting married much lower.

 “Oh I’m sorry, I was being rude.” Minhyuk said cooingly. Jooheon laughed sardonically and he leaned back. “But still Jooheon, don’t bring filthy drugs into our house.” Minhyuk gave him a big fake smile.

Jooheon’s snorted, he stood up and walked to the fridge. He drank some water and Minhyuk ignored him and focused his attention back on the TV screen.

Minhyuk stiffened again when his attention got caught by Jooheon snapping his fingers and throwing a paper on the table in front of the couch. Jooheon glared at Minhyuk while shaking his head and making a disapproving clacking sound with his mouth.

Jooheon entered the bedroom and Minhyuk’s curiosity took over so he grabbed the paper on the table. When the paper came closer he recognized it directly, it was the marriage contract he signed. The contract was opened on one page which seemed to be filled with rules. Minhyuk never read the contract, it didn’t matter considering there would be nothing to discuss about.

His attention was drawn to a rule that was highlighted with a yellow marker.

- The couple is obligated to sleep together in one bed.

Minhyuk’s wheezed when he read the rule.

“In your dreams, junk!” Minhyuk yelled, making sure it was loud enough for Jooheon to hear.

Minutes past and Minhyuk was almost dozing off when Jooheon suddenly popped-up before him, only wearing his boxer short. Before Minhyuk’s brain processed what happened he was already lifted up by Jooheon, who walked to the bedroom and threw Minhyuk in their bed. Minhyuk let out a gasp and wanted to get up but Jooheon grabbed his wrists and pushed his leg on Minhyuk waist, keeping the latter in place.

“You probably never saw the impact of drugs on a person right? I did and it’s horrible so don’t you even dare take me for a worthless junk,” Jooheon hissed in Minhyuk’s ear, “and if you dare to move out of this bed I’m going make sure you won’t move anymore, understood?” 

Minhyuk could feel Jooheon’s warm breath on his neck and it gave him shivers down his spine. He was frozen and all he could do was nod.

“Good boy.” Jooheon pushed himself off Minhyuk and rolled over to his side of the bed, he fell asleep after a couple of minutes.

But Minhyuk didn’t, the first half hour he was too afraid to even move in their bed. After a while he turned to his side, facing Jooheon. The shivers kept running down Minhyuk’s spine and Minhyuk kept his eyes wide open, watching Jooheon carefully.

Minhyuk was way too afraid to sleep and he only closed his eyes when Jooheon’s alarm went off and slept when he heard Jooheon leave their apartment for school.

After that night, Minhyuk was convinced Jooheon is a dirty player. He already experienced how Jooheon coped with his anger during their dinner and Minhyuk was really afraid

that Jooheon would take all his anger out on him.

 



Are you all excited about how Jooheon and Minhyuk will be living together???! ^^ 
Aaaah, I already typed out so many ideas for future chapters. Can't wait to share it! 

I hope you all are feeling well and have a lovely week ♥ 

+ To all my viewers, upvoters, subscribers and commenters: thank you, you all make me soft and fluffy ♥.♥