Spitting Fire

CEO chef

“That facking !” Jooheon smashed his fork aggressively on his plate causing a piece of food to land on Kihyun’s face.

“Mmm, food poisoning, thanks mate!” Kihyun said sarcastically while shooting daggers with his eyes at Jooheon. The sight made Wonho laugh because even when he was pissed Wonho couldn’t take his cousin, Kihyun, seriously.

“Yeah, of course you can laugh with it Mister protein shake! I’m always the one suffering from cranky Jooheon!” 

“Don’t be overdramatic Kihyunnie! It’s just some food, wipe it off and it will be gone. Almost like it’s magic.” Wonho said mockingly while winking at his pissed off friend.

“You know Kihyun, it’s always soooo easy to know why Jooheon is pissed.”

“I know. Definitely after hearing the words ‘facking’ and ‘’ only for like a hundred times in the same context.”

Wonho grinned. “Exactly!” Kihyun saw the change in Wonho’s eyes, changing into little devilish lights and Kihyun was thankful he was sitting next to Jooheon, one outrage and he could easily escape from the school cafeteria.

“How’s that hot stepmom of yours?”  Before Wonho received an answer Kihyun was bursting out in laughter. Jooheon didn’t even say a word but Wonho’s face and shirt were drenched in ice cold water. “Thanks, really needed this Jooheon. Thinking of your stepmom makes me feel hot and luckily I’m wearing a white shirt. So I feel less hot but I look much hotter.”

Honestly, who could deny it. Even drenched in water Wonho looked like a main dish of a five star restaurant. And his white and soaked shirt didn’t help either, his muscles were now even more marked in his already tight shirt.

“She is just all the money out of dad!” Another smash with his fork on his plate. “That witch doesn’t even work. The only thing she does is shopping and drinking in fancy bars with her hypocrite so-called friends.”

“Okay, we know what she’s like Jooheon. But can you please stop assaulting your fork and plate, they did nothing wrong.” Kihyun said, afraid that he (again) would get splashed by some pieces of what their school called healthy lunch food.

Jooheon sighed and leaned back on his chair, closing his eyes in an attempt to calm himself down. “It’s just such a mess,” Jooheon opened his eyes and pain was written all over it, “dad is so stressed out because the company’s profit is becoming lower and lower, and all she does is spending more money than ever before.”

“Don’t worry Jooheon, your brothers are managing the companies in Japan and China very well. Those still have profit so the main company in Korea will be just fine.”

Jooheon just nodded and drunk some of his water. He wasn’t hungry anymore and just forced himself to not think about it anymore. Forcing himself to not get jealous of his two half-brothers who lived far away from their witch stepmom, and who were independently leading a company. But the jealousy faded quickly when Jooheon thought about how both his brothers got forced to marry a rich Japanese and Chinese woman. Jooheon’s brothers were much older than him, and both married around the time they were 27 years old. So Jooheon had around 10 years the time to find someone he loved and marry that person. He would never marry for money and power, even though he loved to have both of these things.

They boys looked at their friend with sympathy, they didn’t like to see Jooheon this down. Jooheon has always been a confident guy who would always walk straight and with his head high. To the outside world he may looked like a cold, rich kid who could get everything he ever wanted in the world but money would never compensate for love. To strangers he acted cold, but he would always be decent enough to say hello or you’re welcome. He would smile back when people looked at him and so many people had contradicting opinions about him, no one could see through his surface. Except for his best friends, Wonho and Kihyun.

Kihyun had known Jooheon for all his life, they were practically family. They were always raised together because of Kihyun’s mom working in Jooheon’s company, she is the right hand of the chairman. They lived close together and because their parents were always busy during the day they would have the same nanny, or would go to the same daycare and eventually they always went to the same school.

Kihyun’s parents married at a young age, but despite that and their busy life they were still in love with each other. Kihyun was always grateful for having his parents, he had always been happy with his life. His parents had a decent salary and Kihyun would always get what he wants. However, Kihyun knew that life did not always work that way. He both had parents who worked their way up in the social hierarchy; they were not born rich, they studied and worked very hard to get where they are at.

Kihyun noticed too how his mother was more stressed about work lately, she tried to hide it but her mood was so down that Kihyun knew something was up. One night he heard his mom talking to his dad, crying about how the company had almost no profit anymore and even though she had a high status, she was afraid that the company would go bankrupt and she would get fired. It broke Kihyun’s heart hearing his mother cry. His mom would always talk about how she felt and she forced her husband and son also to talk about their feelings and problems but she barely cried. These were the moments that Kihyun missed his twin sister very much. Currently, she was studying abroad in Canada. Kihyun’s twin sister moved there since the third year of high school. They had a good sibling bond but because she lived so far away it didn’t have a chance to become a really close bond.

Jooheon and Kihyun had always been fond of each other, they always had each other’s back. When Kihyun and Jooheon were 9 years another person joined them; Wonho.

Wonho was Kihyun’s cousin and was the same age as them. His parents, two lawyers, moved to Seoul for work. Kihyun and Wonho their family was not that big, Wonho had no siblings and Kihyun had only his twin sister, further, they had no other uncles or aunts. So Wonho was super happy that he would have a family member close to him. He never really received much love and attention from his parents, they were always busy working and money was the only important thing in the world. It was the only thing they would talk about.

Wonho always saw Kihyun and Jooheon as his saviors, even though he never told them. Wonho was never really happy during his childhood but it all became much brighter when he was closer to his best friends. Wonho may have a big mouth and a big craving for partying, drinking and sleeping around, but he was glad he finally met people whereby he didn’t had to act as if everything was perfect. Kihyun and Jooheon knew about his ty parents and whenever Wonho felt like the unloved child again, his friends would be there for him and cheer him up.

...

Jooheon came home around 20:00. After school he hanged out with Wonho and they went to a bar; both of them didn’t want to go home and so they decided that drinking was a good idea. Jooheon knew that his dad wouldn’t be home after school, because like always, the man would be at work. There were a few times per week that Jooheon’s dad wouldn’t even come home and stayed in the hotel across the company. The only person he would see at home would be his stepmom, a person Jooheon didn’t want to see.

But of course Jooheon was a lucky guy…

from the moment he stepped foot into the luxurious penthouse he heard a voice that made his blood boil.

“Where have you been?”

Facking .

“Tssss, from the way you walk I can already tell you’ve been drinking. Are you really that brainless? Drinking after school, on a Tuesday? Do you want to embarrass your father? You really are an ungrateful-”

“Shut up you gold- woman. I know what you’re doing.” Jooheon stumbled towards his stepmom, while pointing a finger at her. “You think you’re clever right? But I see right through you!” Jooheon smirks and takes one step closer, making him face his stepmother and looking right into her eyes. “Come on, pack your broom and fly away witch. I’ll make you lose this dirty game you’re playing.”

Suddenly, Jooheon’s body starts to shiver because he hears he sound he never had before. His stepmom let out a sneer, so filthy and full of despise.

“Jooheon, wait till you see what I got in store for you.” And with that the woman winks at Jooheon while giving him one last fake laugh before walking towards the door and leaving.

“AAAAAAAARGH!” Jooheon lets out a big scream, loud enough for his stepmom to hear.

Filthy witch.

Jooheon smirks.

“You really think you can terrorize me.”

He looks at himself in the mirror hanging in their spacious living room.

“We’ll see about that.”

 



A/N

Hehe, of course I had to call the first chapter with Jooheon "spitting fire".  I first wanted to write a quite negative background on Kihyun too but I couldn't get it over my heart to give all 3 of them such a messy background :(   
As you see, I also try to give lots of details about the other characters. Right now it may be lots of info but I thought it would be nicer if I give all the family backgrounds in the first chapters so that I don't need lots of explaining to do in the next chapters. 

I hope you all are doing fine ♥  I also hope you enjoy my story so far. Please leave a comment if you like it, or if you have something that bothers you ^^  (you are allowed to give criticism, as long as you do it in a kind/respectful way. No worries, I don't hold grudges haha :D ) 

And as always: I'm not a native English speaker so if there are major grammatic mistakes or confusingly written parts than please let me know!

♥