Chapter 23

CEO chef

“ANOTHER ONE!” A drunk voice said while wobbling unsteadily on his feet. The bartender laughed. “Are you sure about that?”

“No, like his brain can process anything right now.” A very drunken Hyungwon looked next to him, and slapped his hand rather hard on Wonho’s arm.

“JUST LOOK AT YOU DAMMNNNN.” Hyungwon tried to do the y whistle but failed miserable and ended up throwing out little drops of spit.

Wonho sighed while Hyungwon kept on trying to whistle and eventually gave up, going for a wink.

“Let’s go, I think you outdid yourself tonight. Big time.” Wonho wrapped his arm around Hyungwon’s shoulders and pulled him towards the exit of the Monsta Club.

“But I don’t want to go go Wonho.” Hyungwon said sadly while pouting and shaking his head.

Wonho laughed hard. “Sorry Hyungwon, but acting cute is not your style and sure as hell won’t let me keep you here in this club.”

“I’ll drink water. Pinky promise?” Hyungwon stuck out his pink but Wonho slapped it lightly off.

“No one wastes money on water in a club, you’re offending me. It’s late already Hyungwon, let’s go home.”

They already were outside the club when suddenly Hyungwon started to panic.

“Wonho! I can’t go home! My mom will get super pissed, I disappointed her so much already. I really can’t.”

“But not going home will make her at ease?” Wonho said sarcastically while rolling his eyes at the younger one, clearly irritated by Hyungwon’s immatureness. Yes, Wonho also had times he drank too much and couldn’t walk straight, but Hyungwon outnumbered him in the short time he tagged along partying with them. There was nothing wrong with it, but if he knew his mother gets pissed about it then he shouldn’t always drink that much.

“Well, I told her that maybe I would sleep over by Changkyun’s.” 

That name. It was enough to trigger something deep down in Wonho. He felt a tingling sensation in his lips and thought back about how they kissed after school when Changkyun was pissed at him. But that kiss didn’t change anything because Changkyun still didn’t talk to him.

It frustrated Wonho so, so much. They already kissed multiple times, yet there was no progress.

He promised Changkyun to protect him, take care of him and Changkyun seemed so happy about it. But now, he just ignored Wonho and acted like his words meant nothing. Wonho didn’t even get a chance to prove it, while he really wanted to.

“NO WAYY, YOU REALLY DO LOVE MY BEST FRIEND WTF. THAT’S RIDICU-CU- wait REDICILIOUSILY.” Inside the club the music canceled out a big deal of Hyungwon’s drunken yelling but in the outside it sounded like a loud alarm going off on a silent morning. Wonho slammed his hand on Hyungwon’s mouth, trying to shut him up but it couldn’t cancel out the laughter coming from a drunk Hyungwon. Wonho cursed in himself, he may look like a tough man, but he had always been an open book to others. He has difficulty keeping his facial expression neutral when he feels emotional and he cries easily, luckily not many people knew about that.

A few people who were smoking outside or were catching a breath were now focused in the duo and some laughed with how hilarious the long Hyungwon acted. Wonho felt his cheeks started to burn and he was glad it was late at night, so no one noticed.

“Walk yourself.” Wonho said while he turned around and started walking towards his home, but he quickly noticed he was being followed.

Wonho turned abruptly. “Hyungwon, I cannot take you to my home. My parents will kill me, they don’t like strangers in their apartment.”

“That’s okay, because I’m going to Changkyun’s.” Wonho just nodded. Hyungwon followed Wonho and even though it irritated him, Wonho just assumed Changkyun lived also in this direction. But just before Wonho got to his home Hyungwon popped a question that made him feel a little taken back.

“Want to tag along?”

“To Changkyun’s? Idiot. He is probably sleeping and I assume as a best friend you know damn well what happened.”

“Well, it’s quite far from here and I feel so tired and I just want to lay down but maybe you want to see him and bring me there with your car. Pleaseee.”

Wonho clicked his tongue. “What did he tell you?” He tried to ask casually, as if he was not dying to know what was going on inside Changkyun’s mind.

Hyungwon giggled. “Dudeeeeeeee,” he playfully slapped Wonho’s shoulder and started to do a drunken victory dance, “You are totally whipped.”

Wonho let out a frustrated groan and turned away from Hyungwon, now being 100% done with the drunk boy.

“He doesn’t believe the things you said but it’s mainly because he doesn’t let people come close to him.” Wonho turned around, surprised about the serious tone in which Hyungwon spoke. “But you knew that right? I mean I’m his only friend. And weren’t you there when he panicked at that company party?”

Wonho nodded, he could still imagine vividly how Changkyun was sobbing loudly in the toilets, looking all panicked and troubled.

“Did you know that happened before? Lots of times.” Hyungwon looked worried, he was worried about his friend. After the company party it seemed like Changkyun became more aware of the people around him, like at lunch he couldn’t seem to relax in the full cafeteria and during class he seemed more stressed out when teachers asked him to answer a question. Hyungwon was happy it was not that worse as previous times his best friend became anxious but Hyungwon was worried that it could become like that again.

He also realized Wonho didn’t know anything about it. And when Hyungwon saw the other’s questionable look he shook his head.

“I’m sorry, it’s not up to me to tell you this Wonho. I’m too drunk for much drama anyway.”

Wonho sighed when he turned off the car. Hyungwon’s  “funny” drunken state overtook his seriousness and he cracked lame jokes the entire ride. At one point Wonho just wanted to throw him out without stopping.

Hyungwon almost rang the bell when Wonho stopped him.

“What? Do you still need some mentally prepare time?” Hyungwon teasingly said.

Wonho rolled his eyes. “No, idiot. I just assume you don’t want to piss off his dad and big brother right?”

Hyungwon mouthed an ‘o’ shape and nodded, taking out his phone and trying to call Changkyun. Wonho sniggered, seeing Hyungwon struggle with his phone way too drunk to even call someone so Wonho snatched it out of the other’s hands and called him himself.

“Hyungwon?” A sleepy voice said on the other side of the line, and Wonho got knocked out by how cute Changkyun’s voice sounded.

“Is something wrong?” The voice sounded more awake.

“Hyungwon was too drunk so he asked me to bring him here.” There falls a silent and Wonho looked at the screen to check if Changkyun was still on the phone; he was. Wonho felt how his heart started beating harder and began to slightly panic because he didn’t know what to say.

It was typical for him, at the moments he had to speak he always chickened out.

When Wonho looked up at Hyungwon, wondering why the drunkard isn’t saying anything, he meets him making heart gestures while grinning widely. And when Wonho was at a point of wiping that grin away the door suddenly opened.

Hyungwon lets out a little screech.

“OH MY G-” Changkyun’s eyes become wide and he looked slightly panicked. But Wonho quickly covered Hyungwon’s mouth, making him shut up and is relieved when he sees Changkyun relaxes.

“Can you keep it down Hyungwon!” Changkyun hissed. He waves his hands, making Hyungwon and Wonho follow him inside the apartment.

When they enter the apartment they directly come out at a big living room.

“You sit down there. Don’t make a sound.” Changkyun coldly said as he walked away with Hyungwon to another door.

Twenty minutes pass before Changkyun came back. Wonho got startled when the younger came to him and grabbed his hand, pulling Wonho along with him to another room.

Which turned out to be Changkyun’s bedroom.

Wonho doesn’t know why but he feels his cheeks heating and when he heard the closing of the bedroom door his heart started to beat even more.

“You got to be kidding me! Really?” Changkyun looked at Wonho with his face full of disgust.

“I-I didn’t mean to.”

Changkyun scoffed. “What? Your body and mind are not one? Damn, always knew something was wrong with you.”

Wonho got surprised by the harshness of Changkyun’s words, although Wonho knew he deserved it. It made his heart clench and a feeling of hopelessness overtook him. The boy in his pajama’s, standing in front of him; a head smaller than Wonho and a body much more vulnerable than that of his. There were multiple times they were close, both exploding with warmth, but Changkyun seemed to be as far away as possible from Wonho. Were they ever that close? Or did Wonho just imagine it, not thinking about what Changkyun really experienced.

Wonho got saddened when the thought came to mind that maybe the boy in pajama’s never will be close to him.

He never was to begin with.

But then why was Wonho here?

Why did he feel so ed up lately? Wonho acted like before, Kihyun even scolded him about how easily he got over his “heartbreak”. But the truth was that Wonho had felt like a robot in the past weeks, he did the things he always did because the habits were all programmed in his brain, all ready to be executed automatically.

“How come you’re not drunk?” The voice made Wonho snap his head up.

Wonho’s throat felt dry and he wringed his hands. “I-I have a breakfast with my grandparents tomorrow morning.”

Changkyun lightly nodded and Wonho could hear him mutter something about “acting like the perfect grandson you are.”

A short silence fell before Changkyun started to speak again, slightly less annoyed and Wonho’s heart jumped at the sound of the other’s calm and soft voice.

“Then why did you let him drink that much?”

“Like I said before, Hyungwon is old enough to make decisions,” Wonho sighed, “But I admit he is terribly bad at it.”

Changkyun sighed too. “Then why do you even think you can protect people?”

“It’s not the same!” Wonho directly snapped, but he soon realized he may have said that a little too hard. “! I’m sorry Changkyun.” He ran his hand frustratedly through his hair.

“Hyungwon is a friend but I don’t like him. Not in a way that I want to protect him.” Wonho looked up at Changkyun, looking deeply in the other’s deep brown eyes. “With you it’s different.”

It seemed that his sincere words did have an effect on Changkyun, because the latter was at a loss for words. His cheeks became painted with a light red color and he broke his gaze with Wonho by looking down at the floor. There was silence between them, yet again, and Wonho got more and more nervous with every second that passed.

In the past weeks he did realize he never had wanted someone in the way he wanted Changkyun. And he wanted Changkyun so, so badly.

It made Wonho feel miserable, because he at this; giving love.

He never really felt like he had a purpose in life. Eventually he settled for material and money, just like his parents had. According to them, life was complete when you had lots of money. With money you could buy everything. Having lots of money reflected that you work hard; and being a successful and hard worker meant you made it in life. It didn’t matter that hard work made little Wonho stuck at home with nannies who scolded him every second, and later when he was old enough he was just alone. He was happy when his parents moved closer to his cousin Kihyun, who has always been his best friend, and later he met Jooheon. It was the first time in life he really felt like he belonged somewhere, with people who did care for him. Later, when Wonho got old enough to party he met one of the hottest chicks in town: Jennie. And even though both of them just wanted a one-night stand, by the time they got to a hotel room they were already meant to be friends… and wing-woman/man. He did love them, but as family.

But love, like the real deal love, was scary to Wonho.

He never truly experienced it, the only craving he had known was physical. But with Changkyun it was so unusual. Wonho didn’t just want to have him physically for a few nights, no, he wanted Changkyun in every way possible. He did not just want to him senseless, Wonho wanted to hold him, kiss him softly, , make him smile because Changkyun’s smile was the most healing thing Wonho had ever experienced and most of all, Wonho wanted Changkyun to love him.

Why was it so hard?

Was he really that incapable of loving?

The silence killed Wonho, because if Changkyun didn’t believe him now, than would he ever? Wonho walked towards Changkyun, he didn’t know what exactly he wanted to do himself, but what he did know was that he wanted to be close to Changkyun. Even if the latter would just push him away.

When he was standing in front of Changkyun, their eyes met and nobody stopped Wonho from moving his face closer to Changkyun’s. But before he could taste the younger’s lips a finger was laid on his mouth.

“You’re a bad friend, just like your best friend is a bad husband to my brother. You all facking .” Changkyun whispered calmly, and it made Wonho feel insecure.

“No, I’m not. Really Changkyun, I’m not. Let me prove it to you. You want me to take care of Hyungwon, good, I will. But will you please then give me a chance? Please.”

Wonho knew he sounded desperate as , but he really wanted this.

“Date me, please Changkyun?”

 


 

Date him? Date Wonho?

It somehow felt weird to hear those words, and Changkyun could only look surprised at Wonho.

His heart was beating loudly in his chest and he looked in the desperate eyes of the muscular man who just asked him, in such a vulnerable way, if Changkyun wanted to date him.

And it was at that moment that Changkyun became conscious of how much he felt lost in this world. In this world where he belonged to nothing, and he always convinced himself that he needed nothing much. He didn’t like lots of people around him and never had the longingness to have a lot of friends.

Somehow being a loner had made his life easy and bearable. He never was in competition with other people, never compared himself to other except for his brothers. Changkyun’s dad didn’t put much pressure on him like he did to Hyunwoo and Minhyuk, so Changkyun did live his life but never really had the feeling he wanted to fight for something.

 

He never had the feeling something was worth fighting for.

 

But the past weeks he did wanted to fight for someone, but the problem was that that someone was very unpredictable.

That someone was, regarding to relationships, never taken seriously.

So why would Wonho be serious with someone like Changkyun. Wonho could get almost everyone, like the almost perfect Jennie. So why would he even waste energy to Changkyun. It made him go crazy because Changkyun thought Wonho would give up getting in his pants when he realized Changkyun wasn’t easy.

But that didn’t happen.

Instead Wonho kept looking at him during lunch and a lot of times he tried to meet Changkyun in the hallways of school, but Changkyun always escaped from the situation. And now he was here, desperate as . It made Changkyun’s heart itch.

Was he worth fighting for?

Would someone as outgoing as Wonho tolerate such a nun as Changkyun?

Changkyun didn’t know if it was Wonho’s voice or just the fact that it was late at night, but he felt weak. He did want to be protected by the older man, he did want to feel the other’s lips with his own, he did want to be hold by those strong and muscular arms, he did want to feel protected.

He did want Wonho.

“Fine.” Was all he managed to answer, because Changkyun felt vulnerable and he knew if he would speak more that he would break down right in front of Wonho. His head felt heavy and he could feel the burning sensation in his cheeks, it wasn’t that warm a few minutes ago.

He still felt super insecure but somehow his mood lit up when he saw the excited twinkle in Wonho’s eyes. A smile appeared on his face as a result of contagion, reflecting the smile of the other. They smiled like idiots at each other for a little while until Wonho noticed how tired the younger one looked.

“Thank you, Changkyun. I’ll let you sleep now.” His voice sounded so soft it made Changkyun’s knees weak.

They walked to the outside of the apartment until they stood in the hallway.

“Thank you for taking Hyungwon here, I mean his mother would’ve killed him, no joke.”

“Yeah, you’re welcome.”

They stood there, shifting from one foot to another and looking awkward as hell. Changkyun really had to restrain himself to not throw himself in Wonho’s arms and kiss him silly. Even though he was more convinced now that Wonho was being serious about a relationship, Changkyun still wanted to take his time.

So he did walk closer to Wonho, but when the bigger guy leaned in for a kiss, or whatever he was planning, Changkyun gave him a soft peck on the other’s cheek.

Wonho sniggered. “Good night Changkyun.”

“Goodnight Wonho.”  Changkyun waved one last time before he got back into his apartment and closed the door.

 

When he laid in bed his heart kept beating and he didn’t feel that tired anymore. Moreover, he was wide awake because of the tickling sensation in his stomach. A smile on his big face, even when the door from Minhyuk’s bedroom opened (where Hyungwon was sleeping) and his drunk friend ran to the bathroom to puke his stomach out. Changkyun got up to sooth his friend and even the disgusting puke smell did not fade on inch off of Changkyun’s smile.

 


 

The phone display lit up again, for the third time that night.

Minhyuk sighed. “Sorry Yeri, let me get this quickly.”

Yeri smacked her lips and made and ‘oeeh’ sound, which resulted in Minhyuk giving her a light slap on the top of her head which made her die (obviously faked).

He walked outside of the crowded bar and picked up his phone.

“Minhyuk.” The sound of Jooheon’s voice sounded cold and slightly irritated.

“Jooheon.”

“Where is the food? Where are you?” A grin appeared on Minhyuk’s face while he rolled his eyes.

“I’m out, you can make your own food for tonight.”

“Why didn’t you inform me about this?”

“Well, weren’t you the one not coming home directly after school. I just assumed you would probably eat with God knows who.”

“Yeah yeah, whatever, I’ll get some take-out .”

The line was silent for a few seconds and Minhyuk assumed Jooheon was already gone but then he started talking again.

“With who?”

“Yeri.” The sound of someone clicking his tongue on the other side of the line was quite hard.

“You hang out a lot with her lately, no?”

“She’s fun.”

“Good. Have fun.” And then Minhyuk heard the peeping sound indicating that the phone call ended.

“Idiot.”

Minhyuk sighed deeply and took some deep breaths of air before walking back into the bar, to Yeri who was patiently waiting for him.

“Husband stuff again?” Yeri asked with a teasing grin.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes and drank his shot of soju in one go.

“I think we talked enough about that for tonight.” He smiled at Yeri.

“You’re right! Let have fun Minmin!” She got up and took Minhyuk’s hand, guiding him to the dancefloor where they partied until early morning.

 



 

So I planned on uploading by the weekend but whooops, I guess it's Monday *shame shame one me*   SORRY I :(((

Anyway, reason is that my thesis is killing me and I had a deadline -again-, and then I wanted to finish this chapter in the weekend but I suddenly got family visiting with my cute nephew who loves to be tickled by my hair and gives drooling kissies which is disgusting yet so precious. And I also got to see one of my friends who is living in france for almost a year so I had dinner with her and it was fun. 

But no worries, I'm still planning on uploading again this week before I go on a little vacation -Friday to Sunday-, so let's just hope I'm not lying right now lol. 

 

This chapter was more Wonho and Changkyun based, I really wanted to write about them before I got back to the Joohyuk part. I'm planning on making my chapters back to switching more between characters because I prefer it that way. 

 

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS UPDATE BIG KISS SORRY AGAIN TAKE CARE BE GOOD AND DON'T DO DRUGS BYE ♥  ♥  ♥