Chapter 25

CEO chef

Yes, the Changkyun-Wonho storyline is still a thing (and I'm hella soft for it). 
+ I also tried to make the time-window more clear in the story (as in which month it is etc), because I think it was a bit messy at this point hehe. 

Anyways, enjoy! ♥ 

 



 

“I never saw someone cry that hard while watching a movie.” Changkyun chuckled.

“It was Dumbledore! I’m really doubting if you’re a psychopath right now. Like who wouldn’t cry? This will give me nightmares Changkyun!” Wonho said while dramatically opening his eyes wide and looking straight at Changkyun with open mouth.

Changkyun laughs again, followed by a cooing sound and grabbing Wonho around his waist.

“Ice cream or alcohol?”

“For this traumatic event? Ice cream of course.” Wonho fakingly sobs.

“Everything to make you feel better.” Changkyun playfully winked at Wonho, who smiled back and put his arms around the other’s shoulders.

The streets were peaceful, not in a way that it was abandoned. But there were only a few groups of people who came out of the cinema and some people were smoking their cigarette outside of different bars, but nothing loud or disturbing.

The weather was not really warm, but most of winter had passed. The wind was not strong on this late night during February, but it didn’t matter how cold it was because Changkyun could swear his body was burning from Wonho’s touch on his shoulders.

Changkyun had been super stressed for today; his date with Wonho. He felt more and more nervous as every hour passed. He cursed himself multiple times because why would he be nervous around a man he already kissed multiple times?

By the time he was about to meet Wonho, Changkyun’s stress level went through the roof.

However, everything went smooth. They were far too early for the movie so they grabbed a drink first and talked about lots of stuff so naturally. Wonho rested his hand on Changkyun’s when he noticed the younger one was getting nervous, and it made Changkyun feel so at ease - even though he felt like his heart was going to explode.

But there was a spark when Wonho touched him, just like the previous times, only this time it was much more innocent.

And Changkyun was 110% sure at that moment, that he was whipped as hell for Wonho.

So they ended up at a small ice cream place, and decided to go for a big sharing ice coupe. Which turned out to be a mistake considering both were talking so much instead of eating ice cream that at one point they had to hurry with eating ice cream because everything started to melt into one big cold soup. They almost died of laughter when both of them got a brain freeze at the exact same moment and the waiter’s worried look, because he probably thought that Changkyun and Wonho’s last brain cells died with it.

Eventually they had to leave the ice salon because it was closing time; according to the waiter because both Changkyun and Wonho were convinced that the place’s closing hour was much later. But it didn’t ruin their mood, almost nothing could.

But that was before Changkyun was standing before a bar that looked all too familiar, even though he only came here one time before. Wonho just walked in very relaxed, because Changkyun already figured out he came here more often.

He sighed one time and followed the big guy inside.

“Wonho!” Changkyun internally rolled his eyes when he saw Jennie throwing herself at Wonho. Even though Wonho already told him a thousand times she was just a good friend, Changkyun couldn’t let it go.

Like, who could?

Jennie looked like a goddess, and Changkyun couldn’t deny the fact that she would look perfect together with Wonho. Both had great physical proportions, faces that looked flawless but still had something special, and they both probably had the same lifestyle.

“Oh hey Changkyun, nice to see you again.” She smiled at Changkyun. “You both get a seat and I’ll come to take your orders in a few minutes.” With that, Jennie walked back to the bar and started bringing drinks to the other costumers.

They decided to take the same table as previous time, Jennie came to take their drinks but didn’t seem to have much time chatting because it was quite busy in the bar.

It made Changkyun feel relieved, because he would feel slightly uncomfortable with Jennie third wheeling during their date (which was going super smooth). But there was no discomfort, rather there were lots of laughs and teasing and Changkyun wondered how red his face was when Wonho made him blush for the nth time that night.

Would that ever stop? The feeling that Wonho’s words are knocking all the air out of Changkyun’s body, only leaving it with a tingling sensation which makes him dizzy, yet warm on the inside.

It seemed so weird to Changkyun, to finally fall in love with somebody. And he knew that a lot of people would say Wonho is the trashy one compared to him, but somehow Changkyun felt like he didn’t deserve someone like Wonho in his life.

 

It all seemed so bright.

 

Not only Wonho’s smile and the way his eyes lit up when he looked at Changkyun, but also Changkyun’s future.

Changkyun almost snorted out loud. Was he really becoming that sentimental romanticist? 

But he wouldn’t mind living a life led by his emotion, rather than his mind that has always made life grey and boring.

Wouldn’t it be great to see many colors for once? To feel like, whatever mistake you make, there will always be someone to catch you.

It felt like that was exactly going to happen, and didn’t Wonho promise? Didn’t he promise to protect Changkyun? Didn’t he say he liked Changkyun?

Well, after this night Changkyun also knew he liked the big muscular guy (that cried over a fictional wizard’s death) a lot.

“A penny for your thoughts?” Wonho grinned, taking another sip from his beer.

Changkyun squinted his eyes playfully and pointed his index finger towards Wonho.

“Yeah, that you actually drink a lot for someone who’ll be driving.”

Wonho sniggered. “Well, I never saw someone looking so warmly while thinking about someone drunk driving. You must like though guys.”

“Guess I’m stuck with you then.” Changkyun almost slapped a hand on his mouth, not meaning to say something so obvious. But he long forgot his little panic when he saw something he thought would take a while to see.

A slight blush on Wonho’s face, who couldn’t even manage to look into Changkyun’s eyes and stared at his beer.

After a little while Wonho said something so soft, and Changkyun almost didn’t hear it.

“I’ll drink something different after this one, don’t worry.”

It made Changkyun smile, because even though he was teasing Wonho when he made the drunk-driving remark, there was some truth in it. Wonho didn’t ignore that, he didn’t argue over it and he even decided to switch to something non-alcoholic.

When Wonho’s blush disappeared and he finally looked back to Changkyun, they just started talking like before. Giggling and teasing, time didn’t seem to pass because both were surprised when it was already 1:30, but that didn’t made them end their date.

 

At one point something Changkyun started to notice something a little out of place, Wonho was facing with his back towards the bar and the other tables so he couldn’t see it. And Changkyun knew he would be too obvious if he told Wonho.

But there was this guy, that kept staring at him, not even looking away when Changkyun made eye contact with him.

The other guy looked at Changkyun with a very serious and dark expression, it made Changkyun feel uncomfortable because after a while he wasn’t able to ignore it anymore. And it was like the unknown guy knew, because suddenly a mocking smirk appeared on his face and he stared even more intensely into Changkyun’s eyes.

At the moment Changkyun wanted to ask Wonho if he knew the guy Wonho excused himself because he needed to go to the toilet upstairs.

Changkyun could have guessed what would happen once Wonho was gone, because the guy didn’t even wait until Wonho was out of full sight when he sat down in front of Changkyun.

The smirk turned into a big wolf grin. “Wonho’s Jun.”

Changkyun raised an eyebrow, feeling very uncomfortable and overtaken by the unexpected cockiness of the stranger.

“Changkyun.” It didn’t really felt like they were introducing each other, and Changkyun started hoping Wonho would return quickly when a nasty laugh escaped Jun’s mouth.

“Exactly. You’re just Changkyun, you’re no one. But I am Wonho’s Jun.” The last words he said very slowly, making sure to emphasize every word and the meaning behind it very clearly.

An annoyed and loud sigh made both Jun and Changkyun look to their side.

“No you’re not Jun. I’m even pretty sure you were never his to begin with. Get over yourself and leave Changkyun alone.”

Jun mouth was half open, squinting his eyes furiously at Jennie, pushing his tongue against his inner cheek.

He snorted. “Whatever Jennie.” He threw her a fake smile and focused his attention back on Changkyun. “Like you will be able to handle something big like that.” The mocking smile reappeared on Jun’s face and he winked at Changkyun before standing up and walking out of the bar.

A little awkward silence fell while Jennie was still standing besides Changkyun.

“Just… don’t mind him Changkyun, he’s really lost his mind.”

Changkyun just nodded and gave Jennie a little smile. He was stunned by the sudden encounter of “Wonho’s” Jun. Honestly, the guy scared the life out of Changkyun with the way he looked at him.

“He would kill me if he heard me, but Wonho really likes you Changkyun. Don’t let people who can’t get over their ex kill that vibe between you two.”

Changkyun grinned a little.

That vibe.

Changkyun didn’t even had a clue which vibe Wonho and him had, but somehow Jennie’s words made him feel better because after all, wasn’t she one of Wonho’s best friends?

“My ears are itching. Jennie, are you gossiping about me again?”

Jennie laughed loudly, “I would watch out Wonho, I almost convinced Changkyun to date with me.”

Wonho fakingly scoffed. “Right, that poor boy wouldn’t even last with you for five minutes.” Then he looked teasingly at Jennie. “No one would.”

And that was the beginning of a five minute bickering between Wonho, who apparently hit a sensitive nerve, and Jennie. Once every ten seconds a curse word was used, followed by some pulling and pushing, serious faces switched by laughing ones and vice versa. Changkyun would’ve been worried about Jennie pulling out Wonho’s hair if he didn’t know the two were playing. 

After that Jennie was out of breath and started working again, scolding Wonho for distracting her from her work (of course, also in a teasing way).

It made Changkyun trust Jennie a little bit more, because the way they were fighting was like he always fought with Minhyuk. You could tell in the way how Jennie treated Wonho that she was fond of him, but in a sibling kind of way.

They didn’t stay that much longer after that, considering it got pretty late and both still had school tomorrow. Wonho drove Changkyun home, and a silly smile appeared on Changkyun’s face when he remembered Wonho indeed kept his word of not drinking any alcohol anymore that night.

Even though everything was peaceful, Changkyun still had one name taunting his mind.

He sighed. “Wonho?”

Wonho quickly snatched his head to the side, slight panic on his face. “What’s wrong?”

Changkyun giggled, feeling attacked by the uwu Wonho sometimes could be. “No need to panic though. It’s just a question, but I’m not sure if you’re going to like it.”

“I won’t get mad, you can ask me anything, pinky promise.” Wonho said while stretching out his hand towards Changkyun, presenting him his pink. Changkyun smiled, feeling bubbly by doing this silly act 8-year old girls normally do.    

“Who’s Jun?”

A silence fell, and Changkyun already started to curse himself, seeing the question really caught Wonho off guard.

“Oh, you know Jun?” Wonho asked, clearly confused.

“Not really, he just approached me at the bar when you were gone.”

Wonho sighed, followed by clenching his teeth, and to Changkyun it looked like Wonho was doing that so hard he could possibly break his jaw.

“Changkyun?”

“Y-yes?” Wonho’s aura turned into something very serious, but also dark and intimidating,  and Changkyun kept cursing himself for (probably) ruining such a fantastic date night.

“Don’t ever listen to that piece of . He’s out of his facking mind.”

“I didn’t believe him in the first place, trust me.”

A little smile appeared back on Wonho’s face, replacing a part of that darkness.

“And besides, Jennie got rid of him very easily.”

Wonho tsked playfully. “Of course Kim ing Jennie could do that.”

And that was that, as easily as it was starting to talk about Jun, the topic also easily went forgotten. Wonho didn’t ask exactly what Jun said to Changkyun, but there was no point in continuing to talk about Jun because it obviously made Wonho feel mad.

Changkyun was still curious about that guy, but he decided to let it rest and maybe one day Wonho would talk about it.

But now, the night was still perfect and Changkyun didn’t want to go home. He wanted to stay,

stay close to Wonho.

“That’s quite a big smile, pretty boy.” Said Wonho who reflected the same facial expression.

It was blinding, Wonho’s smile, and his twinkling eyes, and just everything. Changkyun knew Wonho was not perfect, but to him he was.

“You’re pretty.” It was dark so Changkyun was doubting if he really saw a little bit of blush appear on the other’s face, he let himself allow to think it was true because it made the moment feel that much better.

“And you’re home.”

Changkyun looked out of the front window of the car. Yep, that was his apartment.

That stupid apartment where he was most of the time lonely because his father and oldest brother decided to be workaholics for life. The apartment that was big and luxurious, but didn’t really had any warm, household feeling. It was too big, too silent, there were no pictures beside one of the last pictures together with their mom, but even that one was standing in the corner of the room on a little table with flowers, barely noticeable.

Maybe it would feel warmer if Wonho came in, Changkyun would give him everything as long as he stayed. He would even destroy his own peace of mind if it meant for Wonho to stay.

But Changkyun knew now was not the right time for luring Wonho in, they were just starting to learn to know each other, they just started dating. But the tension in the car raised that much when Wonho said he’ll see Changkyun again and that he enjoyed every minute of their date.

Changkyun was way too slow to read his own mind, to know what it was planning because before he realized his lips were crashing against Wonho’s.

 


 

Minhyuk felt weird lately, in a pleasant way, but still weird as .

He couldn’t get a hold on it, on what Jooheon and him were doing lately. Everything seemed so out of place, it was way better than how they were before, but is still didn’t feel 100% right.

“Well, he must be a good kisser if you keep on giving in after all the he has done to you.” Yeri sneered. Minhyuk knew she didn’t mean no harm, at times he even knew she was right, but he couldn’t deny it made him feel even worse.

“It all feels so… ambiguous.”

Yeri gasped. “Well, that’s the least you can call it. Minhyuk, are you really out of your mind? This dude treated you like for so long, and now when he discovered he as a little thing for you, you are just going to give in that easily?”

Minhyuk clacked his tongue. “Yeri, I don’t know if you realize but I have to marry him. Is it worth fighting like this when I know I’ll be stuck with him for a long, long time?”

“I get your point, but at least you could have given him a little bit of a hard time. It’s not like he tried to win you over.”

Minhyuk shrugged and sighed. He knew Jooheon didn’t put that much effort into things, but it was not like Minhyuk did either. He was just hoping things would become more bearable and warm at home.

Only lately it seemed like their mind and body were not in sync. Their minds were just starting to feel peaceful when being together, while their bodies were already full of heat; lips continuing to tease each other and hands walking over soft skin.

His cellphone vibrated and when he read the message he got his heart stopped a beat.

“What’s wrong?” Yeri asked, immediately aware of the sudden shift in Minhyuk’s state.

“I need to go, apparently I have an appointment to be at.”

Yeri frowned. “What about work?”

“Apparently someone already took care of that.” Minhyuk answered, being as confused as Yeri was.

He quickly gave her a little peck on her cheek. “I’ll update you as soon as I know what this it. See you.”

Yeri nodded, a little bit overtaken by the sudden rush of Minhyuk. But she noticed how tense the other got, so she tried all she could do in this little time to make him feel a little more confident.

“Minhyuk, it will be all right!”

“Did you also got that text message?”


Minhyuk sighed. “Yes.”

“Well, I guess we should get ready then. They expect us in one hour.”

Minhyuk nodded, and all the rest happened in pure silence; they washed up and both put on fancy clothing.

Both boys had a bad gut feeling from the moment they received a text message from their dad, demanding them to come to dinner tonight. Jooheon already asked Minhyuk if he knew what it was about but the latter was as clueless as him. 

He felt stressed and annoyed about it. Stressed because their dads were always putting way too much pressure on them and didn’t let them live. Annoyed because Jooheon was waiting for Minhyuk to come home from work later tonight so that he could crash his lips against the others, something he craved for a lot lately.

Jooheon didn’t know what to feel, but he just enjoyed kissing Minhyuk silly. It always made it feel like time stopped and gave Jooheon so many electric shocks that his mind was just blocked from all activity.

He decided to drive, so that he could just leave whenever he wanted to.

When they arrived at the restaurant, their fathers were already waiting in a private dining room. They all greeted each other with forced business smiles, a gene both inherited from their fathers, and sat down at the round table.

It didn’t take five minutes before the food was served and Jooheon felt relieved because that meant it would be over soon. He just took a bit of food on his fork and started eating, just like the others did, but he didn’t really felt hungry.

And he started to lose his patience, because their dads just kept on talking about all kinds of bull and once in a while they started laughing awkwardly with some lame joke and Jooheon even noticed how tense Minhyuk became and it made himself boil in anger.

An annoyed sigh escaped Jooheon’s lips while he laid down his fork and knife.

“Why are we here?”

“Let’s first enjoy our food, Jooheon.” His father said stern.

“I’m done eating,” Jooheon looked next to him at Minhyuk who also had laid down his fork, “and Minhyuk too.”

Mr. Lee’s face became dark and Jooheon was happy for Mr. Im to start talking, and being here, otherwise he would’ve already been slapped against his cheek for sure.

“I assume you both are very curious why we so suddenly asked you both to be here.”

Both nodded, waiting tensely for an answer.

Mr. Lee clacked his tongue. “You both are not even wearing the engagement rings. Such a shame.”

Mr. Im agreed. “We already knew both of you don’t take this very seriously.”

“And I think you both know we are not pleased by that.” Mr. Lee finished the sentence.

An uncomfortable silence fell, and Jooheon knew it wouldn’t take long before the bomb would drop.

“You both better start wearing those rings all the time. Make sure everyone in your surroundings will know you’ll get married because it will come sooner than expected.”

Jooheon’s eyes became wide and he heard a painful gasp coming from Minhyuk.

“Pardon?” Jooheon said annoyed, “What does this mean?”

His father glared at him. “It means you two will get married at the end of next month instead of when you graduate in June, Lee Jooheon.”  

He wanted to fight his father, so badly, it had been something he wanted to do a lot in the past years. Would this really be worth it? That stupid company of his father in exchange for his freedom. Jooheon felt trapped, like a weak bird in a cage, his father had always been good in manipulating him to get what he wanted.

And Jooheon never got a chance to take him back. There were so many times Jooheon tried to find their mom, because maybe he hated his dad more than his mother, and leave. Wouldn’t it be great? His father, who thought he could decide Jooheon’s future, abandoned for the woman that decided to leave him ages ago. It would break him, Jooheon was sure of that, but he never got the opportunity to find his mother and he already let that hope die a long time ago.

“Let us explain the situation, children.” Mr. Im said calmly, at the moment he was the only one who gave off a relaxed mood.

“The situation got a little bit more tricky for us. Meaning that investors do not really believe our companies will co-operate for a long time, mainly because they do not believe the marriage to be real. The reason is logical because both of you are almost nowhere to be seen together, as both of you are almost never present at company meetings and parties. Besides that, we have been friends for a while but some people doubt it because we did never speak of working together before, so people are slightly suspicious about it. I hope you both understand this is some serious business.”

Jooheon just automatically nodded, knowing both their fathers wanted to see a reaction from them. Honestly, he just wanted this to be over so he could get home and pretend his pathetic life didn’t exist.

“Minhyuk?” Jooheon looked next to him, he noticed how Minhyuk became more pale and how his eyes became glassy. Jooheon grabbed his hand under the table and lightly squeezed it, knowing their fathers won’t even notice it since they sat very close to each other.

“Y-yeah.” Minhyuk said so soft, no one would have heard it if the room wasn’t dead silent.

“Good. Right now the negotiations are almost done for both parties.” Mr. Lee said, looking at Mr. Im who gave a satisfying nod. “We assume everything will be signed by this weekend. After that we will release a statement about how we got our companies together because of our lifetime friendship; but that your love for each other made it even a much more strong connection between two companies. Further, the article will also reveal officially that you two will get married and the date, which will be Sunday the 28th of March.”

“The paper that will first reveal this news is a high quality company that has worked with us before in the past, so no worries about senseless gossip or conspiracy theories.” Mr. Im continued. “We will meet Miss Bae Joohyun this Sunday, both of you do not need to be there. We will discuss what she expects of the article. She already let us know she may see the benefits of having a short interview with the both of you or at least some pictures of us all. Miss Bae knows very well how to play the media and convince people thought it, but nothing is set at this moment, so expect a call after Sunday.”

It was a lot to take in. Now not only Jooheon had to marry someone he just met 4 months ago; but they also needed to act like a happy couple for some ty magazine. He looked to his left and became more worried about Minhyuk, who now really looked like he could faint every minute.

Just get out of here Jooheon.

“Guess there is nothing left to say then. Right?” Jooheon calmly asked. He was anything but calm, but even he didn’t had any energy left to rebel against his father.

“Indeed son, the conversation is over. Thank you both for coming. You can leave now if you want, me and Minhyuk’s dad still have some business to discuss.”

Jooheon stood up, and when he noticed Minhyuk didn’t move an inch, he took the others arm and pulled him up.

“No reason to stay, it’s not like this was a cozy family gathering.” Jooheon mocked, looking straight in his dad’s eyes.

When he and Minhyuk were almost out of the private room, his dad said one last thing because, of course, his dad always had to have the last word.

“You both better wear those rings from no one. Every day, wherever you go. Understood?” Mr. Lee sounded calm, but Jooheon recognized the threat underneath all of it.

Jooheon looked at the clock, 2:00. His shirt was drenched with Minhyuk’s tears, who was still sobbing against his chest. From the moment they came home, Minhyuk started crying and didn’t stop ever since.

Jooheon didn’t mind Minhyuk was crying, because he knew exactly how he felt. They were forced to live together and Jooheon was very conscious about how hard he made Minhyuk’s life the past months, but now when their relationship started to shift into something more peaceful another storm hit them. Yes, they knew already that they were going to marry, however, both assumed they still had time. Time for improvement, time to really learn to know each other, time to tell other people.

But here they were, laying so close together yet both of them didn’t know if there was something real between them. It made Jooheon wonder again if there will ever be something real and pure between them.

Because for now, it was forced, all of it.

Right?

The fact that they kept on kissing each other the past days was because they became so stressed out and tensed that they both needed a way to get rid of it.

Plus, Jooheon knew he was mainly to blame for that because he decided to play some mind games that turned out to both of them up.

He felt like , just like Minhyuk did. Jooheon hated feeling like this.

“Minhyuk?”

Minhyuk lets out another soft sob before looking up at Jooheon, eyes red and swollen, his face was still pale. Jooheon let his hands wipe away the tears that run over that almost perfect face. Jooheon felt how weak he became again, weak for the person in front of him that kept doing these things to him without knowing it.

“Don’t I deserve a little bit of affection for soothing you?”

If he didn’t felt so weak and miserable, Jooheon would’ve cursed himself for sounding so desperate. But it didn’t matter now, he just wanted to feel something that made him feel good. Something to take all the pain and emptiness away.

And so electricity and sparks made a way through his body again, knocking out his filthy brain.

 

Making Jooheon feel a thousand things at once.  

 



 

This story hit +70 subscribers this week!! I'm very very happy ♥ I also got 140 kudos on AO3 (and 38 subscribers).

I just want to thank all of you so much for liking my story and reading it! I know Monsta X is not very popular regarding fanfics, but I'm happy that people take their time reading this story (also people who actually don't know Monsta X very well). I also know not many people comment on this story, but I want you all to know I'm very thankful for all of you ♥ 

Also; MY THESIS IS ALMOST DONE - I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO BURN ALL MY BOOKS I SWEAR lol 

 

Much love ♥