Chapter 26

CEO chef

He touched his lips, they felt so soft and smooth, yet the tingling sensation wouldn’t leave his lips alone. The streets were dead silent right now, even the lights from the bars didn’t light up anymore. A giggle escaped Wonho’s lips and he almost wanted to hit himself with his own car.

How ridiculous.

How ridiculous how one person could change so much in his life.

Jooyoung’s Fountain album was softly playing through the car radio, bringing even more peace to this moment.

The moment Wonho was 100% sure he liked Changkyun, a lot. 

Wonho still thought something was odd, that something was out of place, because isn’t love supposed to make you feel no pain? But somehow it wasn’t like that for Wonho, it didn’t matter how peaceful this moment was, and how warm and soft he felt while thinking about Changkyun and their date night. Because, honestly, Wonho was afraid. He never really learnt how to love, or how to care for other people.

It made him feel small. The boy he loves, the boy who was a few heads shorter than him, made him feel small and vulnerable.

Could Changkyun learn Wonho how to take care of someone? Wonho thought so, because there were so many times Changkyun complained about Hyungwon’s partying and lower test scores, or how Changkyun complained to Wonho about driving and drinking. Changkyun cared, and it was so pure it made Wonho’s heart almost explode in his chest.

But something did crawl on Wonho’s mind tonight, a certain name he didn’t hear for a while. A certain someone he wished would stay away.

At that moment Wonho’s phone rang, and he didn’t need to look at his screen to know who it was when he answered the call.

“Jennie-”

“Listen, I didn’t know that lunatic would go to Changkyun like that. He’s such a little , I should’ve smashed hi-”

“What did he say?” Wonho’s voice was stern and serious.

“Nothing much, just that he was yours, but I told him to get his head out of his a-”

“Thanks Jennie for backing Changkyun up. See ya.”

“Uhm, yeah, call me tomorrow or so. Goodnight Wonho.”

Wonho put his phone away, a single drop falling from his cheek. He gripped his hands tightly around the steering wheel, clenching his jaw so hard it gave him a headache, his right feet pushing harder on the gas pedal.

Facking Jun gave him a headache. Like usual.

Wonho braked hard and halted his car next to the highway, he looked around and got confused for a little while not knowing how he even ended up here.

He took his phone again, dialing a number that, sadly, was still memorized in his head.

“Hey st-”

“Miserandus bridge, in twenty minutes.”

Wonho threw his phone harshly on the ground and took a few breaths before starting his car again.

He couldn’t believe he was being played this easily.

 


 

“Can’t believe he is coming here! They said they would give us a stupid call.” Minhyuk said annoyed.

Jooheon sighed. “I know, but be happy it’s not my dad, he always makes so much more drama than yours.”

Minhyuk didn’t really agree with that, he remembered Mr. Lee to be a quite decent man. But Jooheon and him had already talked multiple times about their fathers since their dinner a few days ago. Both seemed to have trouble with their own dad, feeling like they are forced to fulfill so many requests but never gotten much love.

It was another twist in their relationship, if that was how you could call it, but it was all still very weird to Minhyuk.

But did it get better?

Maybe? Minhyuk wasn’t sure about it. Because yes, they would talk about their dad and brothers, and about a lot of other stuff like school, work and things they liked. And yes, they did feel more comfortable around each other and laughed much more. And again, yes, they did kiss a lot lately, and after that tense dinner, it only happened more because both were stressed out.

But it somehow didn’t feel right because they were forced into this. They never really dated before becoming engaged and they never said anything about liking each other. Minhyuk wasn’t even sure if he really liked Jooheon.

At moments it felt like Minhyuk was just stuck with him, so he had to deal with him.

The only difference was that being stuck with Jooheon used to be suffocating, and that maybe someday, it would feel like real love.

Minhyuk shook his head, he didn’t want to ponder on these thoughts. He didn’t want to think about what Jooheon will mean for him in the future. It was all so unsure and, in certain amount, too painful for Minhyuk.

Someone knocked on the door and Minhyuk wondered how his dad got in without them unlocking the apartment’s main door, but it was his dad after all. The man always found a way in easily.

“Dad.”

“Minhyuk, Jooheon.” Mr. Im said warmly while walking inside the apartment. Minhyuk scoffed on the inside, knowing his father would shift into his business talk very soon and that nothing of the “warmth” will remain.

“So, Mr. Lee and I have met with Miss Bae this afternoon. It was a long time ago I saw her, and I was still amazed at how professional she is.”

Minhyuk almost couldn’t restrain himself from rolling his eyes, it was so typical for his dad to emphasize on professionalism of people. Like he had to impress Minhyuk or Jooheon.

“Good to hear.” Minhyuk looked at his side and wanted to slap the out of Jooheon, who suddenly also sounded pure business. But that urge quickly faded away when Minhyuk focused on the other’s lips and he realized he there was something else he craved for much more.

Minhyuk quickly snapped out of it and focused his attention back to his father, hoping the visit won’t take too long.

“What did she suggest?” Minhyuk asked, sounding more bored than he meant to.

His father squeezed his eyes, staring daggers at Minhyuk; warning him.

“Miss Bae said it would be great to do a photoshoot with the two of you. No need for Mr. Lee and me to join, because there are enough pictures of us together at business occasions.”

Minhyuk sighed, a little too loud, and a little too late to make himself stop.

His father clicked his tongue and focused his look on Jooheon.

“Isn’t he quite annoying, Jooheon?”

Jooheon stiffened in his seat, eyes a little bit more wide and not knowing what to say or do. His mouth opened a little, but no sound came out.

“Remarkable, both of you don’t wear your rings, yet it seems you don’t find each other that annoying anymore.” A small smirk appeared on Mr. Im’s face, as if he won a game and tried to be humble but failed. Minhyuk wanted to spit so badly on his father’s face, but he knew he would experience hell if he did.

“Wear those rings from now on. Seriously. Even in this household, you’ll be wearing them. Jooheon, can you get them now?” Jooheon didn’t even answer, even he knew not to play around with men who could speak that demanding and dominant. He quickly got up and walked towards the bedroom, cursing himself for not even remembering where he dropped those rings.

“I got a gut feeling he is becoming quite fond of you, Minhyuk.”

Minhyuk clenched his jaw, blinking his eyes to hold back the tears that were so close to falling. He couldn’t believe his dad was still such a jerk after all this time, sounding so mockingly while he is the one who put Minhyuk in here, knowing exactly how much he is hurting his own son. It was his father’s fault that Minhyuk suffered so much in the past months. It didn’t matter he and Jooheon kissed so much lately, at the moment it felt more like they were buddies (who didn’t have ) than lovers. It was his father’s fault that Minhyuk’s mind was all messy and chaos, that is was confused about what to do with all the changes happening.

Jooheon came back a few minutes after that, noticing the heavy atmosphere hanging in the air. He just sat back down again and gave Minhyuk his ring, already wearing his.

“Lovely. The photoshoot will be Thursday at 13:00, I know you have school to be at Jooheon but your father already arranged it with the principal. A taxi will pick you both up, there are stylists at the shoot so just take a shower before going there.”

His dad stood up, and Minhyuk already felt how his heart was feeling slightly lighter knowing his dad will be gone soon.

 

But a war never ends right?

 

Because before his dad got out, he turned to Jooheon with what should’ve reflected a warm smile, but Minhyuk knew better.

“Jooheon, we also expect you to be with us next Sunday. Minhyuk would appreciate your support, it will show how much your relationship has grown.”

Minhyuk felt his heart beating in his ears not long after that, staring at his father with wide eyes and this time he did no effort to blink the tears away. But it was not like his father cared how Minhyuk felt, he just gave his son one quick look before turning around and leaving the apartment.

At the moment Jooheon turned to Minhyuk and opened his mouth, Minhyuk couldn’t handle it anymore. He just walked to the bedroom and smashed the door close.

Leaving a very confused, and worried, Jooheon behind.

 


 

Jooheon was watching TV, or more accurate, he was staring at the screen. There was so many movement on the screen, yet Jooheon had no idea what was going on.

He literally had no idea what just happened.

He literally had no facking clue about what was going on.

And it had nothing to do with what was going on during the TV show, Jooheon couldn’t care less about some drama on TV, it was about what triggered Minhyuk that much that he just slammed the bedroom door and didn’t come out ever since.

It had been two goddamn hours ago since Minhyuk’s father left.

Jooheon googled what could’ve possibly happened next Sunday, but even google had no idea. And he really wanted to go to the bedroom and ask Minhyuk himself, but he just couldn’t.

Minhyuk was sobbing, very clearly. At one point it was even hearable over the noise coming from the TV. It drove Jooheon insane because he seriously, literally, had no ing clue what to do.

He sighed loudly while he laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

The realization came down on him once again.

 

Jooheon didn’t know anything about Minhyuk.

He didn’t know what happened Sunday that made the other so broken.

He didn’t know how to make Minhyuk stop with sobbing.

 

Another deep sigh escaped Jooheon’s mouth, he didn’t know how to fix this but he got up and automatically walked towards the kitchen. His eyes landed on the wooden box Minhyuk stocked his teabags in. He put some water in the hot water cooker and chose a random teabag from the box.

When the tea was done he put it in Minhyuk’s mug and walked towards the bedroom door, knocking softly on the door.

“Minhyuk?” Jooheon said softly and hesitant, “uhh, I made you some tea.”

It was silent for a while and Jooheon almost gave up when the door opened a little bit, just enough to see one of Minhyuk’s red and puffy eye.

“Which flavor?” Minhyuk asked softly.

Jooheon widened his eyes, a little stunned by the unexpected question, but he was already satisfied that the other was talking to him.

“Uh… it’s a surprise?” 

A little smile appeared on Minhyuk’s face while he opened the door and took the mug Jooheon gave him.

“Let’s watch a funny movie!” Jooheon said while lightly grabbing Minhyuk’s upper-arm, leading him to the couch.

Jooheon thought Blended would be a nice movie to watch, considering it was a classic comedy movie that never got boring after watching thousands of times.

But he noticed Minhyuk tearing up at certain parts of the movie, while there was not much emotional stuff in it. Jooheon noticed how Minhyuk’s mood was changing to something darker and sad again, so he knew he had to stop that from happening.

Jooheon paused the movie, drawing Minhyuk’s attention to him.

“Want to get some ice cream?”

Minhyuk kept on staring for a little bit before answering; “I look like , Jooheon.”

Touché, Jooheon thought. But even with red eyes and a pale face, Minhyuk still had something aesthetic about him. Jooheon really thought it would be a good idea to get him out of the apartment; to get some fresh air and lighten up the mood, considering the atmosphere inside was dead.

“Let’s dress up then! We will wear sunglasses and act like we are some popular stars.”

Minhyuk chuckled while playfully rolling his eyes, not believing the type of nonsense that came out of Jooheon’s mouth.

“You really lost your mind this time.”

“And you really need some ice cream! Let’s go!”

Jooheon grabbed Minhyuk’s hand, forcing him of the couch and into the bedroom. He quickly took two suits from their closet and forced Minhyuk to wear it. When they were both finished, Jooheon took two pair of sunglasses.

“I want the Gucci.”  Minhyuk said determined.

Jooheon looked at him in fake shock. “No way! Those are my favorites. You can take the Armani.”

Minhyuk crossed his arms and pouted at Jooheon.

“Rock paper scissors? One game. Winner gets the Gucci.”

“Fine Mr. Im, but you will regret it, I am pro at this.”

Jooheon laughed mockingly while shaking his head.

But it turned out Minhyuk got some skills, or luck as Jooheon would describe it. So he ended up giving his favorite sunglasses to Minhyuk, which he eventually did not regret because it finished Minhyuk’s look perfectly. 

They walked to an American restaurant, earning a lot of confused looks when they walked in. It made them giggle and screech because even some girls started to (not so) sneakingly take pictures of them.

Jooheon ordered a vanilla milkshake, while Minhyuk chose the Dame Blanche coupe.  

They enjoyed their food silently while Jooheon kept on staring at Minhyuk through his sunglasses.

It had been quite for most of the night; but Jooheon noticed how it was a peaceful vibe, not the dark vibe Minhyuk was giving off earlier. The night were still cold, even though winter was almost over.

“Thank you.” Minhyuk said sincerely.

Jooheon smiled warmly and laid his hand on top of Minhyuk’s, causing some electric shocks to go through his body.

“It’s okay. You looked quite hurt when your father left.”

“I actually really don’t want to talk about it Jooheon, but what can I do? My father forced you to go along, so I guess you also need to know why, right?”

Jooheon shrugged, not really knowing what to answer on it. He never liked it when people were forced to talk about something they didn’t want to talk about, especially if it hurt them badly.

And Jooheon knew, that whatever it is, it hurt Minhyuk.

“I can just say I’m sick, so I won’t bother you next Sunday.”

Minhyuk laughed. “Oh Jooheon, believe me, you may not think my dad is scary but wait till he drags you out of the apartment.”

“I really need a life insurance.” Jooheon said, trying to lift up the mood. Which did work considering Minhyuk teasingly pushed him and sniggered.

They both were lying in bed, Jooheon still didn’t know what would happen next Sunday, but he was fine with it. He knew Minhyuk wanted to tell him, but he also felt like the other needed some time.

Jooheon was deep in thoughts when he got startled by Minhyuk coming closer to him, so that he laid against Jooheon.

“I-I’m sorry.” Minhyuk said panicked, trying to move back to his spot, but Jooheon grabbed him and pushed him closer.

“It’s okay, Minyuk.” He noticed how a soft blush and little smile appeared on Minhyuk’s face, Jooheon couldn’t believe this made his heart pound faster and he really hoped Minhyuk wouldn’t notice.

A silence fell and Jooheon decided to put out the light, knowing it was already quite late and both were tired. Even though Minhyuk was free tomorrow, Jooheon still needed to go to school.

“Jooheon?” A soft whisper asked, at first Jooheon thought he fell into a deep and peaceful sleep, and that the voice was just a dream. But then someone slightly poked him on his cheek and he did realize Minhyuk was still awake.

“Yes?”

“About next Sunday…” Minhyuk started, the nervousness in his voice clearly detectable.

Jooheon held his breath, feeling the stress Minhyuk was experiencing.

“My mom died that day.”

 

Mothers.

Even though they were seen as one of the most caring being,

didn’t they sometimes make life messed up?

 



 

I'm actually not satisfied with this chap, but I still wanted to post it because uuhh reasons lol, and I someday need to finish this story tho + I don't think this is an important chap, more like a filler for the drama to come 

Also, I recommend watching Blended, it's a funny movie. If you haven't seen it, the clue in this chapter is that in the movie there is a father with 3 daughters but their mom died a while ago. (But it's still a really fun movie!) 

Anyway, university is going to start the 24th, and I still haven't handed in my thesis (other university) because one of my supervisors is very slow and I really want to slap him because why do we always need to stick to deadlines but our stupid teachers/professors don't? Urghhh, can't wait to be a grown up so I can make up rules that only apply to people younger than me lol 

 

♥ For everyone who already started with school, I hope you have lots of fun with your friends and I hope you will not suffer too much this year! You can do it ♥  And otherwise we'll just suffer together lol