Chapter 24

CEO chef

“Should I kill him in his sleep?”

Minhyuk laughed at the cute bunny in front of him planning a murder. She tried to look furious through showing her teeth and making aggressive hand signs, but nothing could cancel out the cuteness that was Yeri.

“I’m serious Minmin! We can be each other’s alibi, and considering he is such a dickhead no one will actually miss him!”

Minhyuk laughed even harder, finding it such a comedy to watch Yeri all red faced and angry. She looked cute, way too cute for a person who is that furious.

“We are not going to kill Jooheon, Yeri. It will be alright.” Minhyuk gave the younger one an assuring smile.

Yeri sighed, “I don’t know how you managed everything he put you through. I mean, yes it could have been worse, but still he’s such a egoistic jerk.”

Minhyuk filled Yeri’s shot glass with some soju, followed by his own.

“It’s okay Yeri, even though I feel ed up myself I believe it will eventually get better.”

“I don’t know you for that long Minhyuk, but you’re always so strong and positive. I admire that about you.”

Minhyuk grinned and put his glass up. “I think we can both find us in that.” Yeri chuckled, nodded enthusiastically, and put her glass up to cling it with Minhyuk’s and drink it down in one go.

“You know what! Let’s go crazy tonight! We have enough time to sober up before work tomorrow!”

Minhyuk laughed, and Yeri did not need much to persuade Minhyuk. He didn’t know if it was the alcohol or just the fact that he felt really stressed out lately, but he really wanted to go wild tonight.

But at that moment his phone rang, again, for the third time that night.

Minhyuk sighed. “Sorry Yeri, let me get this quickly.”

Yeri smacked her lips and made and ‘oeeh’ sound, which resulted in Minhyuk giving her a light slap on the top of her head which made her die of choking sounds (obviously faked).

He walked outside of the crowded bar and picked up his phone.

“Minhyuk.” The sound of Jooheon’s voice sounded cold and slightly irritated.

“Jooheon.”

“Where is the food? Where are you?” A grin appeared on Minhyuk’s face while he rolled his eyes.

“I’m out, you can make your own food for tonight.”

“Why didn’t you inform me about this?”

“Well, weren’t you the one not coming home directly after school. I just assumed you would probably eat with God knows who.”

“Yeah yeah, whatever, I’ll get some take-out .”

The line was silent for a few seconds and Minhyuk assumed Jooheon was already gone but then he started talking again.

 

“With who?”

 

“Yeri.” The sound of someone clicking his tongue on the other side of the line was quite hard, it made the grin on Minhyuk’s face bigger.

“You hang out a lot with her lately, no?”

“She’s fun.”

“Good. Have fun.” And then Minhyuk heard the peeping sound indicating that the phone call ended.

“Idiot.”

Minhyuk sighed and took some deep breaths of air before walking back into the bar; to Yeri who was patiently waiting for him.

“Husband stuff again?” Yeri asked with a teasing grin.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes and drank his shot of soju in one go.

“I think we talked enough about that for tonight.” He smiled at Yeri.

“You’re right! Let’s have fun Minmin!” She got up and took Minhyuk’s hand, guiding him to the small dancefloor.

 

The night was fun. It was a long time ago since Minhyuk had danced like that, Yeri made it even a thousand times better because Minhyuk knew she cared about him. She was truly a friend and Minhyuk was happy she listened to everything that happened to him.

Yeri was a lot more objective than Minhyuk thought she would be, besides for the fact that she would start cursing every time she heard Jooheon’s name. They had spent a lot of time together the past days and it was really something Minhyuk needed;

He needed to be gone from his home, which was strangely peaceful;

And from Jooheon who was not ignoring him, but also not terrorizing him;

He needed to avoid those soft lips from that hideous man.

Those lips.

Minhyuk almost gave himself a brain injury when he woke up past Thursday morning, almost a week ago, knowing that he kissed Jooheon so passionately, he just wanted to smash his head against the wall.

Did he truly felt bad about it?

 

Not really.

 

But that didn’t matter, because Minhyuk knew nothing changed. Talking to Yeri made him realize that the physical tension had been there for a long time. So that’s nothing new, only an expansion of it.

Nothing changed for how they communicate, or about how they felt.

Or at least Minhyuk was sure nothing changed for Jooheon, who literally told Minhyuk to forget about becoming lovers that morning.

“Don’t even think about it Minhyuk, like that would ever happen.”

At the moment itself Minhyuk just took it as obvious; it was obvious nothing changed for the better. But later, when he met up with Yeri and talked to her about it, he cried so much. Minhyuk had just hoped Jooheon would care a little more about him, and even though the other did behave differently, he wasn’t more affectionate with Minhyuk.

He spent lots of time with Yeri because it helped. It prevented Minhyuk from yelling at Jooheon about how much of a dickhead he is, or from trying not to cry in front of him.

“I can even hear your thinking over the music.” Yeri said with a fake scolding look, pointing her index finger at Minhyuk as if he is a five year old who did something bad.

“I’m sorry.” Minhyuk said sincere. He wish he could stop thinking about Jooheon, but after that passionate kiss it wasn’t easy.

“I will get us some drinks!” Minhyuk quickly suggested. Yeri’s concerning face triggered Minhyuk to start whining and complaining about Jooheon again, but not tonight. He was a 100% done with Jooheon for tonight.

So Minhyuk really did need those drinks, because being drunk with a super bubbly and entertaining Yeri would definitely distract Minhyuk’s mind from his pathetic life at the moment.

“Wow, take it easy son.” Minhyuk looked up at the bartender, who smiled at him. “Believe me when I say you cannot drown your demons in alcohol.”

Minhyuk smirked. “But I will forget about them for a little while.” The bartender laughed, and Minhyuk felt how is tongue was thick and how his words came out so blurry and weird.

“I’ll give you something special.” The bartender snapped his fingers before putting a big glass in front of Minhyuk.

“What is it? Vodka?” Minhyuk asked suspiciously.

“Oh believe me, it’s the best of the best.” The bartender put his thumbs up and pushed the glass a little more towards Minhyuk, encouraging him to drink from it.

Minhyuk took a big gulp, knowing nothing will burn his throat anymore after all the alcohol he already consumed.

“It’s water.” Minhyuk said confused.

“And it’s exactly what you need!” The bartender sniggered. “I’m sorry, but you look way too drunk.”

Minhyuk tsked playfully. “Don’t worry. I’m a man who can handle many things.”

“And who is this man who can handle anything?” The bartender asked with a soft smile.

“Minhyuk.” And it was at that moment Minhyuk made decent eye contact with the bartender. His eyes were deep brown, he looked around the same age as him and just by making eye contact Minhyuk felt comfortable… And well, the bartender did look quite good.

“Hyungsoo.” The bartender gave him a warm smile and Minhyuk felt a little hypnotized by him. “Listen Minhyuk, my shift will be over in fifteen minutes. Should I meet you at the dancefloor?”

Minhyuk nodded, gulping all of the water down in one go. “I’ll be waiting Hyungsoo.” He said while giving the other a big wink before getting up and making his way to Yeri on the dancefloor.

 

Yeri started to clap like a seal when Minhyuk told her a guy wanted to dance with him.

“Go get him tiger!” Yeri squeaked while slapping Minhyuk’s arm.

A little later he felt a finger ticking on his shoulder, and seeing Yeri’s face Minhyuk knew not only he thought the bartender was handsome.

“You found me.”

Hyungsoo smiled. “Of course I would! Let’s dance Minhyuk.”

And so they did. Minhyuk had no idea how long he had been dancing with Hyungsoo before they were really close to each other, Minhyuk’s hands around his neck and Hyungsoo’s around Minhyuk’s waist.

Minhyuk started to wonder how long the other had already been staring into his eyes, every now and then breaking the stare to quickly peek at Minhyuk’s lips.

When Minhyuk became aware of all these things, he also started to notice the tension between them. A half smile appeared on Hyungsoo’s face.

“You look so hot, yet I want to protect you so badly. Is that wrong?”

The words overwhelmed him, he just learned to know Hyungsoo a little while ago so he was practically a stranger to Minhyuk. But he could only shake his head at those sweet sounding words.

It felt so natural, this strange guy, with his body against Minhyuk’s. Dancing for such a long time. Hyungsoo worried about a drunk stranger by only giving him water, and then said he wanted to protect Minhyuk.

It made Minhyuk feel soft, but he also felt a sting in his heart.

Isn’t there someone else who should be worried about him, who should protect him?

Didn’t that somebody just call because he wanted dinner, not to check how Minhyuk was doing. And even after all those hours of being away from home, Jooheon didn’t even send a text.

 

It made Minhyuk wonder.

 

Wonder about what would happen if Jooheon and him would never be closer, if they would never fall in love with each other.

Would it be like this, Minhyuk being in a bar, dancing with a stranger that makes him feel warm? Would Jooheon also be having fun with someone else, someone who will be able to make him want to protect someone? 
Would they just smile and hold hands in front of their family, the press and act like a happy family? Living together; but actually being worlds apart from each other.

Minhyuk felt how Hyungsoo’s hands went up, until one hand was on Minhyuk’s lower back and the other one behind his neck. “I will protect you.”

Hyungsoo came closer and Minhyuk’s heartbeat raised like crazy.

 

It hurt. So much.

 

Minhyuk didn’t feel comfortable, or attracted to suddenly kiss this man before him. His heartbeat reflected pure panic. So Minhyuk’s reflex got the upper hand and he pushed Hyungsoo away. The latter looked a little overwhelmed, clearly not expecting this.

“Minhyuk, I’m sor- I didn’t mean to make you… I mean I’m not that type of guy but I just thought we…” Hyungsoo sighed deeply and looked regrettable at Minhyuk. “I’m sorry, I really am.”

In a bar like this it was always warm, especially after many drinks and lots of dancing, but right now Minhyuk felt like he was burning from the inside out.

“No, you’re fine Hyungsoo. It’s my fault, I already belong to someone else.”

And that’s all Minhyuk could say before he turned around and ran outside the bar, hearing a worried female voice calling out his name.

But that didn’t stop him, he needed to get outside in the dark as soon as possible. Making sure no one would notice the tears starting to fill his eyes.

 

“Minhyuk!” Yeri laid one hand on Minhyuk’s arm. “I got worried! Are you okay? Should I kill that cocktail shaker too?!”

Not much more was needed to make Minhyuk laugh a little. An angry Yeri was already adorable, but a drunk and angry Yeri topped it all.

“It’s okay, he was… just too sweet for a stranger.”

Minhyuk sighed and Yeri nodded, knowing exactly how Minhyuk felt tortured because he craved that Jooheon cared about him.

“You know what? Crash at my place. We can do some drunk talking and pass out, and later grab breakfast but it’s also lunch.”

Minhyuk nodded, feeling happy this little ball of bubbliness came into his life.

 


 

“Hanging out with Yeri. Tss!” Jooheon threw his phone on the kitchen table, feeling annoyed as hell.

Minhyuk had been hanging out with that Yeri a lot of times lately. It was not like Jooheon saw her a lot, but he knew they met a couple of times a week when Jooheon was at school and before those two had to work.

A few times they had been watching movies at Jooheon’s place. He hated it.

That Yeri girl all smiling and acting bubbly, teasing Minhyuk and completely ignoring Jooheon. It was not like Minhyuk was acknowledging his presence, but a guest should at least have some manners.

But that girl didn’t have any of that. Jooheon still remembers how she laid her head on Minhyuk’s lap and when she made eye contact with Jooheon she just winked. Like she was challenging him. Later when Jooheon talked about it with Minhyuk, Minhyuk just snapped and yelled at him. Saying that Jooheon just took everything away from him, and after that fallout Minhyuk ended up yelling multiple times at Jooheon.

It made Jooheon feel helpless, it seemed like there was nothing he could do to prevent Minhyuk from being mad at him; from hating him.

Jooheon, you are not going to dwell upon these depressed thoughts tonight!

 

So he took out his phone and dialed a number.

“You’re most favorite person in the world, oh, and worldwide handsome.”

“Wonho, my . Do you wa-”

“I don’t smaller than 2 inches but thanks for the offer oppa.”

Jooheon rolled his eyes, ignoring his urge to just hang up. But before he could say a word buffed bunny spoke up.

“And yes I want to hang out.”

“Pizza place around the corner? After that drinking?”

“Copy that! Give me an half hour.”

 


 

[From Cute Snack]: Wednesday is fine. See you then! x

A wide smile appeared on Wonho’s face, feeling warmth spread all over his body.

 

His first official date.

 

He kept grinning at the phone screen, almost forgetting he agreed to meet Jooheon in ten minutes. Wonho got up from his chair and walked outside the apartment, but the smile on his face didn’t disappear for the remaining night.

It was also something Jooheon noticed as soon as he saw the other.

“I’m really praying this isn’t about Changkyun. I have never seen you like this, it’s scary as . Stop it.” Wonho laughed when he saw Jooheon’s face, looking all confused and not knowing how to deal with this new mood of Wonho.

Wonho himself had no clue how to deal with it, but he knew everything would be fine as long as Changkyun would be his.

They shared three pizza’s and drank some beer before going to a bar a street further.

The bar was still smaller than the club they went to every Friday, but it still had a very different vibe compared to those boring cafes who closed at 23:00, it also had a little dancefloor. As soon as they went in they took a seat at the long bar and ordered some shots.

Wonho talked a little about Changkyun, and even thought Jooheon made puking faces and looked slightly uncomfortable at the beginning, after a few minutes he was really listening to Wonho; sharing his thoughts and teasing him.

And then Wonho saw it, a little further at the bar.

 

Minhyuk.

 

The boy seemed to be in a not-so-sober mood, talking to the handsome bartender. He quickly pulled his gaze away from the two men and shifted it back to Jooheon who was talking, hoping the latter didn’t notice anything.

Wonho wasn’t sure how Jooheon would respond if he saw Minhyuk talking to someone so hot. But he wasn’t sure, Wonho wasn’t sure about anything regarding his best friend anymore.

From the moment Jooheon knew he would get married to Minhyuk he made nasty plans to get rid of him, cursed the boy every ten seconds, and complained the whole time. But something changed, and Wonho was sure Jooheon hadn’t noticed it. Like, yes, he did notice it, Jooheon said it himself, but not in the way Wonho noticed. Jooheon didn’t notice how his complaints and nasty remarks faded away, or how Jooheon didn’t talk about Minhyuk anymore and how every time someone asked him about Minhyuk he really needed time before he could answer, and most of his answers were just short and blurry. No strong negative feelings involved like it used to be.

Even more, Jooheon didn’t notice his jealousy when he talked about Yeri. He didn’t notice how he blushed a little when he told Wonho about how he and Minhyuk kissed, and how afraid he was that Kihyun would find out and kill him.

But Minhyuk was just talking with that guy right?  Like, aren’t drunk people in general more sociable?

It was what Wonho told himself to feel more relaxed, and it helped because after a while he almost forgot about Minhyuk being there too. Or maybe it was just the alcohol doing its thing?

It worked for a while, but then Wonho’s mouth dropped wide open when he noticed two figures dancing closely to each other and his brain was too slow, thanks to the alcohol, to recover from his shock and make sure Jooheon didn’t notice.

But he did notice, and Wonho didn’t  know what to do when he noticed Jooheon was dead silent for a while, just staring at the two men on the dancefloor.

It didn’t take long before Minhyuk pushed the guy and walked out of the bar, followed by a small female figure which probably would be Yeri.

 


 

Time was not ticking, right?

But it must have been ticking, because the figures in front of him kept dancing. Jooheon could even feel the heat from far away.

 

It didn’t do anything to him.

 

Or that’s what he wanted to believe.

But there was this feeling in his chest, it itched and felt heavy.

 

Who is he?

Did they danced like this before?

 

The bar was noisy as hell when he came here, but Jooheon could not explain how it now felt like there was nothing.

Then a little shock of electricity went through his body when he noticed how Minhyuk pushed the other man away and ran out of the bar.

Good.

Jooheon realized he must have been staring at the dancefloor for a long time, so he turned around in his seat to grab his drink and finish it in one go. Wonho was staring at him, but Jooheon didn’t want to talk about it. Why would he be bothered by Minhyuk dancing with someone else? He quickly tried to distract his thoughts by talking to Wonho.

“Did you see the last episode of-?”

“You’re such a fool Jooheon.” Jooheon’s mouth slapped closed, hearing Wonho being serious was not something what happened frequently. The buffed friend had a really pissed face on, and shook his head disapprovingly.

Jooheon deeply sighed, “I know.”

With that he got up and walked quickly outside, trying to find a clue about where his fiancé would be.

But there was nothing.

Yet again, nothing.

The night had been tiring for Jooheon; when he got home he fell asleep within one minute, but he frequently woke up during the night and even though he didn’t feel awake, his mind was.

He replayed Minhyuk dancing with that guy for over fifty times in his mind, and like that wasn’t a torture enough, his mind even played possible ‘imagine if this happened’ scenarios which drove Jooheon nuts.

It was already 14:00 but Minhyuk still didn’t come home. He probably slept with Yeri and was going to work with her. But just at that moment Jooheon heard the noise of keys opening a door.

“Minhyuk.”

Jooheon cursed himself for sounding so desperate, Minhyuk didn’t even step one foot in the apartment and he couldn’t contain himself from saying his name.

“Jooheon.” Minhyuk showed a half smile, but his eyes were just blank. Jooheon noticed he probably didn’t sleep much, just like him, and the other’s eyes were slightly puffy and red.

He got up and before his brain could process what he was up to, he already pushed Minhyuk lightly against the door, their lips crashing against each other.

Jooheon felt like he was being struck by thunder. Every cell in his body was tingling, making electricity travel throughout every inch of his body.

When Minhyuk broke of their kiss Jooheon just laid his head against the other’s shoulder.

“Can we watch Goblin together when I get home from work? I love that show.”

A smile appeared on Jooheon’s face and he looked up at Minhyuk, eyes twinkling with happiness.

“Of course we can.”

 

Later when Minhyuk got back he cooked some pasta and both ate it in front of the TV while watching Goblin. When they were halfway through the second episode Jooheon asked a question.

“Was the pasta on the menu at work? It tasted good.” 

A big smile appeared on Minhyuk’s face, as he answered that: no, it wasn’t on the menu right now, but yes, it was on the menu a few months ago.

But as simple as the question may have sounded, it was the start of long conversations between the two. Minhyuk talked about his ideas for the menu of next month and what flavors would match together or not, and Jooheon talked about school, at which both would gossip about their favorite and most hated teachers. There were no heavy topics, just some everyday experiences, and lots of stories which made both of them laugh.

Eventually it got late and both went to bed after brushing their teeth. When they laid in bed Jooheon pulled a little on Minhyuk’s shirt, making his move closer to him. Minhyuk turned so that he faced Jooheon.

“Good night Jooheon.” Warmth spread through Jooheon’s chest, making him smile at Minhyuk.

 

“Sleep well, Minhyuk.”

 



 

First of all, I am really really really really sorry for not uploading for about a month. And to be honest, I was even shocked when I saw it was already that long. It's just that weeks have been pretty bussy, stressfull and tiring for me. Also, last time when I posted I had trouble in writing because I didn't really know what I wanted to happen next in the story. Mainly it's because I already know how I will end it, and I did write some things/events that need to happen in this story but I had some trouble knowing when to write about which one. So the past weeks I also ordered my timeline, which took much more time then I thought it would take.... 

Also, I probably already mentioned I'm writing my master thesis right now? I did like a research and the past two weeks I was doing statistics (#killme), and it was just messy and difficult so it took some time and I was just at the university from morning till evening and I even worked inbetween. 

So I'm sorry for making you all wait :(   I hope everyone is still excited to read this story ♥  

And again sorry (lol), because I will leave for vacation tomorrow until Friday. I don't know if I will already upload again next weekend, but otherwise it would be in the beginning of the week after. 

 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE ♥ take good care ♥