Years, Yearn

MINE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the second update for today so make sure you check the previous chapter before reading this :)

 

 

King Sejong Research Station, Antartica

 

Yoo Si Jin’s POV

 

It’s been a dream comes true for me to be able to do a research here with other fellow scientists.

 

Since i was a kid i know what i want to be, unlike other people who love to socialize, i prefer to spend my days by reading books, science books to be precise, drowning myself in a sea of knowledge rather than talking nonsense just to praise other people’s behavior, which somehow i found mostly those behaviours that they proud of are disgusting, but don’t get me wrong, i just like to surround myself with facts.

 

That’s why i don’t have a lot of friends, i think i only have one, Seo Dae Young, or two if i can consider his girlfriend as my friend too although i can sense she doesn’t like me that much.

 

In contradiction to a fact that i’m a less sociable person, i, indeed, have a girlfriend, surprise, surprise.

 

But Kang Mo Yeon is different from any other girl that i know.

 

I know that i don’t have an ugly face according to South Korea standard, maybe that’s the reason why during school some girls asked me to be their boyfriend, well, of course, i refused, all of them. 

 

Since their reasons were somehow in grey area, they said i look cool because i like reading books (i don’t find this statement is plausible, since the word “cool” can differ into a lot of meanings), or some of them said that they want to have a smart boyfriend (this is way beyond what i can process, according to some books that i read, a smart couple doesn’t belong to any love standards, it’s ridiculous).

 

And that’s why for the longest time in my life i prefer to say no to those girls. 

 

Until Kang Mo Yeon came into my life,

 

We went to the same school during Junior High, then i met her again during that summer when i just started my work.

 

How to say this, she is less noisy than any other girls, and one thing that i like the most about her is that she doesn’t hide anything from me, she said what she wants to say even though she knows i don’t like it and i just like having her around me.

 

That’s why i told her she can be my girlfriend, and things are going to this direction since that day.

 

She understands me while others don’t, she knows how to give me space when i need that the most, and last but not least, she doesn’t ask me a lot of things like those girlfriends that my colleagues have, i remember one of them asked my colleagues to buy her one hundred red roses for their 100 days anniversary, and when i asked why red roses, he said because according to her red roses means declaration of love.

 

C’mon people, different colors in flowers is part of their evolution process since they grew in a different environment, not because it means something especially if you connect it with romanticism. Ridiculous. 

 

 

To sum it up, Kang Mo Yeon accepts me for who i am, and that’s why now i have to call her.

 

I have to let her know that my time here is being prolonged to three years.

 

She will understand, for sure, right?

 

 

End of Yoo Si Jin’s POV

 

---

Si Jin sat down near the satellite phone that he will use to contact Mo Yeon about his time in this research station.

 

Yesterday Prof. Park just informed him that he got selected to be one of the members in main research group here, which it means he has to stay for three years to complete the mission.

 

It’s like a jackpot for someone like Si Jin, because it means he will get an unlimited amount of access to new findings and object for his research.

 

He dials the only telephone number that he remembers by heart, and since the signal at his current base is the worst, he can only make a call once every two or three weeks, so he already told Mo Yoen that he will call her every beginning of the month so she will not wait for long.

 

“Yeoboseyo…si jin-ah..” 

 

“Ah Mo Yeon-ah.”

 

“How are you there?”

 

“I’m good, i wear your gloves.”

 

“Mmm, that’s nice..”

 

Her voice seems different, or is it maybe because of the signal? He thought.

 

“Si Jin-ah..i..”

 

“Mo Yeon, i have to stay her for another three years.”

 

There i said it.

 

“Wh..what?”

 

“Yes,  i got selected to be in the main team, and the good thing is if i move there i can call you more often.”

 

“No Si Jin-ah..i don’t need that, i need you to come back now..”

 

Why suddenly she is being all clingy like this, this is not like Mo Yeon

 

“You know that this is my dream right? you have to know that i can’t go back now, not yet, you said you want to support me!”

 

“I know..i want, but i just..”

 

“Listen to me okay, i’ll call you more often but i can’t come back until three years, you promise me you’ll wait for me, right?”

 

“I…i don’t..”

 

Then she hangs up the phone, leaving Si JIn confuse and dum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter