Nine

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun has been busy the whole week and couldn't make time to meet up with Chanyeol. This is the only chance they get to be together again after having to finish all his reports and product proposals. Chanyeol picked him up from work and they both went to Baekhyun's home to have dinner with Gran as per their usual routine.

"Is Gran okay? She almost slammed the door on my face saying she didn't know me. And then after a while she was all excited about me coming to visit her. It's just..just kinda..weird? Don't you think?" Chanyeol leaned back against Baekhyun and sighed. "She's getting forgetful nowadays as well."

Baekhyun shifted and glanced at the taller male. "W-what do you mean by that? Of course she's an old lady, it's pretty normal to have things forgotten." He said in a hushed tone, biting his lower lip.

"Yeah maybe that's the reason. I was just dropping off her tea the other day while you're at work, and she yelled at me for disturbing her gardening time. Telling me to go, and when I got into my car, she texted me saying we should come home right away because she made stew." Chanyeol sighed and scratched his temple.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was his hands on his sides. He was mad. Mad that Gran is showing the signs. Mad that Gran is slipping away from him, faster than he thought.mad that he couldn't do anything to help because she doesn't want him knowing about her illness. He was in pain as well. He needs time to himself. "Yeol.."

He wanted to let Chanyeol know, how hard it's been for him, seeing Gran suffer. How much he wanted to just break down and finally let his tears fall.

"Hm?" The taller turned to look at his fiancée with a worried look.

"It's almost ten." Baekhyun answered, standing up to his feet and dusting his pants. The taller male frowned and got up to hold the smaller's hands. "But I've missed you. We haven't seen each other in a week. Just a little bit more?"

Chanyeol gazed at him with sadness in his eyes. "You're spending so much time with Chen these days and I get to be with you just now." He added, bitterness in his voice.

It was true that he spends a lot of time with Chen, well, he knows about Gran, that's why.

The smaller male stared back at him and took a deep breath. "I just wanted to talk to him about some stuff."

"And you can't talk about those stuff with me? What am I, Baek?" Chanyeol snapped at him, making Baekhyun flinch and blink. "Chen's different, Yeol. It's--"

"It's what? Huh, Baek? If you'd rather spend time with Chen than me. Fine. Have it your way, then." He said in a cold, deadly tone before storming out of the rooftop and down to his car. Baekhyun just stood and watched as his fiancé angrily drove off out of his sight. He just didn't have the strength to argue with him, he was so tired and hopeless that he couldn't bring himself to even stop him from leaving.

"I'm so sorry, Yeol. It's not your problem.."
 

 

 

 

"I've finished my reports, sir. In that folder, the results and remarks I've jotted down from our..product testing with Mr. Wu. It's more than exceptional." Baekhyun handed the CEO a white folder that contained all his data gathered from the testing.

Junmyeon cleared his throat and started reading the file.

"Uh. Sir? If I may suggest. There's already a potential customer for the product if it's going to be released to the market."

Mr. Kim looked up from the folder and motioned for him to continue. "Go on."

"It's my grandmother, she has stage four brain cancer. And she's already starting to lose some of her memory and most times, unable to speak."

Everyone looked at Baekhyun with sadness in their eyes. It's been three weeks since the diagnosis, and the signs are showing at a fast pace.

Junmyeon placed down the folder on the table and looked at his employee. "I am so sorry to hear that, Baekhyun. But I will let you know right away when the device has been produced, I'll personally hand you the first one."

Baekhyun smiled and nodded at his boss. "Thank you, sir."

The CEO stood up and went to pat him lightly on the back before exiting the room.
 

 

 

 

 

"How's Gran?"

Kyungsoo sat beside the motionless Baekhyun who was by himself in the break room. "She's not doing well, Soo. I'm scared." He whispered and forced back a sob that was threatening to come out any moment. His friend quickly pulled him into a hug and brushed the back of his hair, trying to soothe his pain even for a little while. "I'm so sorry, Baekhyun. I really don't know what to say other than, be strong. I know it's hard. But, please, you've got to be."

Baekhyun nodded as a response and remained still in his friend's embrace. "Are you really not telling Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo added after a moment.

A tired sigh came out of his lips as he pulled away and looked away from him. "He's facing other things as well, Kyungsoo. I don't wanna add up to his plate."

"But he's your fiancé, isn't it counted as his concern as well? You're gonna be a family, you, him, and Gran. He's having a hard time not being able to help you, Baek. He deserves to be let in your personal matters."

He could only nod and look down at his shoes. And just noticed that he was wearing the same shoes he wore to that last party he went together with Chanyeol, who is now his future-husband. Kyungsoo was right. Chanyeol is no longer just a stranger to him. He loves him. And Chanyeol loves him more than he does.

"Thanks, Soo. Thank you."

Kyungsoo nodded and gave a small smile before heading back to his desk with a cup of coffee in his hand. "He's leaving soon you know. And he's told me you guys fought." He added before totally disappearing from the room.

Baekhyun felt bad for that other past week he didn't get to be with Chanyeol and for just letting him leave like that.

He picked his phone up and immediately called him up. It took a while before the other picked up.

"Mm."

Of course he was upset that's why he was being cold.

"Yeol. I'm sorry."

There was a long silence before the other finally sighed and sniffled. "I'm sorry too, Baek. I love you."

And that did it. Baekhyun's tears came running down his cheeks. He missed him so much that it physically hurts him.

"I love you more, Chanyeol."
 

 

 

 

 

Right after his shift, his heart felt like flying as soon as his eyes landed on that familliar tall figure smiling and waving at him in front of his company building. Baekhyun's feet suddenly had a mind of its own and went running straight to that said man and jumped on him.

They remained in each other's arms for a good minute before pulling away and longingly stared at one another. "You're so beautiful." The taller male smiled and leaned over for a quick peck on the lips.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to--"

The shorter male was cut off mid-sentence by a pair of lips he so loved pressed against his own. He ran his hands over the taller's soft hair and rested it on his nape, pulling him closer for a deeper more passionate kiss. "Yeol, I missed you. I really am sorry."

Baekhyun sobbed and clung to the taller male, trembling as his emotions willingly flowed from his eyes and into Chanyeol's jacket. "Y-yeol I-I.."

"Shhh. Baek. I'm here. I'm here now, hm? I'm not going anywhere."

The shorter male hiccupped and slowly looked up at his fiancé with questionable eyes. "H-huh? W-wha--?"

"I'm not going to China. I just can't leave you. I'm not taking the promotion, Baek." Chanyeol whispered with a smile on his lips. "I'm staying with you."

Another sob escaped the shorter's quivering lips and managed to give him back a smile, nodding, glad with the news he just told him. He pulled the taller into another hug and held him so tight he felt like his heart was gonna burst from happiness, his fiancé is staying with him.
 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeollie. Why don't you two get married sooner, hm? Gran wants to see my sweeties become one before I go. What do you say?" The old lady smiled and placed her weak hand over the tall male's while Baekhyun was clearing the table after their meal. Chanyeol scoffed and stood up to wrap his arms over Gran. "Ai, Gran what are you saying. Huh? Don't talk like as if you're leaving us."

Gran chuckled and hummed lowly. "I don't have long, my child."

Baekhyun dropped the silverware he was washing and furiously turned around to look at his Gran. "Gran, I think it's getting pretty late. You're saying nonsense again. You need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter