Ten

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeah, I'm here already."

"Okay. Call me if anything happens, and let me know how he's doing."

"I will. Text me when you get there."

"Yep. I love you."

Kyungsoo smiled and turned the knob to Baekhyun's front door. "I love you too. See you tomorrow." He put his phone back on his pocket after dropping the call to step inside the house, only to find Baekhyun heaving and lying on the cold marble floor.

"Baek!"

He rushed to the male and knelt beside him. Concern spreading across his face, studying the other's red, glistening face, eyes closed. "Oh, hey there, Soo. You're..here." Baekhyun breathed and smiled at the male beside him, cracking one eye open to glance quickly towards his direction and closing it again.

"What happened? W-why are you on the floor? Is everything--"

"Calm down, Kyungsoo. Geez. I just finished cleaning the house, nothing happened okay? I'm fine." Baekhyun sat up and grabbed his friend on the arms, chuckling as he assured his friend about the situation. He got up and that was the only time Kyungsoo saw the rag and sprayer on his friend's side, as well as the already-dirty apron he's wearing.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun, his concern growing even more as the other threw him a wide smile, nodding enthusiastically at him.

No he isn't okay.

He's never been okay since.

Baekhyun's been having a hard time after everything happened, that's why Kyungsoo and Kai take turns staying with Baekhyun overnight once a week. It was just heartbreaking for the couple to witness their friend at his most vulnerable state the past six months. It was as if his whole life came horribly crashing down, with his only family passing away, and his fiancè leaving him without any explanations. He felt angry, betrayed, abandoned. The only once left were his co-workers, Kyungsoo and Kai, Chen. Kyungsoo and Kai was with him all the while during his hardest moment, moving on.

There were times where Baekhyun would physically hurt because of too much sadness. And there were times where he's numb all over his mind and body.

He held up both his thumbs and turned to head to the kitchen. "Never better."

Kyungsoo could only sigh and get up to his feet, following behind his friend.

"You know you don't have to do this anymore, Soo. Kai's gonna hate me eventually for always bugging you two." Baekhyun chuckled and placed the apron that was folded neatly on top of the counter.

"I'm gonna hate you if you don't stop getting rid of me. Now shush and eat your food." The smaller male snapped at him and handed the other a pair of utensils. "Kai's gonna drive us to work tomorrow."

With a quick glance, Baekhyun smiled and stared at his plate full of food Kyungsoo made himself for him. He really is grateful to have people like Kyungsoo, Kai, and Chen who visited him every week as well. "Thank you." He whispered, sniffling as he started scarfing down his meal. The shorter male smiled and sat across the table and in front of Baekhyun to start with his own plate.

"So, did you pick a venue yet?" Kyungsoo looked up and nodded.

"Yeah. We did, actually. It's close to this area, we just want an intimate ceremony with a few guests, that's all."

Baekhyun clasped his hands together and closed his eyes. "I am really happy for you two. And thank you for choosing me as best man, Soo. It's an honor." He opened his eyes and held his friend's arm. "You're good for each other."

"Thank you. And I want you with me for every time I go to the wedding planner's shop, okay?"

"Count on it, man. We're gonna have so much fun!" Baekhyun exclaimed and continued with his food.
 

 

 

After their lunch together and a good half hour of bickering who wants to do the dishes, he lost to Kyungsoo's threats and backed away from the shorter male. He made his way to the rooftop and sat on an old bar stool near the railings. Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun stared at the breathtaking view of the sun setting, pink skies, moving clouds, the busy road. It was all beautiful. But everything made him sorrowful.

He bit his lip, holding back his tears.

Baekhyun ached so bad.

He missed Gran. So much.

He missed Chanyeol.

But everytime he thought of the taller male, his heart constricts and beats eratically of anger. Chanyeol abandoned him.

Baekhyun fisted his hands and winced as his skin tightened around his knuckles. He looked down to his hands and stared at the patches of black and violet marks on his pale skin, blotches of red, portions of cuts and scrapes. He scoffed and unfisted his hands. He never was a violent person, it's just that his emotions keep getting the best of him, ending up hurting himself more.

His behavior had been uncontrollable, if not for Kyungsoo walking in on him in his room he would've lost his hands. Baekhyun would punch the wall repeatedly until he could feel his blood splattering on his face when he senses his tears falling because of Chanyeol. Also making it a reason for the couple in supervising their friend as much as possible.

It was given he was sad for Gran's passing. He already accepted his grandmother's fate, he couldn't do anything about the sickness that his own grandmother's decided to not get treatment. But it was a different situation with Chanyeol. The thought of him made his insides burn and quake with hatred.

He despised Chanyeol.

"Baek. I made coffee. Let's go down, it's starting to get cold."

Baekhyun's thoughts of Chanyeol was disrupted by Kyungsoo's soft voice calling for him.

"Okay." He smiled and walked towards the other, clinging onto his arm as they both descended indoors.
 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo." The older male whispered, shifting in his bed, turning to the person next to him.

"Hmm?"

"Does he ever call you?"

The younger male sighed and unfolded his arms from his chest, opening his eyes to look to his side. "Baek."

"I know. I know I shouldn't be still asking. But, please." Baekhyun tightened his grip on the sheets, tears threatening to fall any second. "I just want to know." He added.

Kyungsoo adjusted himself to fully face his friend, tucking an arm under his head. "He called me yesterday. He sounds fine."

The older male nodded and bit his lip before asking again. "D-does he..does he..you know.."

His friend completely understood what he wanted to ask and didn't need for him to finish his sentence. "No. He doesn't ask about you, Baek. I'm sorry." Kyungsoo put a hand on his clenched fist, looking him in the eyes. "Baek. You shouldn't be asking about him like he doesn't ask about you."

"I-I know. I..I just wanted to know why. Why he suddenly left. Am I..wasn't I..good enough?" His voice wavered, eyes glistened. He will never be able to let this go til he finds his answers. Tears started flowing, there's no stopping it now.
 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun."

It was Chen. He came as soon as he heard about the news from Kai.

Baekhyun slowly diverted his eyes from the framed picture of Gran to his friend. "Oh. You came. I..I-I was.." Chen already wrapped his arms around the him before he could finish. "I'm here now. I'm here. Baekhyun, we'll get through this okay? You hear me?" He pulled away, cupping Baekhyun's face between his hands, trying to bring some strength into his friends system eventhough he himself wanted to break down and cry with him. "Everything's gonna be fine. Everything..I-I'll never leave you, okay?" He sniffled and pulled the other male into another tight embrace.

"Chen. C-can you call Chanyeol? Please? I-I couldn't reach him. I..I don't know why he's not picking up." Baekhyun's voice was already weak from all the crying, and now Chen's enraged with what his friend had told him.

"Alright. I'll be right back." Chen sighed and stood up, ruffling Baekhyun's hair before heading for the entrance of the funeral home.

Upon hearing a familliar voice, he paused halfway through the lobby and glanced to his right where he saw Kyungsoo, furiously waving his hands in the air with a phone pressed against his ear and a frowning Kai seated on the couch. Wondering what his friends were so upset about, he decided to go and talk to them.

"What's happeni--"

"What the hell do you mean by that, Chanyeol?!"

The mention of Chanyeol's name alerted him even more. It sounds something serious, he thought to himself.

"You get your out of that airport this instant. You can't just leave like this! What about Baekhyun?!"

Chen paced faster til he's in front of Kyungsoo, clenching his fist in an instant, shaking his head as he looked over Kai for explanation.

"Where's he right now?" Gritting his teeth, Chen growled at the both of them. Kyungsoo glanced at him and held up a finger asking him to give him some time.

"Chanyeol, he needs you! Gran just--hello? Hello?? Chan-- ugh!"

The shorter male groaned in frustration, throwing his hands in the air when the call ended and made Chen even more anxious in wanting to know where Chanyeol was. He stepped closer to Kyungsoo, grabbing his shoulders. "Where is he?"

Kyungsoo threw a quick, uncertain look towards his boyfriend as to knowing how Chen will react when he finds out about what Chanyeol has don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter