Four

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Someone's happy." Kyungsoo eyed his friend as he sipped his cup of cofee.

He smiled back at his friend, he was right. Baekhyun had the most glorious sleep last night. For the first time in months, he was finally peaceful.

"Weeell. Are you just gonna freak me out with that lip biting or are you gonna spill it?"

Baekhyun shyly faced his friend and grabbed his cup to sit beside said friend. "There's nothing much to say, though. But..yeah. I like him."

Kyungsoo pursed his lips, containing his squeals, leaning closer to his colleague. "I knew it, I knew it. No wonder why you're all jumpy when he's around!"

"I really don't understand why I was like that. You know me. I'm a hell lotta loud and all. When I saw him I-I..I don't know why my tongue suddenly curled up and got stuck behind my throat." He stared at his cup and watched the steam go up and vanish, a smile crept on his lips.

"You're pretty special as well. Channie's never like that to anyone."

Baekhyun shifted to face Kyungsoo with confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I knew he wouldn't come pick me up. He knows Kai's always gonna do that. I purposely told him I was with you and yeah." Kyungsoo's grin grew wider when he saw his friend's face painted red.

"You think he likes me too?" Baekhyun whispered and grabbed his friend on the sleeve.

"I know he does." He winked at him and continued sipping on his coffee when Baekhyun's phone vibrated.

He quickly let go of Kyungsoo and snatched his phone from the table.

Yeol:))))) :

Goodmorning :)


Baekhyun started hyperventilating, fanning himself and looking back and forth at his friend and back at his phone.

"You are so, so, sooooo screwed." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at him and got up from his seat, leaving his giggling colleague alone at the break room.

 

 

 

 

"Kris? W-what are you doing here?"

Baekhyun pulled away from the tall male's grasp and blinked at him. Kris just smiled and gave him a peck on the lips, startling the shorter male.

People around the company's lobby started looking at the both of them.

"Wha-..Kris I thought we talked about this??" His voice rising, stepping further away from his former lover.

Kris' eyes saddened by the shorter male's reaction. "S-sorry. I just missed you. I know you made it clear last time. I'm sorry, Baek."

The shorter male's glare softened to an apologetic look. He gave him a small smile and a pat on the arm.

"I'm sorry I overreacted. J-just don't do it again. I don't wanna have to avoid you, and you know that."

The taller figure nodded and smiled back at his friend.

After Chanyeol left the two of them by the pool, they finally got the chance to talk about their relatonship status.

 

 

 

"I thought you were in China?" The taller male stepped closer to him. Trying to hold Baekhyun's hand.

"Baek, I'm sorry. My parents asked me to go back in such a short notic--" Baekhyun swat his hands away, shaking his head at Kris.

"You're a grown man, Kris, for crying out loud! You couldn't even manage to give me one measly text saying 'hey, can't talk to you for a month because I'm busy'?"

Kris was taken aback by the younger's sudden aggressiveness. He watched Baekhyun pacing back and forth in frustration.

"Since the party, Kris. Since the party. You've been leading me on. Acting like some kinda perfect boyfriend for what, how many days? Three? A week?" He gritted his teeth and flailed his hands around.

He's never seen him like this ever. He tried to hold him still but his hands keep getting pushed away.

"Baek I--"

"And then what? You go invisible for a week. Sometimes two, Kris. You keep me hanging. Whenever I'm on the stage of thinking this, us, we could actually work. That this unexplainable relationship we have is really going somewhere. How foolish of me."

Baekhyun dropped to the floor, tired. He looked up at Kris who looked defeated, not able to find the words to even try and apologize.

He sighed and ran his hands on his hair. "Let's just stop this, Kris. Whatever this is. I give up." Baekhyun whispered.

Kris knelt in front of him and cupped his face. "I truly am sorry, Baek. You know I wouldn't hurt you on purpose."

"What do I know? I barely know you." He answered, eyes trembling.

"I..I guess I wasn't ready to engage in something serious after my previous one." The older male took a deep breath and sat down beside Baekhyun, staring at the glistening pool of water.

"Then you shouldn't have started things between us." The shorter male scoffed.

"That was totally my fault. I mean, not that I wasn't really attracted to you, don't get me wrong."

"Tell me."

Kris turned to face him. "Nah. It happened a long time ago.." he paused as memories came drowning his mind. He smiled to himself at Baekhyun's hand brushing his arm. "Come on. We're friends now, are we?"

"There's this guy. Maybe I really didn't get over him. We never were official, though. Things just didn't really worked between us. That's why I was at Chen's party that time we met."

"So I was a plan B then?"

"It's nothing like that, Baek! Come on. I just came from China that day." Kris shot him an annoyed look.

"He's Chen's friend as well. I was kinda expecting to see him there. I saw you instead."

Baekhyun looked away. He didn't hate him, he was upset but never angry with him. It's just all the pent up emotions got the best of him.

"I didn't tell you I was going back to China because I was fixing my papers. I wanted to surprise you tonight because I'm staying here for good, Baek." Kris reached out for Baekhyun's hand once more. This time, Baekhyun held onto him.

He studied the taller male's features. He felt nothing anymore. And that he's sure he's doing the right thing.

"Too bad I came too late." Kris smiled and looked at the pair of shoes beside Baekhyun's.

 

 

 



"I'm here because my good friend asked for me to participate in some product testing or something like that."

Baekhyun realized that he must be talking about his project. So, his team leader must've already talked to their boss and their idea of having two participants, including him.

He winced and scratched the side of his head remembering that being in charge of the testing equals more work and late nights once again. "Yeah that product testing. Tch."

Kris was about to ask him if he knew anything about it when a loud voice echoed throughout the hall.

"You're already here!"

They both turned to the direction where the voice came.

His boss Kim Junmyeon approaching them with a wide smile. "Good to see you again, Kris!"

With eyes wide, Baekhyun watched as his boss went straight to Kris, the two of them engaged in a brow-raising kind of hug, it was too welcoming. He cleared his throat, biting his lip to keep him from smirking. The two men froze, Junmyeon quickly stepped back and brushed his sleeves, fixing his tux. Kris shyly looked at him having his ears red as apple.

"Uh. L-let's head inside. The meeting's about to start." Junmyeon gave them a quick glance and marched back to the elevators.

Baekhyun scoffed at the fidgeting tall creature in front of him. "It's him? You were talking about my boss?"

Kris raised his hands up in defense. "I swear to God I didn't know he's your boss, Baek! I swear!" He half-shouted at the squinting shorter male.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him and grabbed the hem of his coat, yanking him with him on the way to the elevators. Who would've thought that his boss and almost-boyfriend were acquainted with each other. He found it amusing how small the world is, and how out of every frustrating things that happened between him and Kris, it all came out fine for the both of them. Finally relieved that everything's been straightened out. Especially now that he's crushing on someone new.

All eyes fell on the two of them when they entered the meeting room. Kyungsoo's eyes are about to jump out of it's sockets any moment soon, mouthing words directly at Baekhyun.

'What is he doing here!'

Baekhyun nodded at him, assuring his friend that everything's b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter