Eight

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure, you're gonna be alright? We'll just take you home, Baek, I don't want you to--"

"Soo, I'm okay. It's starting to get late, you should head home." Baekhyun held Kyungsoo's hands and smiled at him assuringly. Being able to force this smile even though it felt like his life just crashed without being able to recover.

Kyungsoo and Kai looked at him, concerned and apologetic for the way Baekhyun had found out about his Gran this way. Kai didn't mean to keep it from his friend, it's just that it's patient confidentiality, especially knowing that Gran is still in the right mind when she specifically asked for it to be kept secret from her beloved grandson, it was only fair.

"At least let us stay until Channie gets here. I insist."

Baekhyun could only nod and roll his eyes at his friend's persuasiveness. "Thank you, Kyungsoo. And Kai, sorry to have had you break an important rule from your practice."

"Hey, you're family. I'm going to have to tell you sooner or later, anyway." The taller male just shrugged and gave a small smile. "Remember what I told you, don't act so reckless or she'll find out you know about it."

The shorter nodded and lifted his hands to give Kai a thumbs up.

"What's everyone talking about?"

They all froze and frantically looked towards their side where Chanyeol was approaching them with a beaming grin. "Baek." He whispered and gathered his fiancée into a tight hug. In which Baekhyun automatically reciprocated with much enthusiasm.

"Thanks for keeping my Baekhyunnie company, guys."

"No problem, Channie. Well, I guess we'll leave you two. Drive safe guys, okay?" Kyungsoo clung onto Kai's arm and smiled at the couple. "See you tomorrow, Mr. Ambassador." He waved before leaving, with Kyungsoo tucked under his arm.

Baekhyun looked up at his fiancé as he pulled away from him. "You accepted the promotion?"

Chanyeol sighed and took both of the shorter's hands. "Not yet. I was waiting til I got to discuss it with you."

"Why?"

"We're engaged now, remember? It's not just my decision anymore, Baek. I care about yours too."

The shorter male took a deep breath and placed a hand on the taller's cheek. "Okay, we'll talk about it."

"Let's hurry, Gran's probably waiting for us." Chanyeol took his hand and shoved it in his own coat pocket and they both walked towards his car. Little does he know about what's going on in his lover's mind.

 

 

 

Yeah, Gran's probably waiting..
 

 

 

 

"Goodnight, Gran! I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" The tall male leaned in towards the old lady to place a soft kiss on the top of her head. "Chanyeollie, my Chanyeollie. You take care of my Baekhyunnie, okay? Get married sooner!" Gran joked, patting the tall male on the cheek and headed upstairs to her room. Baekhyun just bit his lip as he watched the two most important people in his life, fighting the tears as he heard Gran reminding Chanyeol as if she's gonna leave any time sooner.

He turned away and quickly wiped off the beads of tears just before falling from the corners of his eyes. "What's wrong, Baek? Are you crying?" A pair of arms wrapped around his waist, Chanyeol rested his chin on the shorter's shoulder and nuzzled his nose on his neck. "Are you okay?"

Baekhyun sniffled and shook his head. "I'm fine. I just yawned a little too hard, that's all." He lied, of course. He wasn't gonna ruin Chanyeol's promotion news with his problems. "You sure?"

Baekhyun nodded and turned to face his lover and adoringly looked into his eyes. "Is this about me leaving?" Chanyeol's heart fell to his stomach. Baekhyun took his news so well when he was telling him about the need to move to China next month and all the while, he thought that it was completely fine with his fiancée. But now he's seeing him being this way all of a sudden and that made him worried and again, thinking about declining the promotion.

What he isn't informed about, was Gran's condition. Baekhyun fully understood the responsibilities that came with his husband-to-be's new position and that's why he didn't react badly to the moving issue.

What saddened him was that, Gran has only a few weeks or months to live. And Chanyeol's not gonna be with him to help get through it somehow. Which is why he thought it was best to just not tell Chanyeol about the disease or he'll definitely stay with him and he doesn't wanna be a hinder to his progress.

"I'm just glad, you're making Gran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter