Twelve

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He caught his bare chest with his hand and tried to even out his erratic breathing. Are his eyes fooling him, he thought to himself as he pulled his robe closer to cover his body as much as possible.

There was a loud knocking on his door after a minute.

"Open up. We're gonna be late. Or I can just wait here if you want."

Baekhyun fidgeted on his hands and bit his lower lip out of frustration.

Why is he here...

His hand slowly wrapped around the knob and twisted it with a pull to open the door. He nervously looked outside once more. "K-Kris? Why are..w-what are you doing here?"

The tall male snickered and cocked his head to the side, resting his elbow on the wall. "Junmyeon didn't want to trouble Kyungsoo with the guests and sent me to pick you up. He's already there with Minseok and your team."

Baekhyun blinked at Kris and stepped aside to let him inside the house with an apologetic look. "Sorry for slamming the door on your face. I-I didn't expect you to come here. Or even see you after the product testing." He shyly admitted and closed the door behind them, leading his guest to the living room and asking him if he could offer anything like a snack or maybe a drink to which the tall male politely refused.

"I'll be quick. Just give me ten to fifteen minutes and we can go."

"Take your time, Baekhyun. It's okay. I already texted Junmyeon."

With him mentioning Junmyeon again gave him the idea that maybe they've and sorted things out. He smiled at the thought of the two reconciling and made a mental note to ask further details about them. Baekhyun dashed to his room and wore something simple and comfortable for a night of drinking and mingling with his colleagues and acquaintances. He stood in front of his mirror and nodded in satisfaction with his olive green silk button-down long-sleeves, which he folded upward until half his forearms and  black slim-fit slacks. Completing his neat look with a pair of matte black leather loafers and a few puffs of his favorite perfume.

"This will do." He chuckled to himself and descended the stairs to meet a smiling Kris who stood up immediately to open the door, letting the smaller male ahead of him before getting out himself and jogging to his car while his friend locked up the house.

"Thank you for picking me up, Kris. Although it's a shame you had to be bothered." Baekhyun started as they took off.

"You always think of yourself as a bother, Baek. Stop that. You look amazing, by the way. That color matches your skin." The tall male gave him an assuring, warm smile, glancing at the blushing dark-haired male.

"Thanks. It's been a while since I went out with friends, actually. It feels nice." He hummed and stared outside the starry sky outside of the window. "And it's a perfect evening."

"I'm glad you're smiling. I've heard a lot from your friends at work and I might say, I'm pretty pissed at what your ex did. Not that I'm any better. But still. You get me." Kris sensed how Baekhyun's personality had changed since the last saw each other. He was quieter. More conscious. He hated how his bubbly personality was gone.

"So, you and my boss, huh." The small male decided to dismiss the issue about him and just talk about the driver's instead.

Kris let out a breathy chuckle, his smile never going away as he thought of his almost ruined relationship with Junmyeon and how it all went back into place, even better. "Yeah. We fixed things between us and it's been a couple months for us."

"I am so happy for you two. Finally. You held him in place."

"I still am sorry for the way I was with you. I really am."

Baekhyun faced his friend with a genuine, yet rather sorrowful smile. "Funny you're still apologizing for that. Unlike someone else." He meant that as a joke but all Kris understood was all the depth of his words meaning that 'someone' was none other than Chanyeol.

Kris shook off the building pool of displeasure in his mind and pulled over the curb next to the building with blinding lights all over the name of the said premises. "We're here. Be ready to get wasted, Mr. Best Man."

The shorter male let out an amused scoff before hopping off his friend's fancy vehicle. "Lightsaber? This isn't a gay bar, I hope?" Laughing nervously and tailing after the tall male.

"Just hurry up or I'll lock you back in the car." Groaning as he pushed his friend inside the bar where both of them were welcomed with blaring speakers and blinding strobe lights shooting all over the place.

Baekhyun whined loudly and stomped his feet on the ground, unhappy with the choice of destination the soon-to-be married couple chose for such party. "I hate places like this! Ugh. What were they thinking!" He exclaimed and rolled his eyes as Kris belted out a loud roar of laughter. "They rented two private lounges at the back of the house. Don't worry!" Shouting back, continued pushing Baekhyun through the sea of people shaking and gyrating their barely covered bodies against him, making him frown with disgust. Because, well, he's not exactly fond of women's body in general.

Eventually, they escaped the bouncing people after a few pushes and ducking. They proceed to a hallway that had two big doors on the right side. One door said "Kyungsoo" and one said "Kai". Just when they're about to head inside Kyungsoo's side of the door, they saw someone just getting out from Kai's side of the door.

Kris crinkled his nose and gave a single nod to the said person in which that person didn't respond to. Instead, the person eyed both him and Baekhyun before scoffing. "Can't believe that guy's still in your life." He muttered lowly under his breath.

"I believe you don't have any business whatsoever regarding Baekhyun's life, Chanyeol." Kris replied coldly, pulling Baekhyun close to him and opening the door, letting the speechless smaller male to head in first. He gave Chanyeol another judgemental look before heading in himself.

"Well, it's about time my best man got here!"

Baekhyun looked up to see a reddish Kyungsoo swaying his way towards him with a foolish grin. "Thanks for picking him up, Kris. You're not so bad, afterall."

Ths tall male chuckled and sat beside his boyfriend who was busy replenishing the drinks for his colleagues. "Hey, babe. You okay?" Junmyeon welcomed him with a peck on the lips.

"I'm just having this funky feeling that Baekhyun isn't gonna have a fun night." He sighed and grabbed a glass from the table, downing it in one gulp. "Keep that door closed. Or we'll not be able to handle it."

"You're already wasted, Soo. And it's only quarter past midnight, you biscuit." Minho howled laughing, dodging the smaller male's scratches and punches. "And you're not drinking fast enough, hyung. C'mon, it's a party. You too, Baek. Stop laughing at me and finish that already-warm sissy champagne you have." Kyungsoo slurred and pointed weakly at the two males seated beside each other.

"I'm just so happy you all are here and will be attending the ceremony tomorrow. Especially my bosses, it's unfortunate your husband's in the other room, Sir Yixing." He added, smiling with his eyes closed, cradling the glass he was holding.

"I need a break from him sometimes, hey. Kidding." Yixing made everyone laugh with his statement. "Married life's amazing, I tell you."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter