Six

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good. Now, I'm gonna be showing you some pictures. Tell me what you think about it. Remember, the first thing that comes to mind."

The two participants could only nod in silence, it's not like they have much of a choice to just bail on the experiment and storm out of the function room.

They've been at it for half an hour now, there's a lot of progress every session they have and it gives Baekhyun a little hope even though it's been really difficult for the three of them. Especially with Kris and Junmyeon and their sickening tension that just circulated the room.

"Second exercise. Starting."

He picked up the first piece of paper and held it in front of his participants. It was an image of two arms, intertlaced.

It was Kris who responded right away. "Baekhyun"

The three of them shifted, Kris took off the chords connected to him and looked up, Junmyeon smiled to himself.

"Really, Kris? My employee? Really?" The CEO whispered and squinted his eyes at the tall male. "Is this why you accepted my offer?"

"Junmyeon, it's not what you think. Come on. Look at me."

Baekhyun stood frozen on his podium and turned the audio equipment and recording off.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore, Baekhyun. You will have to do this without me. He seems to like it." Junmyeon glanced at Kris before taking off the connectors and shooting up from his seat to exit the room.

Kris groaned and rubbed his temples. Baekhyun walked over to him and pushed him lightly on the shoulder. "What was that about, huh?"

"I don't know, Baek. I was looking at you when you held the picture up. I wasn't thinking straight." The tall male groaned and straightened up his back.

"You big stupiddo. Now what are we gonna do?" He sighed and sat on Junmyeon's place.

"Maybe you should do it instead."

Baekhyun scoffed and glanced at him. "Yeah, right. The main reason I chose sir Junmyeon is to get you two guys to work on your relationship."

"I know. But. Ughh. I'll just work on it on my own. What's important is for the product to be approved." He appreciates how Kris is being mindful of the actual testing process and not just Junmyeon.

"You know I can't, Kris. Go after him, silly!"

And with that, Kris sprinted after Junmyeon and left Baekhyun huffing with yet another huge amount of frustration from his lab rats.

He went back to his podium and grabbed his phone before exiting the room where he was welcomed by his friend when he reached the pantry.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo patted his arm and pulled him on his hand to go talk to a quiet corner.

"I give up." He raised his hands in defeat and made his way to one of the tables. "Those two are never gonna make me finish this testing."

"What happened?"

Baekhyun explained what had happened to their session that ended up in a disaster. Sighing and pouting. He is getting pretty tired with their drama. After four sessions, he often thought that maybe that's enough proof for the device's approval so he's cutting it short and calling it done.

"Maybe Kai and I could do it instead?" Kyungsoo smiled. "All you have to do is ask, you know?"

Like that would work, Baekhyun thought. If he had a problem with Kris and Junmyeon's drama, there is no doubt he is going to have problems regarding racy, steamy, inappropriate thoughts to come out of the couple's minds.

"Mm. Nah, I appreciate it though, Soo. But I can't have you and Kai mind-defiling each other in front of me. I can only be so nice."

They both laughed because it was true. Kyungsoo and Kai were always the wild ones when it comes to that. Baekhyun could only gag and close his eyes when his friend comes to work with marks all over his collarbones which can be seen throuh his open-collared dress shirt.

 

 

 

"I missed you, Yeol. So, so much. Oh, I had a stupid day today."

Chanyeol pulled away and ruffled his lover's dark hair affectionately before giving him a small peck on the lips. "What happened to my, Baekhyunnie?" He cooed.

The smaller male tightened his arms around Chanyeol's waist and pouted. "They fought again. And I'm cutting the testings done as of today. That's it. We're finally done."

They sat on the hood of Chanyeol's car outside Baekhyun's house. As per their usual thing, the tall male picks him up at work and drives him home to have dinner together with Gran. They've been going out for nearly four weeks and their relationship just kept getting stronger no matter how busy the schedule, they still found the time to be together.

"That's great to hear. Now you won't have to do anything with that Kris guy, right?"

Baekhyun stared at his boyfriend in amusement. "You're still fussing over that?" He chuckled and poked the side of Chanyeol's cheek. "I told you it's just work, Yeol. I'm yours remember?" He smiled and tiptoed to give the tall male a sweet kiss which made said male blush.

"I knooow. But, still." He whined and gathered Baekhyun into his arms once more. "Promise me, you're not gonna have to see him again, Baek." He looked into his eyes with so much sincerity, Baekhyun felt that Chanyeol really disliked him meeting with Kris even if it was for work only.

The shorter male sighed and sarcastically nodded his head up and down. "I promise."

Chanyeol beamed and jumped with joy, dragging his lover along with him.

"Yeol, it's getting late. You better get going." Baekhyun mumbled, tightening his embrace.

"Are you sure you're sending me away?" He laughed and pulled away. "Let me look at you for a sec."

Baekhyun let his giant boyfriend pull away and cup his cheeks between his hands, making faces and attempting to bite his hand. "What for? We're gonna see each other tomorrow anyway. It's saturday."

Chanyeol frowned, carressing the shorter's cheek gently. "I can't. I have a week-long trip out of town starting tomorrow til friday." He could see the sadness in Baekhyun's expression, how his shoulders fell, and how his eyes saddened. "I'm sorry, Baek. My boss is pushing for that promotion I don't even want and it because now I get to be dragged along to his stupid seminar."

Although Baekhyun was sad he couldn't be with his boyfriend for that long, he is totally happy that Chanyeol is making progress at his workplace. "I'm gonna miss you." The tall figure whispered. "I would love to bring you with me but I'll be working all the time."

"Really? I can come?" Baekhyun quirked and beamed at him. "Yeah. But I gotta work like the whole day everyday." Chanyeol nodded.

"Hmm. Gran's gonna spend the week at her sister's. I was kinda hoping you stayed with me til she came back. Buuut, since you told me I could come, I was thinking maybe I should?" He smiled shyly at his lover, twirling his foot on the ground as he waited for a reply.

"Baek. This is perfect. I mean. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning? Oh gosh I get to be with you for a whole week, Baek. But what about your job?" Chanyeol half-celebrated before he realized that Baekhyun also had a job to keep.

"I'll just take some from my piled up vacation days I was supposed to have but didn't have enough valid reasons to actually take them."

The tall figure had his brows scrunched, laughing at his diligence with his work. "How many days do you have?"

Baekhyun could only look down on his feet and whisper. "A hundred and sixty-two..I mean, yeah. I've been working for Sir Junmyeon for nearly seven years already, sooo.."

"A hundred-- god, Baek. What's up with you?" Chanyeol laughed and kissed the top of Baekhyun's head. "You have plenty of free time then. I'm so excited." The sweetest smile Baekhyun has ever seen, Chanyeol nuzzled his nose on the shorter male's cheek. "I can't wait."

"Me too, Yeol. But you gotta get going now mister or you'll never finish packing. As much as I want to hold you all night, we'll have all week starting tomorrow, okay--"

Baekhyun was cut off by another pair of lips, crashing into his. It was sudden, but gentle, and careful. He could feel the affection with every move his lip, every press and glide just made it all seem like they really were made to fit each other's lips. He couldn't help but giggle and smile in between their kisses.

When they pulled away, Baekhyun looked up at his boyfriend's eyes. "What was that for?" He smiled.

And Chanyeol just shrugged. "I just felt like it." He smiled back and shoved his hands on his pockets. "I'll call you when I get home okay?"

"You take care okay?"

Chanyeol nodded and pulled him in for one last hug for tonight. "I'll see you first thing tomorrow, mm?"

They stayed like that for another five minutes then Chanyeol drove off.
 

 

 

 

"Are your vitamins packed? Did you pack enough clothes? Why do you need that pan with you? You didn't let me see your luggage last night let me just take a quick--"

"Baekhyunnie, Gran's got it all under control, dear. Stop yappin' and just le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter